Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Penetration Increases to 12%; Cohabitation the Norm

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by agent005 View Post
    modmyi. previously, modmyifone. and before that, modmyiphone.

WHERE THE HELL IS THERE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE COMPUTER WARS!

I'm tired of this site's staff spreading this fanboy news crap. If I want news on Apple, I'll check out AN APPLE FAN-BOY site.

If I want IPHONE RELATED NEWS I CHECK HERE.
    This site has evolved from an iPhone site to an all things Apple site. This was done deliberately so we could be a "one stop shop" for information. And we didn't change the name on a whim... Apple's legal staff forced BOTH name changes. Thank you for your understanding though... yeah..

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

the rest of the world has finally been bitten by the apple bug.
    Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
    - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    How about offering their subpar computers at subpar prices? For what Apple wants for their cream of the crop I can build 2 Windows boxes that perform better.

They have to be competitive in pricing and get their products on more shelves than just Bestbuy.
    That is true, but things like that are what make their products exclusive, its a luxury that not anyone knows about and not anyone gets...kind of something to make you stand out...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    This will never happen until Apple completely opens up and allows their OS to be installed on any x86/x64 based system, until then Apple will always be behind as it lacks support from computer enthusiasts (you know, the ones who care a whole lot about the innards of a PC, instead of O MY A WHITE PLASTIC CASE<3) and computer gaming will always follow the computer enthusiasts, which in turn sways a great deal of market-share
    lol plastic

How about offering their subpar computers at subpar prices? For what Apple wants for their cream of the crop I can build 2 Windows boxes that perform better.

They have to be competitive in pricing and get their products on more shelves than just Bestbuy.
    This argument, again. Seeing as modern operating systems can run well across a broad spectrum of specifications, and that you as a human being can use only ONE COMPUTER AT A TIME, and that it's your money and not ours/vice versa, why at the end of the day, would you or I even bother to cream ourselves over the specs of someone else's computer nowadays? Unless you and I were compensating for the performance of other things

Quote Originally Posted by agent005 View Post
    modmyi. previously, modmyifone. and before that, modmyiphone.

WHERE THE HELL IS THERE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE COMPUTER WARS!

I'm tired of this site's staff spreading this fanboy news crap. If I want news on Apple, I'll check out AN APPLE FAN-BOY site.

If I want IPHONE RELATED NEWS I CHECK HERE.
    Get un-tired and learn to click the iPhone tab for iPhone news, or just type a different URL into the address bar. Either way, stop complaining.
    Last edited by dale1v; 10-06-2009 at 01:20 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post

This argument, again. Seeing as modern operating systems can run well across a broad spectrum of specifications, and that you as a human being can use only ONE COMPUTER AT A TIME, and that it's your money and not ours/vice versa, why at the end of the day, would you or I even bother to cream ourselves over the specs of someone else's computer nowadays? Unless you and I were compensating for the performance of other things
    You are missing the point. If Joe Citizen walks into a store and sees an Apple laptop/desktop priced at $1000 and next to it sits a PC for less with better specs what choice is going to be made?

I am not going to run a POS computer and I am not going to pay $2500 for one either. PC wins every time. Apple needs to change this.

Thanks

You are missing the point. If Joe Citizen walks into a store and sees an Apple laptop/desktop priced at $1000 and next to it sits a PC for less with better specs what choice is going to be made?

I am not going to run a POS computer and I am not going to pay $2500 for one either. PC wins every time. Apple needs to change this.
    How are they POS when several independent reviewers give them several positive reviews though?

Are you saying they're POS because you've used several and they all break down in your hands, or are you just repeating fallacies?
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    How are they POS when several independent reviewers give them several positive reviews though?

Are you saying they're POS because you've used several and they all break down in your hands, or are you just repeating fallacies?
    Heh. I am not talking about any specific computer vendor in regards to them being POS's. Bottom line is performance. I multi-task which means I need a beefed up engine underneath the hood...which is cheaper by going the PC route. FAR cheaper.

Which part of Apple being too expensive to keep them mainstream is hard to understand? Why are they so expensive anyways?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Apple can penetrate me anytime... mmmm. Wait... oops... did I just type that out loud?.... Damn it!
    i actually laughed out loud in my 8:30 class
    luckily my teacher was making another corny joke
    worked out in my favor

anyways this story is a wakeup call:
    i need stock!

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

I want penetration! Damn bank account...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

Heh. I am not talking about any specific computer vendor in regards to them being POS's. Bottom line is performance. I multi-task which means I need a beefed up engine underneath the hood...which is cheaper by going the PC route. FAR cheaper.
    Well then our bottom lines are different. Out of a group of friends, my home PC (2GB ram, 2x 2.00GHz is the weakest of the bunch- but at the end of the day I couldn't care less about my specs compared to theirs because I can still play all of the games that they do (and beat them down). Multitasking is so painfully obvious and widely used that it doesn't need to be mentioned now...

Which part of Apple being too expensive to keep them mainstream is hard to understand? Why are they so expensive anyways?
    I didn't say anything about market share in my previous posts. To the other part, I read some time ago that the profit margins on their computers (namely the mac mini) have decreased. Considering prices of some of their computers have stayed more or less the same, one can only assume that Apple's computers cost more to manufacture and this cost would be passed down to the consumer in the form of higher prices than that of a PC vendor.
    Last edited by dale1v; 10-06-2009 at 07:50 AM.
    [/RIGHT]

we own 4 laptops an one desktop: 3 pcs, two macs. i much prefer the macs.

Thanks

u can put OSX on any device as long as u dont sell it its not illegal
    build ur own comp and put snow leopard on it and boot camp windows

Crap. Now non-Mac users have only 88%. They should be afraid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12