+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Snow Leopard Beats Win 7 in Speed, But Not Gaming

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by organik The reviewer still assumes Macs are more expensive. Matched spec machines, Macs are not more expensive, AND they hold their value better. I know, I've owned
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    The reviewer still assumes Macs are more expensive. Matched spec machines, Macs are not more expensive, AND they hold their value better. I know, I've owned and sold several and I'm always surprised at how much I get! Also, unlike most people my primary work app, QLab, is Mac only! How weird is that! That said, I do have a PC at home with Win7 (& a Mac Pro with Snow Leopard), at it's pretty damn nice, a huge improvement over Vista. Still spend 95% of my time on the Mac.
    AHAHAHA

MacBook Pro = $2,499

Configure - Apple Store (U.S.)

Asus N70SV-X1 = $1,299

Newegg.com - ASUS N70 Series N70SV-X1 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T9550(2.66GHz) 17.3" 4GB Memory 640GB HDD 7200rpm BD Combo NVIDIA GeForce GT 130M - Laptops / Notebooks

Mac advantages:
    .2 Ghz

Asus advantages:
    140 more Gb
    Faster HDD
    More powerful graphics card

Go try to pass off your inaccuracies somewhere else

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

HAHAHAHHA..until it deletes your user profile, or until you go to restore something from Time Machine and uh oh...its gone.

Quote Originally Posted by petterloco1 View Post
    I love windows 7 I think pc has a lot to offer but on the other hand mac is more reliable. It's all user choice

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

how about get a mac, then you can also run windows using vmware, and have the best of both worlds.
    Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
    - Popular Mechanics, 1949

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

CNET suck at testing, don't you remember the iphone vs pre test they did?

YouTube - Speed Test: Apple iPhone 3G S vs iPhone 3G vs Plam Pre

but when it comes to lp vs w7 they dont suck? lol wow

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah Obviously there is going to be a time different. It's because Apple secludes their Operating systems to specific hardware. Where a Windows has to work on all different types of computers. I know some people who edited the windows OS to run specifically for their computer and the speeds where extremely faster. I personally Like having choice of how much I want to spend on my computer. And have a computer run faster if I spend as much as I would on a mac. Alien-ware.
    Last edited by Madblaster6; 10-16-2009 at 10:16 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wouldn't say either Mac or PC is more stable or more useful. The only real decision is who's ego do you want to stroke, Steve Jobs or Steve Balmer? Mac does have an edge when it comes to customer service. If your PC breaks, where do you take it? Can you get a loaner while it's being repaired? How far over do you have to bend to get your PC back? Apple is pretty reasonable about these things. Some PC sellers are, also, but you have to really pay attention to where you buy. These tests are, I'm sure, as meaningless and as biased as they've always been over the past 20 years.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    What did anyone expect? iTunes on windows ******* blows. Slow as molasses.

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

you can't compare apples with oranges, mac has this crap with their battery(which annoys the hell outta me) that it cannot be taken out or replaced without paying a sh1t load, which in turn allows more space for a bigger batter which means more battery life. A PC laptop has this great feature, called replaceable battery. if your battery is no longer any good(standard lasts about 5-7 years) toss it out and buy a new one for about 80 bucks. or you can go with mac and buy a new computer every time your battery goes to the crapper. sure mac is great but so is PC its all about opinion, cuz i could care less if my computer takes 2 more seconds to turn off, or 8 more seconds to start up...
    Last edited by badass1469; 10-17-2009 at 12:59 AM.
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

Thanks

I have OS X, XP, and Vista installed on my Mac. I use Mac OS X for everything except video editing and gaming: I use Sony Vegas Pro 8 in XP, and I plan to install games onto Vista in the future.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badass1469 View Post
    you can't compare apples with oranges, mac has this crap with their battery(which annoys the hell outta me) that it cannot be taken out or replaced without paying a sh1t load, which in turn allows more space for a bigger batter which means more battery life. A PC laptop has this great feature, called replaceable battery. if your battery is no longer any good(standard lasts about 5-7 years) toss it out and buy a new one for about 80 bucks. or you can go with mac and buy a new computer every time your battery goes to the crapper. sure mac is great but so is PC its all about opinion, cuz i could care less if my computer takes 2 more seconds to turn off, or 8 more seconds to start up...
    You use a laptop from 2002? I'm guessing it still has these on it then:

---

And what is it with some of you and Alienware?
    Last edited by dale1v; 10-17-2009 at 01:55 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

steve-z17 (10-17-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Add me on PS3 guys, I'm Awayze
    Lol back on topic, the mac should be better for gaming as mine has nvidia 9400 and 9600GT in it.
    No macs are terrible in gaming. a 9400? dam dude thats already 3 generations old, try the 4870x2 or the latest nvidia card and then tell me that macs are good for gaming

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    That's awesome, Mac's rock! Don't get me wrong Windows is cool when I need it, I'll use XP with Parallels when I can't run a program on OS X and its fine, but I definitely use Leopard 98% of the time. I just have too many friends and neighbors that are using Windows 7 or XP and have so many problems with it, I think its just too much...awesome for gaming though.
    I dont know what all these people do that have so many problems with windows 7 and xp. Ive been using only windows my entire life and I can tell you the only blue screen Ive ever gotten was like windows 95. Everything else runs perfect and Ive never had problems. Am I just lucky? I think people just say windows has problems so they look cool bashing windows cause its the "cool" thing to do. If you say you like windows your not cool it seems.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gotem3303 For This Useful Post:

ggab (10-17-2009)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol, I don't even play games on Mac or PC, got a PS3 for gaming

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

@gotem3303

I can see how ppl would do that just to bash Windows, I think that's really lame, both OS's have strong points and weak points so it really just comes down to personal preference. I do use XP with Parallels when there's an app I need to run that isn't compatible with Leopard. Both are good, I just prefer Mac over PC.

Thanks

Last edited by xxdobermanxx; 10-17-2009 at 08:51 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you will always get better game graphics and resolution on a PC, no Xbox or PS3 can beat that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't understand wouldn't speed and performance depend on hardware as well as software? Basically what this test is saying is that the Mac computer which had SL designed specifically for the Hardware its running on beat Win7 on who knows what type of build (most likely a build that could have been improved and still have been cheaper to beat the macs times) Its like putting an xbox 360 game in a PS3 and seeing if it runs better on the 360 or the PS3 -_-. I also don't understand the argument "mac is the only system that can run both windows and OS X" Obviously considering the Mac OS is a closed OS that is designed to only run off highly overpriced hardware from Apple where as Windows is an Open OS and is allowed to run on any hardware you want.

But last time I checked it wasn't very hard to get Mac OS X to run on a custom built PC anyway.

I honestly don't understand what they are trying to say when they say only mac can run both OS X and Windows M$ doesn't make computers so its not like they can say OS X won't run on M$ computers because they don't even build them (It sounds like that is what they are trying to say but in reality they are saying OS X doesn't run on superior Hardware that was custom built by the consumer)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    You probably get less than 1/4 the looks from any of the girls though

END

much love, boxxa
    He who buys a mac to get looked at by girls is a sad, pathetic loser. Can't you get looked at NOT based on the crap you buy?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    He who buys a mac to get looked at by girls is a sad, pathetic loser. Can't you get looked at NOT based on the crap you buy?
    Forget it. If you who's seen me on this site for ages can't see that I was joking from all the other posts I made below it, it's hopeless.
    Last edited by dale1v; 10-18-2009 at 09:53 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

22. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (10-20-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Forget it. If you who's seen me on this site for ages can't see that I was joking from all the other posts I made below it, it's hopeless.
    easy guy...hes just wound a little too tight for humor....besides, shouldnt you be practicing ur c-walk
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco