+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Snow Leopard Beats Win 7 in Speed, But Not Gaming

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
I'm so getting a MBP and a gamer pc with win7 ^^
    Thanks

I'm so getting a MBP and a gamer pc with win7 ^^

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dillonsmith9147 View Post
    Idk what yellowdog OS is but they have the exact same speed processor 3.2ghz just different types, 360 PowerPC(which i think is quite halarious considering apple was one of the main useres of this) and teh PS3 a microcell anyways just saying
    but ehh, if that's the only speed difference and thats on a mac, why not try a windows 7 on a pc so? not fair imo and but still its all about personal prefrence especialy with those minute speed diffs cept that top one
    and on one last note i think its funny that it has to say that the smaller bar is better :P
    I tried Yellowdog, but it is a pain in the but to go through IBM's site to get it to install. I switched to Ubuntu which was an easier install. The new PS3 slim no longer has the Alternate OS install function. Guess I will stick with the one I have.

To the topic: I find it funny how Apple was bragging about Vista running faster on it's own hardware than on a Windows box, but now they say a far superior OS(than Vista) runs slower. As if. Their start-up times are ludicrous. If your machine is taking that long to boot you have issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I tried Yellowdog, but it is a pain in the but to go through IBM's site to get it to install. I switched to Ubuntu which was an easier install. The new PS3 slim no longer has the Alternate OS install function. Guess I will stick with the one I have.

To the topic: I find it funny how Apple was bragging about Vista running faster on it's own hardware than on a Windows box, but now they say a far superior OS(than Vista) runs slower. As if. Their start-up times are ludicrous. If your machine is taking that long to boot you have issues.
    Seriously...40 seconds too boot? i dont think so...try 15-20 tops. and thats on a pretty pedestrian machine...
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234