+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ad Wars Inspire Mac to Reach for the Stars

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
I'm a mac, and I love apple and all, but I don't think they're machines are the "best." Just recently my 2nd apple laptop in a row (the old blackbook
    Thanks

I'm a mac, and I love apple and all, but I don't think they're machines are the "best." Just recently my 2nd apple laptop in a row (the old blackbook 13") had a harddrive failure. Thus far I haven't had an apple laptop live past 2 and a half years. Even my Brand New Aluminum Unibody 13" Macbook Pro (that I got as a Replacement) would not boot past the logo a week and a half after purchase.

Don't get me wrong, I love the operating system, and the support, and the company, but they're definitely not the invincible.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

The fact of the matter is you shouldn't have to be a genius to use a computer. Yes, congrats to all of you who "run no antivirus program and haven't had any problems in X amount of years... because you KNOW how to use a Windows computer." That's cool. Good job. Now what about those that just don't have those 1337 skills you do? Should everybody have to take a year long course on how not to get a virus in order to use a computer? Should you have to have a technical mind to use a computer? I sure hope not. Macs offer that ease of use. You can pick up a mac and start working on it without fear of really messing it up. And if you are one of those advanced users, then you would know that with terminal you can essentially customize every piece of your OS. Yes, I am one of those that knows how to use my computer and not mess it up or get infections on Windows, but that shouldn't be something you have to worry about. The simple fact that some of you are saying that you have to know how to properly use Windows in order to be safe says a lot. For the record, I have owned PC's and macs, and currently I have my MBP triple booted with OSX, Win 7 and Linux. So I'm not some close minded fanboy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I honestly don't know where all these BSODs you guys experienced have come from. I have never in the 14 years I have owned and operating Windows PCs experienced a BSOD. On top of this, being someone what of a computer enthusiast as well as dabbiling in pirating for my music and sometimes ridiculously priced application needs (I'm looking at you Adobe), I have been in situations where someone who was careless might have clicked on some badly disguised virus links or something along those lines if you weren't too careful as well as been without AntiVirus software since I began using PCs. Basically it seems to me as long as you actually pay attention to what you're doing when you're on the computer you will NEVER run into any problems, as I have not but your mileage may vary.

In addition, for those of you saying that the fact that the Macs you use are simply easier to use and that is enough to warrant their purchase for you, I ask how could a several hundred to even a one thousand dollar plus price difference make that an acceptable choice for you, I'm really all ears

PPS: The reason why Windows is so "virusy" is because it has the greatest marketshare. Virus makers are going to go after infecting the greatest amount of people they can and in order to do that they will choose to attack a Windows computer. If the tables ever turn and Apple has the majority userbase, you can be sure that the majority of virus attacks will be directly at your precious virus-free Macs
    Last edited by Luppin; 08-31-2009 at 01:59 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    if you weren't too careful as well as been without AntiVirus software since I began using PCs. Basically it seems to me as long as you actually pay attention to what you're doing when you're on the computer you will NEVER run into any problems, as I have not but your mileage may vary.
    Like I said, you shouldn't have to be looking over your shoulder every time you use the computer. That's one of the great things about macs. You have the freedom to actually use it without having to be paranoid. Oh and congrats on never having any problems. My father actually used ME for a while and never had any problems with it. Doesn't mean it wasn't a horrible OS.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Apple - Get a Mac - Watch the TV Ads Heres the link for the commercials

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

i think macs are very sexy, if they had pussies, i'd f*ck 'em, save me a headache.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    No thanks, I work for computer technology support for my college and i cannot tell you how many hysterical students come to us with the BSOD and other problems after working an a x page essay or whatever. School hasn't even started yet here and two girls came in after owning their new pcs for a week, they didnt even put any software on it yet, and bam! BSOD. When i had a pc, i had to run a c drive defrag once a month, have every anti-virus software from here to timbucktwo, and i still was doing full system restores every few months. I have had my MacBook for 5 years and have not had 1 single issue with it. If thats the "advanced" knowledge you just have to learn to deal with a pc, I'll be an idiot with my dumbed down mac
    The problem with todays PC's is that it comes in with too much bloat wares. I un-installed everything that I would never use like Roxy CD Creator, Anti-viruses, Anti-Firewalls, etc. I mean, why install a google bar to your browser or whatever that pops up. If people can keep their PC's clean of crap, and use what they need, then PC's are very much usable.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragonAn View Post
    I love both OS I have as a Home Computer Windows PC, and as a Labtop I own a MACBOOK PRO. The problem with people and Microsoft Windows is that don't known how to use it, in reality Windown is a very complicated OS so people feel less stupic on a MAC cause everthing is almost done for you, the most advance Computer user take real advantage of the PC can do, like me. So don't complain about Windows if you don't known how to take real advantage of it.
    so true, some of my friends have a mac and they say "haha u have windows huh? how do u like the BSOD?" i tell them " i dont know im not a retard when it comes to computers so i never got them"

and then they stop telling crap like that
    penisjewface is the name, prostitution is the game.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12