+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Win7's Student Price? $29. Hmmm...

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
^^+5 And I do have a Mac. Here's essentially what I can do with it- download iTunes, have Apple yell at me everytime I refuse to restore, click and drag.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^^+5

And I do have a Mac. Here's essentially what I can do with it- download iTunes, have Apple yell at me everytime I refuse to restore, click and drag.

Total cost of my iMac- $1,700, to see if the rumors about it being better with graphics was true.

I wish I had my $1,700 and built myself a kick *** PC setup. Anyone wanna but an iMac?
    iPhone 4- I'll start theming again

iPhone? More like MyPhone elr0y7's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice, I qualified for it, too bad I'm too broke to buy it right now.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Who would have thought that this thread would have turned into a PC vs. Mac thread?!

I do find it surprising to find so many Mac haters on an Apple/Mac/iPhone forum.

Thanks

^They aren't really hating. The Mac users bashed Windows after (since) the first post, and someone can use a Mac/iPhone/iPod and still like Windows. I just think it was fair to bash MS for their price point/OS. Remember Mac is still a PC: it can run Windows.

@Don'tBeJealous
    Last edited by y0ungSir; 09-18-2009 at 04:43 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets just close the thread now! Obviously nothing good is going to come of this biased author. He should be jailed for inciting a riot.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeah I like and use everything. I have PCs, a Mac an iPhone and an XBOX. I think my iPhone and XBOX would be the 2 things I run into a burning house to rescue. After my family of course!

Green Apple
    Thanks

i already had win7 on my desktop a long time ago and im lovin it, i get a free upgrade to win7 for my laptop thanks to Toshiba. If i wasnt already good with what i have(am getting) i'd so take up this offer! I saw this long ago when microsoft announced it on facebook

Thanks

Cant beat this deal...been waiting for Windows 7...wanted the full version but for 29 I'll take the upgrade.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by y0ungSir View Post
    ^They aren't really hating. The Mac users bashed Windows after (since) the first post, and someone can use a Mac/iPhone/iPod and still like Windows. I just think it was fair to bash MS for their price point/OS. Remember Mac is still a PC: it can run Windows.

@Don'tBeJealous
    I don't recall bashing Windows users in the first post, I said they couldn't pay me to run windows. I was a windows user til last year and I did my fair share of Mac bashing out of pure ignorance. The only advantages I can see for Windows machines is for gaming and that they are cheap. I do all my gaming on my PS3 and I don't care to go cheap route on gadgets and electronics. My buddy is running win7 right now and while he seems to be happy with it, when I tried it out I didn't see anything that would even make me want to consider switching back. Sorry I hurt your feelings

10. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

kainisable (09-18-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I don't recall bashing Windows users in the first post, I said they couldn't pay me to run windows. I was a windows user til last year and I did my fair share of Mac bashing out of pure ignorance. The only advantages I can see for Windows machines is for gaming and that they are cheap. I do all my gaming on my PS3 and I don't care to go cheap route on gadgets and electronics. My buddy is running win7 right now and while he seems to be happy with it, when I tried it out I didn't see anything that would even make me want to consider switching back. Sorry I hurt your feelings
    Thats actually how it was for me. I mostly gamed on my PC and now that I play mostly on my XBOX I dont really use my PC anymore. I got tired of buying $400 video cards to keep up with the new games. You dont have to worry about that with console gaming. I use my Mac for everything else.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DontBeJealous View Post
    Thats actually how it was for me. I mostly gamed on my PC and now that I play mostly on my XBOX I dont really use my PC anymore. I got tired of buying $400 video cards to keep up with the new games. You dont have to worry about that with console gaming. I use my Mac for everything else.
    The windows users are saying that mac users just want a simple os that can't do anything. Besides the gaming what complex things are windows users doing on a daily basis?

Thanks

I might need one...but I still prefer XP over Vista.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

one day when you can afford a mac, you will change your mind

I remember having to eat ramen noodles and .99 cheeseburgers in college
    It's that stupid stuck up mentality that makes me want to punch Mac users square in the face. How cocky can you be to act like just because you paid way too much for something that it's better? Macs are so overpriced for what you get it's ridiculous. OH BUT IT'S SO EXPENSIVE it must be awesome right? Let me guess, you buy Monster Cable for your stereo? Or Bose speakers? They're expensive so they're the best right?

Macs = security through obscurity. Snow Leopard is the first Mac OS that is trying to be secure. And I love how Mac Heads say that viruses just don't exist on Macs...then why the hell is an AntiVirus INCLUDED in Snow Leopard? If I was going to write viruses, I sure wouldn't target Macs, I'd want more bang for the buck.

I built me a Core2Duo vanilla "hackintosh" with 4GB of RAM and an 8800GT (QE and CL support) for CHEAP. I hate to call it a hackintosh because I it's got an unpatched kernel, it's completely retail. I did this because I wanted to see what the buzz about Macs was all about. I honestly don't see it. What can you do in a Mac that you can't do in a Windows machine? My wife is all pissed because I spent money and time on building it and I never use it!

Macs are like the AOL of the internet. They try to bundle everything together for the stupid computer users. If you really know what you're doing you don't get a Mac (well I guess you do if you want inferior hardware and pay a ton for it because it LOOKS COOL!).

And for those that rag on Windows 7, I bet most of them have never used it. Even the RC version was rock solid. And I love how the author of this post is so unbelievably cocky that he thinks Microsoft is doing this just because of Snow Leopard. MICROSOFT DOES THIS FOR ALL OPERATING SYSTEMS. They give discounts to students! It's something they've always done. Let me guess, them selling Office to students is also a response to Mac? Give me a break.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    It's that stupid stuck up mentality that makes me want to punch Mac users square in the face. How cocky can you be to act like just because you paid way too much for something that it's better? Macs are so overpriced for what you get it's ridiculous. OH BUT IT'S SO EXPENSIVE it must be awesome right? Let me guess, you buy Monster Cable for your stereo? Or Bose speakers? They're expensive so they're the best right?

Macs = security through obscurity. Snow Leopard is the first Mac OS that is trying to be secure. And I love how Mac Heads say that viruses just don't exist on Macs...then why the hell is an AntiVirus INCLUDED in Snow Leopard? If I was going to write viruses, I sure wouldn't target Macs, I'd want more bang for the buck.

I built me a Core2Duo vanilla "hackintosh" with 4GB of RAM and an 8800GT (QE and CL support) for CHEAP. I hate to call it a hackintosh because I it's got an unpatched kernel, it's completely retail. I did this because I wanted to see what the buzz about Macs was all about. I honestly don't see it. What can you do in a Mac that you can't do in a Windows machine? My wife is all pissed because I spent money and time on building it and I never use it!

Macs are like the AOL of the internet. They try to bundle everything together for the stupid computer users. If you really know what you're doing you don't get a Mac (well I guess you do if you want inferior hardware and pay a ton for it because it LOOKS COOL!).

And for those that rag on Windows 7, I bet most of them have never used it. Even the RC version was rock solid. And I love how the author of this post is so unbelievably cocky that he thinks Microsoft is doing this just because of Snow Leopard. MICROSOFT DOES THIS FOR ALL OPERATING SYSTEMS. They give discounts to students! It's something they've always done. Let me guess, them selling Office to students is also a response to Mac? Give me a break.
    Where exactly did I say anything about viruses? I am using the same argument that you are using for win7. I think that alot of mac bashers can't afford a mac or do not want to spend the money on one therefore have never really tried a mac. If you are using a hackintosh then you have never really tried a real mac and can not speak intelligently about the subject.

I do agree with you about "Macs = security through obscurity". But I am not sure what you mean by "If you really know what you're doing you don't get a Mac". What complex things are you doing that requires so much knowledge?

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

hey i think its good they make it cheap, cuz now apple has a little bit of competition; and they will both possibly get cheaper later in the future, also cuz i don't have a mac lol , i plan on getting one but not quite just yet, as i dont have 3k to use on a computer. I'll be cheap for now and go with a pc and save a few thousand.
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

Green Apple
    Thanks
    What complex things are you doing that requires so much knowledge?
    Spyware removel, virus removal, restoring/repairing windows, disk defregmenting, fixing driver issues, trying to figure out why your computing freezes/crashes etc. I'm being completely serious. I have been doing those things for YEARS! People still bring me their PCs to do the above and I just *sigh* and say I'm retired.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DontBeJealous View Post
    Spyware removel, virus removal, restoring/repairing windows, disk defregmenting, fixing driver issues, trying to figure out why your computing freezes/crashes etc. I'm being completely serious. I have been doing those things for YEARS! People still bring me their PCs to do the above and I just *sigh* and say I'm retired.
    Yes, and Macs Never have ANY of those problems/sarcasm.

Thanks

There needs to be discounts for highschoolers
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Where exactly did I say anything about viruses? I am using the same argument that you are using for win7. I think that alot of mac bashers can't afford a mac or do not want to spend the money on one therefore have never really tried a mac. If you are using a hackintosh then you have never really tried a real mac and can not speak intelligently about the subject.

I do agree with you about "Macs = security through obscurity". But I am not sure what you mean by "If you really know what you're doing you don't get a Mac". What complex things are you doing that requires so much knowledge?
    He's saying people who know how to avoid virus and not do stupid things "know what they're doing." It's not really anything complex per say, but anything a Mac can do a PC can do at half the price. So, in actuality, people who understand how to do those things don't need a PC. In addition, I own a Mac computer, with Vista on it of course, and hackintosh is pretty much the same thing. However, the experience could depend on the hardware.

EDIT: Also, I want to make clear that I got my Macbook Pro as a gift for college without my knowledge. I did ask for a Mac.

LinkBacks (?)