+ Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Win7's Student Price? $29. Hmmm...

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
What a terrible jab at Windows, OP. Maybe..just maybe...they figured out that broke kids can afford $30? It isn't that far of a leap to figure out that quantity>quality, in
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What a terrible jab at Windows, OP. Maybe..just maybe...they figured out that broke kids can afford $30? It isn't that far of a leap to figure out that quantity>quality, in terms of sale. It's a basic economic lesson. Stop being a Mac fanboy, that's what gives them a terrible name.

Not that the OS doesn't do it itself. It's actually hilarious; I'm a freshman at school, and I look around and see so many Macs + iPod Touches.

And as a computer science major, people know I'm skilled behind a keyboard.

Total count of Mac problems- 17
    Total count of Windows problems- 1; the kid forgot to turn his Wifi switch to 'on'
    iPhone 4- I'll start theming again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reveritt90 View Post
    i wouldnt install windows 7 if you paid me the retail price haha
    I wouldn't use OSx if you gave me the computer

Thanks

I've been using Win7 ever since i was chosen to test drive it, and let me tell you it is much much much better than vista, what it should be called is a "perfected windows xp", with the ultimate version which obviously will not be 29 dollars has an xp mode. I myself cannot stand vista, i was all about xp, but now with this win7 to be release very soon is worth the money.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Nah, I'd ebay the Mac and build two gaming rigs, and have money left over.

Perfectly said.

EDIT:
    Just picked up my 64 bit copy. I'm letting all my friends know to use their school emails and pick up one for themselves to replace Vista on their machines.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    LOL! But you can get all kinds of diseases from a prostitue.
    That is why you would use protection and not be an idiot and be unsafe.

Quote Originally Posted by agent005 View Post
    What a terrible jab at Windows, OP. Maybe..just maybe...they figured out that broke kids can afford $30? It isn't that far of a leap to figure out that quantity>quality, in terms of sale. It's a basic economic lesson. Stop being a Mac fanboy, that's what gives them a terrible name.

Not that the OS doesn't do it itself. It's actually hilarious; I'm a freshman at school, and I look around and see so many Macs + iPod Touches.

And as a computer science major, people know I'm skilled behind a keyboard.

Total count of Mac problems- 17
    Total count of Windows problems- 1; the kid forgot to turn his Wifi switch to 'on'
    Quote Originally Posted by techrider62 View Post
    I wouldn't use OSx if you gave me the computer
    couldn't put it better my self.

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    Windows 7 actually is a very good OS having benchmarks showing IMPROVED performance over XP, an 8 year old OS.
    I would hope the performance would improve over an 8 year old OS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I wouldn't install windows 7 if you paid me $29.99
    you can bet nobody will ask you to.

Windows 7 rocks. Fanboys can keep crying about it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

I already have a legit copy of Windows 7 x64 and its great. I have actually gotten more people a few copies of win7 and they all love it.

Of course pay me retail for a mac and I would buy one (only to sell it since my PC is far Superior /me starts war

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

one day when you can afford a mac, you will change your mind

I remember having to eat ramen noodles and .99 cheeseburgers in college

Thanks

That's not right because an old OS wouldn't know how to utilize and work the new Hardware which would cause a bunch of problems.

You could maybe find workarounds etc. but I'm pretty sure if I took Windows 3.1 and tried to run it with my Core 2 quad it wouldn't be to happy.

>one day when you can afford a mac, you will change your mind

I have a macbook pro (my buddy has like 9 top of the line macs he uses for his graphic design company and he gave me one) and I'm sorry its a POS system not even worth the money. It doesn't have nearly the processing power as my computer and not a single mac on the market would stand up to my new computer I'm currently building (just need to grab another GPU to SLI and I'm done).

I mean what can a mac do that my computer can't do faster (also I'm not a fan of the mac interface in programs like Photoshop I'm sorry I just don't like it at all)
    Last edited by riku98523; 09-18-2009 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikozen View Post
    Yea all in all windows 7 is a major improvement over Vista. And as noted a price of $29.99 is hard to pass up. I just ordered my copy.
    Yes, but comparing 7 to Vista is a bit of a stretch. By today's standard, Vista is the equivelant of C64 facing off against Windows 98. It doesn't function at proper speeds, it lacks compatiblity with several programs, and don't get me started about how it eats through system resources.

Tell me how it compares to the stability and speeds of Win XP on a good desktop and maybe I'll bite.

Thanks

You took this our of context. An 8 year old OS would undoubtedly run extremely fast on today's advanced hardware since it was built to maximize efficiency of the hardware we had 8 years ago. Windows 7 runs even faster than that. It's really an awesome operating system.
    I know I did. I'm actually looking forward to Win 7. They are supposed to upgrade all of our computers at work. I'm tired of XP. They decided to skip Vista thank god!

Thanks

Can't you think of your own arguments rather than just spouting off the standard fanboy crap?

What you Mac users don't understand is that Windows users are not jealous of Macs. We see them for what they are, shiny toys that hipster college kids want to use to fit in with their hipster friends. We can build a computer with double the performance for half the price, why would we want anything else?
    That's a little harsh when you are talking to a cough mod cough lol.

Thanks

Can't you think of your own arguments rather than just spouting off the standard fanboy crap?

We can build a computer with double the performance for half the price, why would we want anything else?
    That's actually a standard Windows fanboy response. You can build whatever you want but you will never have the stability of OSX. I've been there and done that. Hopefully Win 7 will change that.

Thanks
    why buy when theres boot legging lol jkjkj

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I honestly don't see a single reason to buy a Mac. Been using Win7 since RC1 came out and I've only had one BSOD so far. I'd say that's pretty good for something that is basically still in beta. And my PC beats every single iMac configuration in terms of performance by quite a bit and it only cost me $900 (that's including my 24' monitor). And if you aren't a retard then it's pretty hard to get a virus.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    That's actually a standard Windows fanboy response. You can build whatever you want but you will never have the stability of OSX. I've been there and done that. Hopefully Win 7 will change that.
    Stability? How much stability do you need for a desktop OS? It's not like Windows regularly crashes.

Sure, your little Mac that was spoonfed to you will rarely crash. It'll rarely play games either. It'll rarely run 99% of software out there, and a year-old PC will kick it's *** performance-wise.

There's now nothing between Mac and Windows OS, and everyone knows it. Mac has nothing left.
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

I haven't had a BSOD since XP (never had one in vista) and on Win7 (of course I'm using retail not beta) I haven't had any problems.

Thanks

^ I don't even know what BSOD is, lol.

Thanks

^+1

Thanks

I was just making a little joke about the mod thing.

Obviously I agree with most of your argument but while Win7 is a whole new OS in reality most if it could have been set up as a Service Pack to vista and the only real reason for releasing it as Windows 7 and a whole new OS is because of the bad street credit given to vista from mostly mac users. Any day to day person who doesn't know anything about computers would be contempt with Vista since a lot of people only use PCs for web browsing etc.

Now people like us who are enthusiast and have been through vista down to the core we know there are problems are they major not really are they something we should have to put up with of course not Vista was M$ response to Apples new OS and it wasn't finished if M$ had spent another year on vista before releasing it I think its safe to say we wouldn't be seeing windows 7 since Vista would have worked a lot better.

Everyone has preferences and obviously more people here are going to be Mac fans which doesn't bother me much because when I spend 2K I get much more out of it X-D.

*EDIT* I have said this before and I'll say it again I honestly think Apple get more fans if they made Mac an open OS. They won't do this because if Mac became an open OS it would require much more money in working on updates for incompatible hardware etc. Right now Mac runs "Stable" because you are buying a computer made by Apple with parts that Apple specifically programmed the OS to run with.
    Last edited by riku98523; 09-18-2009 at 04:11 PM.

LinkBacks (?)