+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Tablet Rumor du Jour

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
image via 9to5Mac A report in DigiTimes that has been picked up by AppleInsider is yet another hint - consistent with previously reported rumors in many specific details - that
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Tablet Rumor du Jour

image via 9to5Mac

A report in DigiTimes that has been picked up by AppleInsider is yet another hint - consistent with previously reported rumors in many specific details - that Apple is readying a tablet for release in the first quarter of next year.

Foxconn Electronics, the Taiwan-based manufacturer that has been Apple's partner on a number of products, is reportedly tooling up to deliver 300,000 to 400,000 tablet PCs for Apple in the beginning of 2010. Echoing earlier reports, Foxconn's tablet would have a 10-inch touchscreen. Previous rumors had also suggested the device would have a PA Semi processor and be HSPDA (3G high speed download packet access) enabled with a long lasting battery pack from Dynapro.

Expected street price of the unannounced, still completely imaginary product has been consistently reported to be in the range of US$799 to $999.

Foxconn made headlines earlier this year after a 4G iPhone prototype disappeared from one of its factories and an employee threw himself from a 12th story window after reported intense interrogation.
    Last edited by Paul Daniel Ash; 10-07-2009 at 11:53 AM. Reason: add link

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paul Daniel Ash For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (10-07-2009), Pluisje84 (10-07-2009), tattoojack (10-07-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

It's time for Apple to bring out the Tablet. Rumor has been on for over a year now.

Thanks

you gotta remember that the phone took 3 years for them to make official. so 1 year of tablet rumor is nothing!

Thanks

I know this isn't the final product but I'm sure the production tablet will be very similar. I'm more anticipated in this product than the Microsoft Courier. From the two videos I've seen for the Courier. It looks like all it does is cut, copy and paste pictures and go on the internet. My iPhone could do all that and more.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Bring on the tablet

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

not sure i understand what makes the tablet a better tool/investment than simply having a macbook? carrying it around would still seem to be a trade-off weight wise. it would need to have some cover/protection right? i guess the tablet idea looks cool but i'm not clear on what it's value is

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

forget the tablet....bring on the iphone PRO.....they need something out there that will rival the htc hd2....have you all seen that thing? its absurdly impressive DESPITE being a winmo phone.....htc took most of the suck out of 6.5 and switched it out with really slick looking features....and heaven forbid they release that piece of hardware with android/sensi...its time for apple to put a really innovative refresh into a product line thats already been making them tons of money, instead of putting out a product that no one has been able to have mass success with.

HTC HD2 hands-on and impressions... on video!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
    forget the tablet....bring on the iphone PRO.....they need something out there that will rival the htc hd2....have you all seen that thing? its absurdly impressive DESPITE being a winmo phone.....htc took most of the suck out of 6.5 and switched it out with really slick looking features....and heaven forbid they release that piece of hardware with android/sensi...its time for apple to put a really innovative refresh into a product line thats already been making them tons of money, instead of putting out a product that no one has been able to have mass success with.

HTC HD2 hands-on and impressions... on video!
    The only thing on that phone that actually needs to be implemented on the iPhone is camera flash. Other than that, it looks meh.

Matt
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster

Thanks

I just want to know the specs of this thing.. I know the look and the shape and what it can do is going to be amazing.. just wanna know specs ... GB and ram..

Thanks

Rule of thumb:Product makes a ton of money (iphone) build a better iphone and release it fast! Forget the tablet it will probably break if you drop it.

Thanks

Can't wait for the tech specs of the Apple Tablet.
    Last edited by awesomeSlayer; 10-07-2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Reasons
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

at this point, if apple is who i think they are (greedy money grubbing $%#@$)
    they would be stupid to not cave to the market demands
    this would be a selling frenzy for all the digital artists
    and put modbook out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by xgus69 View Post
    I just want to know the specs of this thing.. I know the look and the shape and what it can do is going to be amazing.. just wanna know specs ... GB and ram..
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    Show us the tech specs of the Apple Tablet.
    ummmmm, hello
    its still under wraps (aka RUMORED)
    so no one knows.
    when people that know the details, so much as ACT like they are gonna leak the info, they magically fall from a 12th story window.

does anyone on this site read the WHOLE first post before they hit the reply button?
    Last edited by tattoojack; 10-07-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tattoojack For This Useful Post:

taz1981m (10-07-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    ummmmm, hello
    its still under wraps (aka RUMORED)
    so no one knows.
    when people that know the details, so much as ACT like they are gonna leak the info, they magically fall from a 12th story window.
    I know..should have something else. Oops. Time to edit.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

to the people saying that the tablet is a risky move, there is a story on Modmyi somewhere that linked an article where this research company had surveyed people's interest in the mystical mac tablet. More people are currently intrigued by the Mac Tablet than were interested in the iPhone before it came out. So basically, if you think the iPhone has been a huge success, then the mac tablet might just blow it out of the water. At least based on the surveys results...

All I know for sure is that I will be first in line to buy one of these. And any tech-aholic will too. We all want the latest greatest thing and this would be it!

Thanks

I'd buy the tablet if it:

a) Is a true OSX machine, capable of running arbitrary universal apps. I want to be able to install my apps (office, mathematica, etc). Sure, this won't be a speed daemon, but it will still beat a 5 year old laptop... (and that's enough for me).

b) Has real storage (> 100 GB)

c) Has 2 USB ports that I can use to connect external HD's, etc.

d) Can use with the apple mini bluetooth keyboard (then I do not need a laptop anymore!).

e) Good battery life, please.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

I'm all for a tablet, but I sense that Apple will do it all wrong. They'll make an internal battery that can't be changed, a disc drive that can't be upgraded, and probably start off by limiting the system RAM and HDD space so they can release very small, incremental upgrades every year.

I certainly see a market for this with professionals, however. Apple is very good at making high-quality touchscreens. If this comes with a stylus it could revolutionize the world of art, and despite my general disgust with Apple the company, I would certainly buy it if it allowed me to sketch away while sitting on my couch at home -- touch an icon to flip to a fresh blank page or add a new color layer... Hell yeah that would ******' rock.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

This looks just like something that I would want. Pretty classy! Can't wait for its release! I will just have to buy one.... LOL

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Tablet is 10" ...no thanks I already have 10" to play with

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This thing better have regular wireless and not pay for at&t service. That the only time I wouldn't buy it At&t sucks there the most unreasonable company I have ever dealt with in my life. So I switched to sprint and guess what I get unlimited calling and texts for 99$ or less a month YAY!!! I am getting ready to buy this Mactouch. I think its about time they release this I don't see why they wouldn't they already know most people are waiting for it in there product lineup. I'm going to be waiting in line when this comes out for sure cant wait for the specs and the announcement.

The things I'm hoping for this product to have ; Full OS Snow Leopard,NVIDIA GeForce 9400M,Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless,Built-in Bluetooth 2.1,Built-in iSight camera,Built-in 7+hours of battery,250GB hard drive or more,SD card slot,4GB+ Memory,Intel Core 2 Duo and The option to use a stylus pen or finger.
    Last edited by iphonetech122; 10-07-2009 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

can they just announce something already? damn