+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Psystar Hacks Snow Leopard for PCs

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
wait wait so this means I can run Leopard on my hp laptop which has windows? if yes.. how do i do this? I really need to do this lol..
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

wait wait so this means I can run Leopard on my hp laptop which has windows?
    if yes.. how do i do this? I really need to do this lol.. I love mac and Im broke as a joke.

Edit: I just downloaded Rebel EFI from the psystar website.. its free to try for 2 hours then you need to pay.. I donno how much I;m not gonna mess with it until i figure out whate im doing.. only reason is i have so much info on my laptop i dont wanna lose.. .. hope someone can tell me what to do and how to do it

Edit2: This is free called Ideneb :/
    Last edited by xgus69; 10-23-2009 at 11:32 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

installing the osx on a x86 processor isnt the issue. its getting the drivers for windows hardware such as my stupid Intel WiFi 5100 card!

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

sounds like a bunch of fun... i want snow leopard but dont wanna pay for an apple comp.
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

I like what psytar is doing because it lets alot of people who cant afford a mac install osx on their pc.on another note apple is being a little one way they allow programs like parallel an vmware to ade in install for other os's. Why wont they permit anyone to install operating system on a pc?

Thanks

I would like to run snow leopard on my computer because i just want to use it for SDK for iPhone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    i have run both Hackintosh systems and Mac systems. believe me, there is a difference. these hackintosh systems never perform as well as the real deal.
    that said, it was my tinkering with hackintosh that led me to purchase a real iMac....
    My hackintosh (Dell 10v) works just as well as my macbook plus it's more portable.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'll gladly pay Apple for Snow Leopard but I'm not paying these guys $50.00. Hopefully it'll make it on the torrents :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imirish02 View Post
    I'll gladly pay Apple for Snow Leopard but I'm not paying these guys $50.00. Hopefully it'll make it on the torrents :P
    Lol just give it time and boom you will see it lol
    I really looking forward if i can get it running on my laptop, to work with iphone SDK, and not have to run with vmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been using Mac OS X 10.5.6 on my Advent ERT2250 laptop dual booting with Windows Vista for about a month now and I have not had any issues with it whatsoever so this ability to run the mac operating system on a pc is nothing new by a long shot.

There was a little difficulty getting everything installed and working because there are lots of patched drivers available to install but obviously the more you choose to install then the more unlikely the installation of Mac will not boot correctly or it will boot but not run correctly but after about 5 attempts I got the installation running perfectly.

For people out there who are worried about losing important data on their hard drives then don't worry because all you need to do is create a separate partition on your main hard drive (about 30GB is ok) and install Mac OS X on the new partition and the windows partition will not be affected.

If you need info on installing Mac operating systems on a pc then go to osx86project.org and look at installation guides. there is a hardware compatability list on this site but it's not full so don't worry if your computer is not on there because it will most probably work as the later versions of these patched operating systems have many more hardware drivers than before. I got a whole lot of info from this site that helped me but my real friend was in fact youtube where I found a great full video tutorial by some kid and his friend holding the camera. Just for reference I used a disc image called iPC OS X 10.5.6 which can easily be found on google.

Just be sure to get all the information you need to know before you start, oh and printing out drivers info is useful because obviously your computer won't be able to hook up to the internet while you are installing the operatin system or if you have an iPhone then navigate it to the same video tutorial so that you have it to hand while you are doing the installation.

Hit thanks if this helps anybody, oh, and thanks to all the techs that made this possible in the first place.
    Last edited by mwr_allen; 10-25-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would love to have a macbook but cant afford it right now , and i have HP DV 2630ea would i be able to install mac os on it , if so please advise me on good website on how to do it .

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

i tried this on my pc build which has: ASUS P6T MOBO WITH CORE I7 920. It just hangs at the apple logo screen with a no smoking sign. i let it go for like a hour with no luck so im just gonna give ideneb a shot.

Thanks
    Would the Rebel software work on a netbook with the Intel Atom processor?

Thanks

everybody just wants to be a mac. even if it means wearing a wig.
    killall Terminal[]

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12