+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Penetration Increases to 12%; Cohabitation the Norm

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
image via Softpedia According to a recent study , approximately one of every eight households in the US that has a computer has at least one with the Apple logo
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Penetration Increases to 12%; Cohabitation the Norm

image via Softpedia

According to a recent study, approximately one of every eight households in the US that has a computer has at least one with the Apple logo on it. That's an increase of about a third from last year. At the same time, the vast majority of those households - about 85 percent - also have a Windows box.

According to the 2009 Household Penetration study done by the NPD Group, 66 percent of these Apple-owning households have three or more computers. Only 29% of Windows only households had so many computers. 72 percent of the Apple households had at least one laptop, as opposed to only 50 percent of Windows households.

Apple owners also more likely to have iPods (63%) than Windows owners (36%), and are above the norm in terms of owning all types of consumer electronics gear. 50% of them have some kind of GPS/navigation system compared to 30% of Windows users.
    Last edited by Paul Daniel Ash; 10-05-2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: add link to press release

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Apple is growing a lot, one day it will take over pc, and be the leader on computer sales

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Apple can penetrate me anytime... mmmm. Wait... oops... did I just type that out loud?.... Damn it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

eZStaR (10-05-2009), mdc929 (10-06-2009), SirTimothy1 (10-05-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't mind apple gaining some ground, I just wish they would cut out their marketing department. I'm so tired of Apple resorting you mudslinging and straight out lying to get their sales.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

It's sweet that Apple is growing more popular, but at the same time I kind of like it that they're small and not huge like Windows and that not a ton of people use them. I've had a lot more friends and co-workers ask me about Macs and how good they are recently, so I can definitely see more people taking an interest in them.

Green Apple
    Thanks

They never ask me I own 3 Desktop running windows 2 Laptop one windows and one apple, now if apple have that sweet touch screen table by december that will be my main computer and a early christmas gift for me lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Apple can penetrate me anytime... mmmm. Wait... oops... did I just type that out loud?.... Damn it!
    Listen up buddy..Apple, penetrate and "me" should NEVER be said in the same sentence ever again..UNDERSTOOD?

Thanks

penetration wars going on here... give it 10 years and there will be no more mac or pc. its just gonna be a computer, as the same with sony and microsoft and nintendo its gonna be a game system but no doubt they will all kick ***!
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple will grow a lot but they will never win over Windows until they cut costs and give better support.

Also this household thing is obviously true because people who own macs usually tend to be rich and buy a bunch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    Apple will grow a lot but they will never win over Windows until they cut costs and give better support.

Also this household thing is obviously true because people who own macs usually tend to be rich and buy a bunch.
    Support, how exactly?
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

wow porbly the funniest thing i ever read on this site
    imagine 1 day where windows dont get virus because hackers think no 1 uses them like apple now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    +thanks

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

Thanks

I think a ton more people would have a mac, if they knew about them. That ol' Microsoft........ taking over the market and deceiving people into thinking that they are their only option..... when will some of those pc-goers learn that there are other options

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petterloco1 View Post
    Apple is growing a lot, one day it will take over pc, and be the leader on computer sales
    This will never happen until Apple completely opens up and allows their OS to be installed on any x86/x64 based system, until then Apple will always be behind as it lacks support from computer enthusiasts (you know, the ones who care a whole lot about the innards of a PC, instead of O MY A WHITE PLASTIC CASE<3) and computer gaming will always follow the computer enthusiasts, which in turn sways a great deal of market-share

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

How about offering their subpar computers at subpar prices? For what Apple wants for their cream of the crop I can build 2 Windows boxes that perform better.

They have to be competitive in pricing and get their products on more shelves than just Bestbuy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Long Live Apple!
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plcrules View Post
    wow porbly the funniest thing i ever read on this site
    imagine 1 day where windows dont get virus because hackers think no 1 uses them like apple now
    I think maybe Apple gave me a virus when they penetrated me... does anyone have penicillin? ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks
    Thanked 9,516 Times in 5,842 Posts

Just makes me giddy and tingly when I read the thread tittle. ohhh baby.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

modmyi. previously, modmyifone. and before that, modmyiphone.

WHERE THE HELL IS THERE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE COMPUTER WARS!

I'm tired of this site's staff spreading this fanboy news crap. If I want news on Apple, I'll check out AN APPLE FAN-BOY site.

If I want IPHONE RELATED NEWS I CHECK HERE.
    iPhone 4- I'll start theming again

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agent005 View Post
    modmyi. previously, modmyifone. and before that, modmyiphone.

WHERE THE HELL IS THERE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE COMPUTER WARS!

I'm tired of this site's staff spreading this fanboy news crap. If I want news on Apple, I'll check out AN APPLE FAN-BOY site.

If I want IPHONE RELATED NEWS I CHECK HERE.
    Errrm...if you don't want MAC news stay out of the MAC section There is plenty to keep you occupied in the iPhone section.