Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 83

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple releases list of incompatible and "restricted" software

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by riku98523 Well the reason M$ had to release vista SP1 and talk about how it fixes a bunch of problems is mostly because of Apple bashing M$
...
  1. #61
    Green Apple mgebara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    Well the reason M$ had to release vista SP1 and talk about how it fixes a bunch of problems is mostly because of Apple bashing M$ using falsities and just a bunch of other bull as well (also talking about how much better a mac is than a PC) where M$ doesn't ever bash on Mac. Its funny how Apple released a commercial talking about how M$ is spending more money on PC advertisements than on "fixing" (that which wasn't broken) vista when Apple themselves are spending more money on advertisements to bash M$ when they should be working on improving the OS which imo is junk.
    No the reason MS had to release SP1 was because Vista had issues. You upgraded didn't you?

    Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    My current PC which I built for about $1,200 has better hardware than any mac on the market but if I was to illegally get a copy of OSX and install it I would have more driver issues than anyone has ever had.

    Yet Apple still charges you well into the 2K+ for a weaker hardware wise computer and an OS than now restricts software you can use and even can't be self diagnosed if there is a problem.
    All Apple did was release a small list of software that was not compatible with 10.6! Do you think Apple really wanted to restrict old versions of Parallels desktop? Geese you guys read 3 words and make your own story up out of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    The real question is why spend 2k+ on a mac when my Desktop is better in every aspect and can run and do anything a Mac can do better (which my friend who is a graphic designer uses only mac but I can run all the software he runs at lower processing time). Instead of bashing on M$ (PC means personal computer why do they even say that a Mac is a personal computer also) Apple should stop dictating everything and make Mac Open and work on giving it more compatibility.
    No you are right. You can build a PC for considerably cheaper than a mac all day and that will not change. That is the fact of owning a mac. Mind you the mac will generally get you better resale down the road so ultimately the net cost of the mac isn't that much more.

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Cyberduck doesnt work. And I can't get the beta to unzip :
    Oh no look out!!!! Apple must have restricted Cyberduck!!!! Apple doesn't want us to have FTP clients!!!! Jerry Seinfeld!!! Bill Gates!!! Somebody help!!!!!

    Or Cyberduck just needs to be updated to work with 10.6...

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    And it seems that you in your little world having problems with Vista make it a failed OS. Despite the truth. Nice having this chat and back and forth. When you quit sucking Apples teet you'll realize that they screw people over on a daily basis. I myself love my MacBook, and I'm glad that I spent the money on it. But I cannot stand the totalitarian attitude that Apple has over it's hardware, software,ignoring the customers demands, how they love to screw people with price drops(kinda sorta not necessarily true I admit), and the people that belong to the cult. It's embarrassing sometimes because since I have an Apple computer I'm some snobby hippy or something. But that's not fair to me or Apple fans. Enjoy life in your small little world where what you say is Gospel, the rest of us will enjoy the real world.
    Ok listen this thread is about the software which was restricted in running under 10.6 for compatibility issues. You went and made it about vista. I don't give a rats *** about you or vista.
    Last edited by mgebara; 08-30-2009 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. #62
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mgebara View Post
    Oh no look out!!!! Apple must have restricted Cyberduck!!!! Apple doesn't want us to have FTP clients!!!! Jerry Seinfeld!!! Bill Gates!!! Somebody help!!!!!

    Or Cyberduck just needs to be updated to work with 10.6...

    Um, WTF? I found an updated version in beta. Did I say anything about an Apple conspiracy?

  3. #63
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 147 Times in 90 Posts

    Anyone else having issues with Safari 4 locking up? Mine locks up every other time I start it, and about 50% of the time while using it.

  4. #64
    Green Apple mgebara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Um, WTF? I found an updated version in beta. Did I say anything about an Apple conspiracy?
    I wasn't trying to take a stab at you. It was for other racing people who think that the Apple sky is falling.

  5. #65
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mgebara View Post
    I wasn't trying to take a stab at you. It was for other racing people who think that the Apple sky is falling.

    Ok, I see. I didn't want to be grouped with those morons

  6. #66
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    10.6.1 ftw!!

  7. #67
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 147 Times in 90 Posts

    Snow Leopard Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Compatibility List

    Don't know if anyone has seen this but it's a pretty good list of what does and doesn't work.

  8. #68
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    405
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 35 Times in 23 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ lmao

    it just crashes
    Sorry man, been running vista since launch and have had no issues other than a resource hog. Sucks to be you and your POS locked down mac. Hmm, anyone seeing a monopoly here. Apple blocks software from their OS.

  9. #69
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Sorry man, been running vista since launch and have had no issues other than a resource hog. Sucks to be you and your POS locked down mac. Hmm, anyone seeing a monopoly here. Apple blocks software from their OS.
    Ok, man. I love the state of denial winblows people are in. People who rip on os x either have never used it or are bitter because they can't afford a mac.

  10. #70
    The King Melech518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,704
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

    ^+1
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

    Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

  11. #71
    Super Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,786
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 394 Times in 268 Posts

    -1
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: It's Windows, not "Winblows" (we aren't 8 year olds in a school playground, let's have our letters facing the right way around).

    Fools keep referring to Windows crashing like it's a daily occurence and decide to hop on the "I hate vista bandwagon and therefore I'm cool like everyone else" and "OMFG Windows viruses!!!11one"- if you, <mmi member=""> catch viruses at this day and age where common sense and initiative that's needed to use a computer- why are you here on a computing forum? Why are you jailbreaking? You're most certainly an idiot, so why contradict yourself further by presenting yourself here? Leave.

    Vista had severe shortfalls (when I had it couldn't do what I wanted to do because of the resource issues, made up for in Win 7) the amount of failures have been exaggerated greatly by the media and by Apple's advertising, and the amount of drones who fall for it and come into this thread is shocking (well not really, many of you use the same outdated arguments over and over and over and over and over and over and over again)

    I know!
    Mac Zealots- who's actually used Vista for more than a month and can back up the claims of failure you love to regurgitate from Apple's marketing? Raise your hands.

    Windows Zealots: it's not a massive list, so it isn't that big a deal. Upgrade parts to do what exactly? Game (lol)? The decent thing about macs is that theyre supposed to be sustainable (software wise) for a good bit of time down the line (can't be so sure now, lol). Anyway, the thread has been ruined primarily because of you.</mmi>
    Last edited by dale1v; 09-01-2009 at 04:28 AM.

  12. #72
    Custom Title angiepangie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Golden State :)
    Posts
    3,844
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 222 Times in 211 Posts

    ^+100000000
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

  13. #73
    Green Apple mgebara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Sorry man, been running vista since launch and have had no issues other than a resource hog. Sucks to be you and your POS locked down mac. Hmm, anyone seeing a monopoly here. Apple blocks software from their OS.
    Yes! How dare Apple restrict software with so much legacy code in it that it will crash under the new architecture! How irresponsible of Apple to ensure our computers don't crash.

    They should have let our computers crash uncontrollably, like how Vista first did, and then just blame it on the software developers! Then peons like you and the racer would be happy!

    Really you guys don't know what you're talking about. I'm sure if Apple was to restrict software from running they would certainly put pwnage at the top of the list wouldn't they? They are blocking software that will crash, and probably take the kernel down with it! Tell me, how many Win3.1 programs run in Vista?

    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    -1
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: It's Windows, not "Winblows" (we aren't 8 year olds in a school playground, let's have our letters facing the right way around).

    Fools keep refer to Windows crashing like it's a daily occurence and decide to hop on the "I hate vista bandwagon and therefore I'm cool like everyone else" and "OMFG Windows viruses!!!11one"- if you, <MMi member> catch viruses at this day and age where common sense and initiative that's needed to use a computer- why are you here on a computing forum? Why are you jailbreaking? You're most certainly an idiot, so why contradict yourself further by presenting yourself here? Leave.

    Vista had severe shortfalls (when I had it couldn't do what I wanted to do because of the resource issues, made up for in Win 7) the amount of failures have been exaggerated greatly by the media and by Apple's advertising, and the amount of drones who fall for it and come into this thread is shocking (well not really, many of you use the same outdated arguments over and over and over and over and over and over and over again)

    I know!
    Mac Zealots- who's actually used Vista for more than a month and can back up the claims of failure you love to regurgitate from Apple's marketing? Raise your hands

    Windows Zealots: it's not a massive list, so it isn't that big a deal. Upgrade parts to do what exactly? Game (lol)? The decent thing about macs is that theyre supposed to be sustainable (software wise) for a good bit of time down the line (can't be so sure now, lol). Anyway, the thread has been ruined primarily because of you.
    I'm sure Vista runs fine...now. Personally I didn't like it and I stuck with XP. I actually like XP a lot and hope W7 can offer me the peace of mind that XP does. I never really intended this on becoming a MS vs Apple war. I was just trying to illustrate that Snow Leopard has some issues at its introduction just as Vista did. The only difference between the two is that Apple restricted what conflicts with SL so you wouldn't get the crashes that a certain other OS had on its rollout. This has the added bonus of providing an incentive for the software developers to update their software.
    Last edited by mgebara; 09-01-2009 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  14. #74
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 147 Times in 90 Posts

    I assure you mgebara that Windows 7 with be well worth it. It's fantastic and I'd dare recommend you try it out. I'm running it on my MacBook and have had zero problems and at least a 30% boost in performance over Vista.

    Has anyone had any freezing problems with Safari in Snow leopard? Cause it's happening to me quite a bit. I installed the beta 3.0 of 1Password and it started freezing but after removing it and reinstalling Safari the issue hasn't gone away. Anyone have any tips on how to fix it?

  15. #75
    iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts

    I have only used vista SP1 (previous build wouldn't support vista old pc O.O) but then again I use a modified version of vista anyway.

    I have run the win7 beta and I do like it and I already have a key generated for it when it comes out (love my MSDN account )



  16. #76
    Green Apple mgebara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Has anyone had any freezing problems with Safari in Snow leopard?...
    No and I think no one has answered you because this is not the place to discuss Safari. Please go to an appropriate forum.

  17. #77
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 147 Times in 90 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mgebara View Post
    No and I think no one has answered you because this is not the place to discuss Safari. Please go to an appropriate forum.
    Thanks for the help, I'll be sure to return the favor.

  18. #78
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    -1
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: It's Windows, not "Winblows" (we aren't 8 year olds in a school playground, let's have our letters facing the right way around).

    Fools keep referring to Windows crashing like it's a daily occurence and decide to hop on the "I hate vista bandwagon and therefore I'm cool like everyone else" and "OMFG Windows viruses!!!11one"- if you, <mmi member=""> catch viruses at this day and age where common sense and initiative that's needed to use a computer- why are you here on a computing forum? Why are you jailbreaking? You're most certainly an idiot, so why contradict yourself further by presenting yourself here? Leave.

    Vista had severe shortfalls (when I had it couldn't do what I wanted to do because of the resource issues, made up for in Win 7) the amount of failures have been exaggerated greatly by the media and by Apple's advertising, and the amount of drones who fall for it and come into this thread is shocking (well not really, many of you use the same outdated arguments over and over and over and over and over and over and over again)

    I know!
    Mac Zealots- who's actually used Vista for more than a month and can back up the claims of failure you love to regurgitate from Apple's marketing? Raise your hands.

    Windows Zealots: it's not a massive list, so it isn't that big a deal. Upgrade parts to do what exactly? Game (lol)? The decent thing about macs is that theyre supposed to be sustainable (software wise) for a good bit of time down the line (can't be so sure now, lol). Anyway, the thread has been ruined primarily because of you.</mmi>
    Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    ^+100000000

    I really couldn't give a crap what os you decide to use. If you are a masochist and enjoy winblows then have at it.


    @mgebara You are one of the only people with any sense in this thread.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 09-01-2009 at 07:45 PM.

  19. #79
    plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    11,686
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

    Wow.

  20. #80
    Green Apple mgebara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Thanks for the help, I'll be sure to return the favor.
    well with over 50 posts you should know how a forum works...

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    @mgebara You are one of the only people with any sense in this thread.
    thanks StealthBravo. i think though this thread has run its course

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts