+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Win7's Student Price? $29. Hmmm...

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by y0ungSir He's saying people who know how to avoid virus and not do stupid things "know what they're doing." It's not really anything complex per say, but
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by y0ungSir View Post
    He's saying people who know how to avoid virus and not do stupid things "know what they're doing." It's not really anything complex per say, but anything a Mac can do a PC can do at half the price. So, in actuality, people who understand how to do those things don't need a PC. In addition, I own a Mac computer, with Vista on it of course, and hackintosh is pretty much the same thing. However, the experience could depend on the hardware.

EDIT: Also, I want to make clear that I got my Macbook Pro as a gift for college without my knowledge. I did ask for a Mac.

The mac hardware is a huge part of the mac experience tho. The new multi touch pad on the MBPs are simply amazing.

Thanks

Stealth.. show me I'm wrong and buy me a MBP
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    The mac hardware is a huge part of the mac experience tho. The new multi touch pad on the MBPs are simply amazing.
    So, basically you pay an extra $1000+ just for a multi touch pad? Stealth, you don't happen to be one of those guys that pays $400+ for jeans just because of the brand?
    Last edited by panzival; 09-18-2009 at 06:21 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Can't you think of your own arguments rather than just spouting off the standard fanboy crap?

What you Mac users don't understand is that Windows users are not jealous of Macs. We see them for what they are, shiny toys that hipster college kids want to use to fit in with their hipster friends. We can build a computer with double the performance for half the price, why would we want anything else?
    Love it! you told him to come up with his own argument rather than just spouting off the standard fanboy crap....then you followed up with the standard windoze fanboy line of BS......you're brilliant....meanwhile you're rockin' an APPLE iPhone rather than winmo 6.5 (the worst mobile OS EVER)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,529 Times in 5,848 Posts

I remember having to eat ramen noodles and .99 cheeseburgers in college
    I still eat Ramen Noodles and $.99 cheeseburgers.

I have been running windows 7 for a while also and think it was a huge leap. Love it. Have friends that try to convince me that I should buy a Mac, but for me it just works. I'm staying where I'm at for now.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 09-18-2009 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by panzival View Post
    So, basically you pay an extra $1000+ just for a multi touch pad? Stealth, you don't happen to be one of those guys that pays $400+ for jeans just because of the brand?

Maybe I am an idiot but $2,000 for a good computer is not that much money. And while you look at something like a multi touch pad as trivial, it is something I use 12+ hours a day and is extremely helpful in my business. My purchasing of apple products has nothing to do with the brand as much as I find that they work really well.

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    Stealth.. show me I'm wrong and buy me a MBP
    LMAO. You are going to have to suffer with your Dell like every other kid
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 09-18-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I have an HP silly. Better than the crappy dell laptops
    Anybody in college want to help me buy Win 7? I'll pay them back, promise

P.s. I love ramen
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

What's Jailbreak? luigimaster24's Avatar
    Thanks

Question when can I buy
    Forgive me if I am misinformed... But I thought Windows7 wasn't going to be released until October 22nd. Can I get a copy of Windows 7 at student discount now??

I run Snow Leopard and XP pro using VMWARE , but I'll prolly just get rid of XP and get this windows 7 on there now that I am aware of this discount

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The multi-touch pad is okay, but it isn't that great. I like it for photo viewing, iTunes,etc, but it is not a needed feature. It does make things easier, though. However, I would like if the Mac had REAL multi-touch like my iPhone, though.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    All this Mac and PC talk is making me want ramen noodles and a cheeseburger!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
    Love it! you told him to come up with his own argument rather than just spouting off the standard fanboy crap....then you followed up with the standard windoze fanboy line of BS......you're brilliant....meanwhile you're rockin' an APPLE iPhone rather than winmo 6.5 (the worst mobile OS EVER)
    That's a very ignorant response. Just because he prefers to use an iPhone/iPod over a windows phone, you're trying to imply something about him? I know people who hate all MS products, but they love the 360 and vice versa. People have different tastes for different devices. I have a MBP, but I have Vista on it. I agree that his response was heavily bias and a little ignorant, but your response is just as bad as his. Good God people, it's just an OS. Mac's are PC's too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by y0ungSir View Post
    The multi-touch pad is okay, but it isn't that great. I like it for photo viewing, iTunes,etc, but it is not a needed feature. It does make things easier, though. However, I would like if the Mac had REAL multi-touch like my iPhone, though.
    Yea it would be great if it was more like the iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luigimaster24 View Post
    Forgive me if I am misinformed... But I thought Windows7 wasn't going to be released until October 22nd. Can I get a copy of Windows 7 at student discount now??

I run Snow Leopard and XP pro using VMWARE , but I'll prolly just get rid of XP and get this windows 7 on there now that I am aware of this discount
    I can get you Win7 retail for $20 ($10 cheaper through my spare MSDN sub)

>Love it! you told him to come up with his own argument rather than just spouting off the standard fanboy crap....then you followed up with the standard windoze fanboy line of BS......you're brilliant....meanwhile you're rockin' an APPLE iPhone rather than winmo 6.5 (the worst mobile OS EVER)

The difference is that when it comes to Windows its not BS the hardware is better and it is cheaper especially when you can look for deals on the Hardware you want. Windows hasn't ever had any major problems with stability for me but its obvious that its going to cause some problems with some people since its an Open OS. Since we aren't all forced to be equal ( Apple are communist ... this would work about ten years ago) there are going to be problems with some brands of tech but its usually ironed out pretty quick.

I despise Apple but when it comes to MP3 players and now the iPhone I love Apple and while I would use Windows any day no matter what since I hate Mac I would never use a Zune as they are now because Zunes are Junk (... and so is Mac)

Its really dumb though no one here is going to change their minds it doesn't matter how much proof that windows is better Mac fans wont change their minds and it doesn't matter how much Mac fans talk about how Macs are better without listing a single feature that makes them better it wont change Windows fans (ya see what a did there :P)
    Last edited by riku98523; 09-18-2009 at 07:11 PM.

Thanks

if i buy a new copy of windows 7, could i install it on a machine that has an invalid windows xp install? i'd rather install 7 then getting a genuine xp key.
    iPhone 4 / 4.3.1 / redsn0w

Thanks

I just want someone to help me buy a discounted win 7
    I'm starting to get tired of Vista.

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes you can format and install Win7 on the PC. MSDN subscribers have had Win7 Retail for a while and its been leaked (find it yourself) but if you want a key you will have to use a crack (I don't believe in cracks on OS's) or find an MSDN subscriber ... cough

Thanks

I don't believe in cracks either.

Thanks

I believe in cracks, they're real! Just like Santa!

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

dont think ill take the windows plunge again.
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    My $180 Asus eeePC 900A has a mutitouch pad that has all the same features.

Fact doesn't equal opinions. Pull your head out of your *** and open your eyes. You CAN build a PC with twice the performance for half the price. It's not fanboy anything, it simply is true.

I am so happy for you. I am sure you are happy with your setup.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 09-18-2009 at 08:17 PM.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)