+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes in the living room? Really this time?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by dibxna I couldn't wait for this to be a reality so I was proactive. I went to the apple store and bought a mac mini along with
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dibxna View Post
    I couldn't wait for this to be a reality so I was proactive. I went to the apple store and bought a mac mini along with the wireless keyboard and mouse... I hooked it up to my 55" samsung led 7100 series tv and I now have the sickest set up ever.

I even took it a step dorkier... I have a laser light show and a fog machine set up...

now when I throw parties, we have itunes visualizer on the tv... my music library on shuffle playing on 5.1 surround sound... and the danceclub becomes alive. ha!

all i can say to that is f****** awesome man!!! love the light show!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

This is my work station I set up in the hotel I have been living out of...

@ MBPs and a 42" Mac Mini
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ very nice

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Thanks, and congrats to this...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Thanks but I still have cpjr ahead of me. He has me beat by 600 posts at the moment. I think I will catch him by next week

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is a way to have my itunes visualizer play on all tv's through the house. Anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this???

Most bars have multiple TV's playing the same content. I'd imagine there is switch you can get that all your TV's can come back to, then your DVD and Mac etc... will all be in a little room with the switch and you can control it from there with a uiversal remote.

I wish I was building my own house, It'd be great to have a blank canvas to create geek perfection.

I couldn't wait for this to be a reality so I was proactive. I went to the apple store and bought a mac mini along with the wireless keyboard and mouse... I hooked it up to my 55" samsung led 7100 series tv and I now have the sickest set up ever.

I even took it a step dorkier... I have a laser light show and a fog machine set up...

now when I throw parties, we have itunes visualizer on the tv... my music library on shuffle playing on 5.1 surround sound... and the danceclub becomes alive. ha!

I have a similar set up... well without the lasers
    But I don't bother with the Wireless keyboard and mouse. The Airmouse on the iPhone is perfect for this. Like a remote for the Mac. Then use Apple Remote to control what's playing on iTunes, you don't have to be anywhere near the TV to see your playlist and select a song.

If I ever get a chance to build my own house i'll run outta money before I even get past planning the entertainment system.
    Last edited by Mophandleman; 09-03-2009 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

i never really considered getting, let alone fully look at an TV until i saw this.
    maybe when the new features get announced, IF there are new features, i would definitely consider getting one

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

this is going to be a stupid question but on an apple tv can you hook up regular cable and satellite?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12