+ Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Win7's Student Price? $29. Hmmm...

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by Rota My $180 Asus eeePC 900A has a mutitouch pad that has all the same features. Looks like I just found my next computer to put Kalyway
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    My $180 Asus eeePC 900A has a mutitouch pad that has all the same features.

Looks like I just found my next computer to put Kalyway on. Thank you Rota.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

will you be able to install it onto macs??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Where exactly did I say anything about viruses? I am using the same argument that you are using for win7. I think that alot of mac bashers can't afford a mac or do not want to spend the money on one therefore have never really tried a mac. If you are using a hackintosh then you have never really tried a real mac and can not speak intelligently about the subject.

I do agree with you about "Macs = security through obscurity". But I am not sure what you mean by "If you really know what you're doing you don't get a Mac". What complex things are you doing that requires so much knowledge?
    Not saying YOU said anything about viruses. I was just continuing my rant...yes I felt much better after that.

And yes, I've used a "real" Mac. What am I missing with my "hackintosh"? The stupid keyboard? The annoyingly small mouse? Is it the sub par monitor? I doubt yours has an IPS panel like mine, you're probably sporting a cheap TN panel (if it is an Apple IPS panel you paid big $$$$ I'm sure). Have you ever used a well built hackintosh? PLEASE let me know what I'm missing, I'm dying to know. It runs flawlessly.

And you still never said what your Mac can do that my Windows 7 machine can't do.

Thanks

I think the Mac vs. PC talk needs to end.
    It ALWAYS leads into an argument.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    Not saying YOU said anything about viruses. I was just continuing my rant...yes I felt much better after that.

And yes, I've used a "real" Mac. What am I missing with my "hackintosh"? The stupid keyboard? The annoyingly small mouse? Is it the sub par monitor? I doubt yours has an IPS panel like mine, you're probably sporting a cheap TN panel (if it is an Apple IPS panel you paid big $$$$ I'm sure). Have you ever used a well built hackintosh? PLEASE let me know what I'm missing, I'm dying to know. It runs flawlessly.

And you still never said what your Mac can do that my Windows 7 machine can't do.

I have never had to built a hackintosh. When Apple releases a new MacBook Pro, I go to the Apple Store and slam down the cash. I don't know why you guys think that I give a crap what you all can and can not do. All I said was that I really enjoy my mac and I would never go back to windows. So enjoy your windows machine and I will have fun with my mac. kthxbai

Thanks

I have never had to built a hackintosh. When Apple releases a new MacBook Pro, I go to the Apple Store and slam down the cash. I don't know why you guys think that I give a crap what you all can and can not do. All I said was that I really enjoy my mac and I would never go back to windows. So enjoy your windows machine and I will have fun with my mac. kthxbai
    I wasn't bragging about my computer knowledge...I was actually trying to delve into your vast knowledge on why a hackintosh doesn't give me the true "Mac Experience".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    I wasn't bragging about my computer knowledge...I was actually trying to delve into your vast knowledge on why a hackintosh doesn't give me the true "Mac Experience".
    Same way if you were to load the iPhone OS onto a G1 wouldn't give you the "iPhone Experience". Wow, is that really that hard to get?

Thanks

I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

iPhone? More like MyPhone mudslag's Avatar
    Thanks

how many copies are you allowed to buy?

Thanks

Same way if you were to load the iPhone OS onto a G1 wouldn't give you the "iPhone Experience". Wow, is that really that hard to get? :
    Well I agree that the iPhone OS on a G1 would blow because the touch screen on a G1 sucks. I'm talking about a Mac desktop vs. a hackintosh desktop. The input devices on a Mac (i.e. keyboard and mouse) don't give you an "amazing Mac experience" IMO. At least I hope that's not what blows up the skirt of Mac users. The way OS X operates on a Mac and my hackintosh is exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslag View Post
    how many copies are you allowed to buy?
    One per email/billing address.
    Last edited by ggab; 09-18-2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

ok bro. Have fun with your machine

Thanks

Same way if you were to load the iPhone OS onto a G1 wouldn't give you the "iPhone Experience". Wow, is that really that hard to get? :
    I don't see how that comparison is valid: 99% of the iPhone experience is based in its multi-touch screen and the hardware is drastically different. In addition, I used a hackintosh before (I'm not sure if you have), but hackintosh is pretty much like a Mac. However, like I said earlier, that experience varies depending on hardware. It was my friends one too. Also, it can be a lot of trouble depending on what hardware you have. I wouldn't do it since I have a Mac already, but it is a decent alternative for people who don't want to buy a Mac.
    Last edited by y0ungSir; 09-18-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks

I think I read somewhere that the G1's screen is actually capable of multitouch.. it just doesn't have it...
    Idk... was a while ago.

Thanks

I just think its more than just the OS that makes me love my MBP. If you guys disagree fine. Enjoy your windows machines and your hackintoshs

Thanks

Posting a Win 7 post on an Apple forum is not a good idea

LOL. No I get to argue with him
    The legality of posting customized ipsws is very questionable.
    I know I don't allow it on the Dev team's blog...
    but then again this isn't my site to rule over...
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 09-18-2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    i just ordered my my win7 copy another month till released i'm going to upgrade my leopard next how is the snow leopard?

Thanks

There is no question that it is warez. Thats why the dev team does not allow it either. It has always been against site rules to post custom firmwares. BTW ggab I gave out several infractions in that thread for posting custom firmwares. I just saw yours and smiled

Thanks

^ I don't see the big deal: I'm a MBP owner who loves Windows. However, I got mine for free as a gift without prior knowledge. I probably would have bought a Windows computer if I didn't get the Mac.

EDIT: @Angie

Thanks

^trade ya

Well perhaps he just came across it recently?

The ipsw file is copyrighted by apple, therefore it is illegal to redistribute.
    Last edited by angiepangie; 09-18-2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

@ggab take it to a PM or you will get another infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    ^trade ya

Well perhaps he just came across it recently?

The ipsw file is copyrighted by apple, therefore it is illegal to redistribute.

+1

Someone linked to that thread from another thread and I noticed all the custom firmware links
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 09-18-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost