+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another Bizarre Legal Battle to Distract Apple

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Just another company trying to get some cash out of Apple. A logo resemblance, not even close. This is a prime example of yet another nonsense case..... Unfortunately when you
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default More Crap For Apple........
    Just another company trying to get some cash out of Apple. A logo resemblance, not even close. This is a prime example of yet another nonsense case..... Unfortunately when you are one of the most recognizable companies in the world, this is what you have to put up with.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TC316 View Post
    Just another company trying to get some cash out of Apple. A logo resemblance, not even close. This is a prime example of yet another nonsense case..... Unfortunately when you are one of the most recognizable companies in the world, this is what you have to put up with.
    just wondering..... did you even read the article??? im going to go with no....
    Last edited by Tunerfreak; 10-05-2009 at 08:15 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

you suck at reading...
    Really?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I've said it many times before. Apple has forgotten their beginnings and continues to stick it to the very people they will need in the future. Monopolies/good times don't last forever.

Thanks

ok
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

szr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoNova View Post
    Wow that's dumb. That looks more like a green pumpkin than an apple.

Gimme a friggin break.

Matt
    Agreed; I have a little garden, with some pumpkins, two of which were green and have just started turning yellowish-orange just a couple days ago, and that logo does remind me very much of them.

I honestly don't know why Apple is doing this, there is no logic to it. This is not what IP/Copyright law is about; it's not about preventing anyone from making something that even remotely remembles what you have.

To me, this appears to be yet another sign that Apple as a whole is growing more and more out of control, of which it seems it wants more and more of. They want to control how we use the iphone, how we use their OS, etc, and completely forget that it was the complete lack of blind conformity that gave birth to Apple, and subsequently, the Mac.

I've heard plenty of arguements over the years that some companies shouldn't be allowed to gow too large (after all, isn't this the purpose of anti-trust laws?), and I feel forced to wonder if Apple hasn't reached that point - to big for their own good?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to szr For This Useful Post:

swampzy (10-05-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoNova View Post
    Wow that's dumb. That looks more like a green pumpkin than an apple.

Gimme a friggin break.

Matt
    Pretty much what I was thinking.. I thought it was a battle of some product rights, etc when I first read the article headline. Didn't even put the two logos in same frame until I read the piece. Not even close.

Apple, give us a break!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Wow
    Grow up applee!
    Last edited by Dipial; 10-05-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Screw Apple. So we gotta bow down to these idiots? F**k them. My landscaping company uses a green apple with a bite out of it. So what, they now have to change? Why not litigate against God for pete's sake. These guys are bastards.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

The legal department at Apple is so damn ridiculous...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    Really? They're gonna sue those guys, but not these guys?

lol that's funny, but that logo looks too cheap! it has no competition. But seriously? a food company? c'mon apple! lets concentrate on making better products and giving us loyal customers what we want. not suing ppl over nonsense. a food company...geez

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tc316 View Post
    just another company trying to get some cash out of apple. A logo resemblance, not even close. This is a prime example of yet another nonsense case..... Unfortunately when you are one of the most recognizable companies in the world, this is what you have to put up with.
    fail.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nothing new here. The same kind of thing happened in 08
    New York facing pressure from Apple over green logo

Apple Claims Canadian School’s Logo Infringes on Apple’s Trademark

And, ironically, Apple was the target of such copyright infringement lawsuit a few years back.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Corps"]From wiki[/ame]

In 1978, Apple Records filed suit against Apple Computer (now Apple Inc.) for trademark infringement. The suit was settled in 1981 with the payment of $80,000 to Apple Corps. As a condition of the settlement, Apple Computer agreed to stay out of the music business. A dispute subsequently arose in 1989 when Apple Corps sued, alleging that Apple Computer's machines' ability to play back MIDI music was a violation of the 1981 settlement agreement. In 1991 another settlement, of around $26.5 million, was reached.[17][18] In September 2003 Apple Computer was again sued by Apple Corps, this time for introducing the iTunes Music Store and the iPod, which Apple Corps asserted was a violation of Apple's agreement not to distribute music.[19] The trial opened on March 29, 2006 in the UK[20] and, in a judgment issued on May 8, 2006, Apple Corps lost the case.[21][22][23]

On 5 February 2007, Apple Inc. and Apple Corps announced a settlement of their trademark dispute under which Apple Inc. will own all of the trademarks related to “Apple” (including all designs of the famed 'Granny Smith' Apple Corps Ltd. logos[3]) and will license certain of those trademarks back to Apple Corps for their continued use. The settlement ends the ongoing trademark lawsuit between the companies, with each party bearing its own legal costs, and Apple Inc. will continue using its name and logos on iTunes. The settlement includes terms that are confidential.[24][25]

The website for Harmonix's The Beatles: Rock Band is notable as the first tangible evidence of the Apple, Inc./Apple Corps Ltd. settlement: 'Apple Corps' is prominently referred to throughout, and the 'Granny Smith' Apple logo appears but the text beneath the logo now reads 'Apple Corps' rather than the previous 'Apple'. The website's acknowledgements specifically state that, "'Apple’ and the ‘Apple logo’ are exclusively licensed to Apple Corps Ltd.".
    Last edited by magicalpig; 10-05-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I, for one, am truly happy they're going to great lengths to clear this up. I clicked on the big green apple logo, landed on a web page, and sure enough this duplicitous evil-doing grocery store tried to sell me little round candies called M&Ms, knowing full well that what I really wanted was white-boy rap music.

Thanks

WoW TC316. L2Read dude. Your comment is just as funny as this article.

"Apple is concerned that the retailer will begin using the logo on electronic goods and other technologies."
    Is this really what they said? Does Apple really think Woolworths is gonna go from selling fruits and vegies one day to selling phones and computers the next day?

Ok after reading magicalpig's post. I think I know why Apple is doing this. Apple is planning to go into the grocery business. So they want to take care of this logo deal before they start selling chips and dips in iTunes and setting up a genius bar next to the freezer section.
    Last edited by knguyen; 10-05-2009 at 01:08 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this seriously make me question my posession of an iPhone right now. If apple as a "user experience" based company can stoop this low, then they can take their over priced pieces of aluminum garbage, and shove it up steve jobs ***. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart. This is ridiculous!! and no stupid apple fanboy can argue with it. I love my iPhone, but i dont know if I as a consumer can support this type of capitalism. No sir.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This is not what it appears to be... Woolworths registered a new trade mark and Apple is required to defend their own. That's the way it works in Australia. There is no lawsuit. Any companies that have similar trade marks are allowed to object during a waiting period

iPhone? More like MyPhone treble26's Avatar
    Thanks

YO DUDE!! you should learn how to read the article properly. you got your whole story all wrong!! how old are you btw? 7?? you failed miserably at try to write a good comment. next time when you read an article, read it properly and read other comments to see what other peoples thoughts are about the subject. FAIL!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jomo25 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tc316
    just another company trying to get some cash out of apple. A logo resemblance, not even close. This is a prime example of yet another nonsense case..... Unfortunately when you are one of the most recognizable companies in the world, this is what you have to put up with.
    fail.
    Epic.

Thanks

It doesn't even have a bite on it..>.< this is just...Saaaaad