Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 83

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple releases list of incompatible and "restricted" software

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by KartRacer No, wrong again. I never said it was the users fault. I said it was the hardware maker for not writing good enough drivers or even
...
  1. #41
    Green Apple mgebara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    No, wrong again. I never said it was the users fault. I said it was the hardware maker for not writing good enough drivers or even writing them at all. Vista supports a whole lot of hardware. If you'd bother to actually look up what it supports it would blow you away.

    No, you are wrong. I really don't care about how much hardware is supported. I only care about the machine I buy. If I buy a machine that says "Vista Ready" or even has Vista pre-loaded...it better bloody hell work! Just so you know, if you sign your name to a document, you are endorsing it. Microsoft's "Vista Ready" sticker was Microsoft's way of endorsing every piece of hardware that displayed it!

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    It was the hardware vendors drivers that were not up to snuff. How is it now that hardware that Vista didn't play nice when upon release it runs swimmingly on now? Drivers Most of Vistas faults were not with Microsoft. You expect a company to vouch for literally millions of hardware configurations of hardware without a single hiccup?
    Single hiccup? You are severely underplaying the disaster that was Vista's launch. That was in 2006! You're saying that it only took 3 years for Microsoft to get Vista right? Is that a good thing? And I wonder...considering that around 90% of computer users have no clue how to use a computer, how many users do you think are still plagued with problems because they don't know how to update? How many people do you think just went out and bought new hardware because they thought there was no hope for their old hardware?

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    And people have problems now with Snow Leopard not running programs and it's the vendors fault (which it is I agree) but Vista had the same problems and it's 'HAHAHA! MS sucks!', how's that work? You can make excuses for Apple all you want, each have their faults but most Apple users have bad attitudes, false information, and no experience with what they call crappy.
    They had to build in XP mode into W7 for the amount of software that WON'T run in the new Windows! You're complaining about a handful of programs, some of which are outdated anyways (seriously who the heck runs Parallels 2.X??)

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Why did my 3 mothereffing thousand dollar 17 inch unibody MacBook Pro have the backlight last a mere three weeks? Never had that problem with ANY PC I've ever bought and I didn't pay nearly as much for them. Or that my iPhone 3GS lasted all of about 6 weeks before it had three 2 1/2 inch long cracks in the back when it's never been dropped and inside a gel case since the day I bought it, nor has it been abused, and it didn't have one single scratch on it? Care to explain the hardware failures that plague Apple upon every new release of a computer?
    Your MBP was unfortunate, but at least you got AppleCare to fix it. Your phone on the other hand...got abused. Gel cases don't make your phone invincible. It might even give you false-security and lead you to abuse your phone more. You can still sit on your phone, have it bump into something while in your pocket, expose it to temperature extremes...


    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Snow Leopard will not run On computers sold as recently as three years ago, and Window 7 is running like a champ on a PC that my Dad has that almost 11 years old! Doesn't have the fancy stupid desktop stuff, but it runs like a champ. What's your excuse for Apple screwing customers for that? How do you make excuses for someone basically saying, 'oh that computer you paid for about three years ago, yeah we aren't going to support that any more because we'd rather you spend more of your money to buy a new model of our computer. You don't have to though but with us you get absolutely no choices.'?
    That's simple. There was a change in architecture and the old hardware couldn't be supported. Just like how Microsoft's Xbox 360 games won't run on the original Xbox. At least Apple comes straight out and says the old PPC hardware won't work any more. I guess they could have just blamed the drivers...



    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    I'm not making loser excuses, I'm presenting the facts.
    What facts? You have yet to present a single fact. All I see are more loser excuses.
    Last edited by mgebara; 08-29-2009 at 09:00 PM.

  2. #42
    Britney Spears of MMi Zeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,664
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 180 Times in 148 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gumby579 View Post
    .....yeah Vista doesn't tell me what I can or can't run....
    Actually it doesnt.

    Kay.
    EDM

  3. #43
    iPhone? More like MyPhone GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts

    Why am I reading Words like "windows" "XP" "Vista" "7" (well that last one actually doesn't count ) in a Mac Forum ??? mmm well no comment about it.

    What I'm concern about is apple trying to "jail" my MacBook, I knew there was a reason for what I haven't update my mac yet (even when I get it from that sweet fed-ex girl at 12 p.m. yesterday)
    What's next??? do we have to jailbreak our macs with our iPhone/iPod so we can run whatever we want???
    I agree that they warn us about incompatible apps, that's good, and I guess they will became compatible at certain time when the developers actualize their code, but the "restricted" Apps I must say WTF???

    EDIT: After reading the Mac OS X v10.6: About incompatible software page I think that we (at least I did) misunderstood a little bit the situation, and I just comprehend a bit more (I think )
    They did restrict apps from opening, but that was just to prevent the actual crash of the app itself and maybe save a bad time to the user, the are not restricted as "you are forbidden to run this application on your mac" it's more like "this is restricted while the developer makes it compatible"
    Apple itself says that we can go for the developer support to see if they will make any update to make their software compatible with SL.

    Software restricted during installation and migration

    During installation, Snow Leopard moves known-incompatible software to a folder named Incompatible Software at the root level of the hard drive. If you see this folder on your Mac, use the table below to check with the software vendor to see if any Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard-compatible updates are available.
    Software restricted from opening

    After installation if you try to open ("launch") software known to quit unexpectedly, Snow Leopard will prevent the application from opening and you will receive a dialog notifying you of the incompatibility. If you see such a dialog on your Mac, use the table below, then check with the software vendor to see if any Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard-compatible updates are available.
    even the AirPort Admin Utility for Graphite and Snow from Apple itself is restricted.

    Here is the complete (at least what apple posted) of applications.

    Software restricted during installation and migration


    Software restricted from opening
    Last edited by GHOSTYAIRO; 08-29-2009 at 10:34 PM.
    αGoD HaS THe⌃oF My LiFe aND i DoN'T WaNNa⎋*Ⓘ♡Ⓜⓨⓘⓗⓞⓝⓔ

  4. #44
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 147 Times in 90 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mgebara View Post
    Single hiccup? You are severely underplaying the disaster that was Vista's launch. That was in 2006! You're saying that it only took 3 years for Microsoft to get Vista right? Is that a good thing? And I wonder...considering that around 90% of computer users have no clue how to use a computer, how many users do you think are still plagued with problems because they don't know how to update? How many people do you think just went out and bought new hardware because they thought there was no hope for their old hardware?
    Have you not even been around real life for the last three years? It took about 6-8 months for current drivers to come out and Vista, I'm not a fan I'm just saying, is working just fine. I've been gaming in Vista on my MBP for the last 5 months and have had 0 problems. 0. I had none before that on my old Pc that died from a water leak. It's as not as bad as you think you know it is. I agree with you about people buying new hardware without knowing there was nothing physically wrong, that's a shame. But I don't feel sorry for them one bit nor do I blame Microsoft for it. What if someone had a flat tire, or engine problems due to not changing the oil and filter on their Honda and decided to replace it instead of finding out why? You can't blame a manufacturer for people not exhausting their options in trying to correct a problem. If they go through life just replacing things instead of asking someone how to fix it, better waste their money than mine and I sure hope they aren't in charge of anything life or death. Even my parents ask me about things they can't fix.




    Quote Originally Posted by mgebara View Post
    They had to build in XP mode into W7 for the amount of software that WON'T run in the new Windows! You're complaining about a handful of programs, some of which are outdated anyways (seriously who the heck runs Parallels 2.X??)
    Name one. One single application that is widespread that won't run under Windows 7 that will run under XP or Vista at all. One. It's only included in the Professional and Ultimate editions anyway. What does that tell you? One, 7 has too many versions, and two that it isn't marketed toward your average user. Meaning it's pointless to say that it will affect 99% of users.


    Quote Originally Posted by mgebara View Post
    Your MBP was unfortunate, but at least you got AppleCare to fix it. Your phone on the other hand...got abused. Gel cases don't make your phone invincible. It might even give you false-security and lead you to abuse your phone more. You can still sit on your phone, have it bump into something while in your pocket, expose it to temperature extremes...
    It was not unfortunate. I paid 3 thousand ******* dollars for it Let me repeat that. 3 thousand ******* dollars. I've never spent that much money on any piece of computer hardware and had it fail in less than a month. It just quit. Was cruising a Vette racing site, left to go get smokes, came back and it didn't work. I expect a 3 thousand dollar computer to function for more than three weeks before a major part of it fails, maybe you don't but I do. Regardless of wether it was fixed, it shouldn't have broken like that. Nice try to defend Apple, but you are correct about AppleCare. It would have been no different with a PC maker though, so not really a point in the Apple column on that.

    My phone was not abused. It was kept clean, I wiped it down every day, it was kept in a case, never in my back pocket to risk sitting on it (who the hell does that?), and it didn't have a single scratch on it. I didn't abuse it, the sometimes crappy quality from Apple caused it. And temperature changes?? Really?? You're using that as a counter point? I don't give a **** what temperature it is outside, there wasn't enough of a difference to make it crack the plastic. You're making the loser excuses now. I paid 600 for the phone and 3000 for the MacBook and had a funtional and structural failure respectively. NOT ACCEPTABLE. Even the guy at the counter was blown away that I hadn't had it that long and that it had no other markings on it.



    Quote Originally Posted by mgebara View Post
    That's simple. There was a change in architecture and the old hardware couldn't be supported. Just like how Microsoft's Xbox 360 games won't run on the original Xbox. At least Apple comes straight out and says the old PPC hardware won't work any more. I guess they could have just blamed the drivers...
    Tell that to people that purchased a new Mac only three years ago and now they are left in the cold. Pretty ****** way to treat a customer. Windows 7 is running great on my Dads 10 year old PC. 10 years old. An Xbox is a $400ish console. Not a computer. People don't use an Xbox to communicate with family or do their finances. I understand you have to move forward, but after only three years I'd be pretty damn pissed that they pretty much cast my purchase off without batting an eye.


    Quote Originally Posted by mgebara View Post
    What facts? You have yet to present a single fact. All I see are more loser excuses.
    And calling a failure of a 3 week old 3 thousand dollar MBP unfortunate isn't a loser excuse? You were probably burned by a Vista machine and you have an irrational hatred of Vista. I can commiserate, I had a crap HP with Vista on it. But I sweat it out for about 6-8 months after it was released and to this day have not had one single problem. All my problems were related to third party hardware makers not updating their drivers. Believe what you want, that's the truth.

  5. #45
    iPhone? More like MyPhone GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts

    someone please throw a link to a windows forum *Ahem* I'm just saying. ^
    αGoD HaS THe⌃oF My LiFe aND i DoN'T WaNNa⎋*Ⓘ♡Ⓜⓨⓘⓗⓞⓝⓔ

  6. #46
    iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts

    This argument is stupid, but I'll jump into it. Vista problems (and pretty much all problems with windows) comes from hardware drivers not being released in time (as mentioned before) Mac fans can say all they want that makes windows worse than Mac but that's because you are looking at it wrong.

    The reason drivers aren't always up to date is because unlike macs we have the freedom to pick our hardware in my opinion buying a pre made PC is dumb and a huge mistake on the buyers part. Macs don't have driver problems because apple makes the computer and the OS so any hardware driver problems better come from an external device or apple ****** up.

    This makes things much easier on Apple and makes them look good since they don't have hardware problems (just crappy hardware).

    I'll stick with my flawless PC with meh core 2 quad and two 9800 GTX+ SLI graphics cards running a flawless (only problem was some bad ram I got but replaced already) copy of windows Vista (without software restrictions I might add :P)



  7. #47
    Green Apple redmagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    This argument is stupid, but I'll jump into it. Vista problems (and pretty much all problems with windows) comes from hardware drivers not being released in time (as mentioned before) Mac fans can say all they want that makes windows worse than Mac but that's because you are looking at it wrong.

    The reason drivers aren't always up to date is because unlike macs we have the freedom to pick our hardware in my opinion buying a pre made PC is dumb and a huge mistake on the buyers part. Macs don't have driver problems because apple makes the computer and the OS so any hardware driver problems better come from an external device or apple ****** up.

    This makes things much easier on Apple and makes them look good since they don't have hardware problems (just crappy hardware).

    I'll stick with my flawless PC with meh core 2 quad and two 9800 GTX+ SLI graphics cards running a flawless (only problem was some bad ram I got but replaced already) copy of windows Vista (without software restrictions I might add :P)
    Thats true

    I have no idea why people always wants to make an argument between Apple and PC , both not the same thing ( if PC user think before thay saids something about Apple Computers )

    Please make sure Apple laptop Vs PC laptop
    APPLE desktop Vs PC dasktop (Pre Made)
    APPLE OS Vs MS OS

    because is not the same thing , when you buy an Apple Computer you buy the whole , because when somrthing wrong you just need to go to ONE PLACE ,thats APPLE , and you can contect them by e-mail, phone OR just go to Apple shop.

    But with an PC you are not , if the software has problems you
    need to go to MS not the Manufacturers and you can only contect MS by e-mail or phone ( thats sad ) .And if the PC got problems you goes to Manufacturers , and sometimes you feels like a
    human football been kicking around till makes the things right


    And please remember MS only selling you the software not the PC
    Last edited by redmagic; 08-30-2009 at 03:36 AM.
    Apple a Day , PC away

  8. #48
    Green Apple mgebara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Have you not even been around real life for the last three years? It took about 6-8 months for current drivers to come out and Vista, I'm not a fan I'm just saying, is working just fine. I've been gaming in Vista on my MBP for the last 5 months and have had 0 problems. 0. I had none before that on my old Pc that died from a water leak. It's as not as bad as you think you know it is. I agree with you about people buying new hardware without knowing there was nothing physically wrong, that's a shame. But I don't feel sorry for them one bit nor do I blame Microsoft for it. What if someone had a flat tire, or engine problems due to not changing the oil and filter on their Honda and decided to replace it instead of finding out why? You can't blame a manufacturer for people not exhausting their options in trying to correct a problem. If they go through life just replacing things instead of asking someone how to fix it, better waste their money than mine and I sure hope they aren't in charge of anything life or death. Even my parents ask me about things they can't fix.
    6-8 months for Vista not to crash due to driver issues. If I depended on a piece of hardware...like a printer, scanner, video card... I would have to buy new hardware in that time frame. Plus I think you are trying to defer more blame on the driver issues than was realistic. Why was MS advertising that Vista SP1 was supposed to fix many of the flaws in Vista? Have you ever tried setting up a WPA/Enterprise connection in Vista and having the stupid system remember the settings! Plus let's not forget all the software that wouldn't work, and still doesn't work with Vista...

    My point-drivers are not the only issue with Vista. They may have been yours...but a lot of other people had bigger issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Name one. One single application that is widespread that won't run under Windows 7 that will run under XP or Vista at all. One. It's only included in the Professional and Ultimate editions anyway. What does that tell you? One, 7 has too many versions, and two that it isn't marketed toward your average user. Meaning it's pointless to say that it will affect 99% of users.
    Oh because the 8 programs that won't work with 10.6 are going to immobilize the majority of Mac users? You want me to name 1 program??? You should have made it more difficult. How about McAfee VirusScan??? Widespread enough for you? Vital enough for you???

    All I can say is that MS included XP mode for a reason!

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    It was not unfortunate. I paid 3 thousand ******* dollars for it Let me repeat that. 3 thousand ******* dollars. I've never spent that much money on any piece of computer hardware
    and had it fail in less than a month. It just quit. Was cruising a Vette racing site, left to go get smokes, came back and it didn't work. I expect a 3 thousand dollar computer to function for more than three weeks before a major part of it fails, maybe you don't but I do. Regardless of wether it was fixed, it shouldn't have broken like that. Nice try to defend Apple, but you are correct about AppleCare. It would have been no different with a PC maker though, so not really a point in the Apple column on that.

    My phone was not abused. It was kept clean, I wiped it down every day, it was kept in a case, never in my back pocket to risk sitting on it (who the hell does that?), and it didn't have a single scratch on it. I didn't abuse it, the sometimes crappy quality from Apple caused it. And temperature changes?? Really?? You're using that as a counter point? I don't give a **** what temperature it is outside, there wasn't enough of a difference to make it crack the plastic. You're making the loser excuses now. I paid 600 for the phone and 3000 for the MacBook and had a funtional and structural failure respectively. NOT ACCEPTABLE. Even the guy at the counter was blown away that I hadn't had it that long and that it had no other markings on it.
    I guess it must have been a MASSIVE flaw in Apple's design that makes its hardware fall apart when it comes in contact with your DNA. Honestly, you're talking about physical manufacturing failures which happen with mass production, especially with electronics. They happen in $300 computers, $300,000 cars, and $3,000,0000 homes. Welcome to the world of mass production!

    By the way...I assume your hardware is working fine now, and has been working fine for some time now, hasn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Tell that to people that purchased a new Mac only three years ago and now they are left in the cold. Pretty ****** way to treat a customer. Windows 7 is running great on my Dads 10 year old PC. 10 years old. An Xbox is a $400ish console. Not a computer. People don't use an Xbox to communicate with family or do their finances. I understand you have to move forward, but after only three years I'd be pretty damn pissed that they pretty much cast my purchase off without batting an eye.
    Really? New computer that is 3 years old? That's an oxymoron. Plus the last time I checked, 10.5 still works and will still be supported for YEARS. Stop making it out that Leopard is dead! People running legacy hardware are not out in the cold and have fully functional computers with fully functioning operating systems. Tiger is still even supported! If you haven't realized that obsolescence is a fact of life in the computer world then you have a world of hurt to discover.


    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    And calling a failure of a 3 week old 3 thousand dollar MBP unfortunate isn't a loser excuse? You were probably burned by a Vista machine and you have an irrational hatred of Vista. I can commiserate, I had a crap HP with Vista on it. But I sweat it out for about 6-8 months after it was released and to this day have not had one single problem. All my problems were related to third party hardware makers not updating their drivers. Believe what you want, that's the truth.
    Ok, your MBP can boot into Windows right? Are you telling me that it was Leopard's fault that your screen failed? That if you were running your beloved Vista then your screen wouldn't have failed? I'd laugh if you were in Vista at the time! It was a manufacture's defect! Get over it!

    And no, I never really had much experience with Vista. I installed it when it was new...realized it was annoying and went back to XP...
    As an aside I find it funny that vendors were charging people to downgrade back to XP even if they had their old install disks...
    I figured I would just wait out until MS released a service pack for Vista. By then there was the buzz about Windows 7 and XP was doing me just fine so I figured I'd wait it out and let the suckers discover the flaws for MS to fix

    Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    This argument is stupid, but I'll jump into it. Vista problems (and pretty much all problems with windows) comes from hardware drivers not being released in time (as mentioned before) Mac fans can say all they want that makes windows worse than Mac but that's because you are looking at it wrong.

    The reason drivers aren't always up to date is because unlike macs we have the freedom to pick our hardware in my opinion buying a pre made PC is dumb and a huge mistake on the buyers part. Macs don't have driver problems because apple makes the computer and the OS so any hardware driver problems better come from an external device or apple ****** up.

    This makes things much easier on Apple and makes them look good since they don't have hardware problems (just crappy hardware).

    I'll stick with my flawless PC with meh core 2 quad and two 9800 GTX+ SLI graphics cards running a flawless (only problem was some bad ram I got but replaced already) copy of windows Vista (without software restrictions I might add :P)

    This isn't really a Mac/Windows war. It's just that Mr Racer seems to think the 8 apps that are incompatible with 10.6 equate with a failed OS. It's just taken many, many turns since...
    Last edited by mgebara; 08-30-2009 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #49
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Posts
    693
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 72 Times in 61 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bftiedt View Post
    does anyone know id visual hub will work? i use it to do alot of movie converting and really dont wanna lose it but i want the new os
    Yes I use it everyday and as far as I can tell it works fine. Hope this helps.

  10. #50
    The King Melech518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,704
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

    OMFG!! Is this an Apple Forum or a Bill Gates BJ Party?? WINDOWS BLOWS...end of story!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

    Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

  11. #51
    iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts

    Well the reason M$ had to release vista SP1 and talk about how it fixes a bunch of problems is mostly because of Apple bashing M$ using falsities and just a bunch of other bull as well (also talking about how much better a mac is than a PC) where M$ doesn't ever bash on Mac. Its funny how Apple released a commercial talking about how M$ is spending more money on PC advertisements than on "fixing" (that which wasn't broken) vista when Apple themselves are spending more money on advertisements to bash M$ when they should be working on improving the OS which imo is junk.

    My current PC which I built for about $1,200 has better hardware than any mac on the market but if I was to illegally get a copy of OSX and install it I would have more driver issues than anyone has ever had.

    Yet Apple still charges you well into the 2K+ for a weaker hardware wise computer and an OS than now restricts software you can use and even can't be self diagnosed if there is a problem.

    The real question is why spend 2k+ on a mac when my Desktop is better in every aspect and can run and do anything a Mac can do better (which my friend who is a graphic designer uses only mac but I can run all the software he runs at lower processing time). Instead of bashing on M$ (PC means personal computer why do they even say that a Mac is a personal computer also) Apple should stop dictating everything and make Mac Open and work on giving it more compatibility.



  12. #52
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    OMFG!! Is this an Apple Forum or a Bill Gates BJ Party?? WINDOWS BLOWS...end of story!
    LMAO brahahaha

  13. #53
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 147 Times in 90 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mgebara View Post
    It's just that Mr Racer seems to think the 8 apps that are incompatible with 10.6 equate with a failed OS. It's just taken many, many turns since...
    And it seems that you in your little world having problems with Vista make it a failed OS. Despite the truth. Nice having this chat and back and forth. When you quit sucking Apples teet you'll realize that they screw people over on a daily basis. I myself love my MacBook, and I'm glad that I spent the money on it. But I cannot stand the totalitarian attitude that Apple has over it's hardware, software,ignoring the customers demands, how they love to screw people with price drops(kinda sorta not necessarily true I admit), and the people that belong to the cult. It's embarrassing sometimes because since I have an Apple computer I'm some snobby hippy or something. But that's not fair to me or Apple fans. Enjoy life in your small little world where what you say is Gospel, the rest of us will enjoy the real world.

  14. #54
    Green Apple redmagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    OMFG!! Is this an Apple Forum or a Bill Gates BJ Party?? WINDOWS BLOWS...end of story!
    lmao.......
    Apple a Day , PC away

  15. #55
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Posts
    874
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 385 Times in 145 Posts

    This thread wins the award for "longest-and-most-boring-collection-of-individual-consecutive-posts-by-two-individuals" category. Congratulations!

  16. #56
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    +1 for the nomination

  17. #57
    Green Apple redmagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    +2
    Apple a Day , PC away

  18. #58
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 147 Times in 90 Posts

    What do we win? Seriously, I'll shutup now but I have one more thing. I couldn't help but laugh when I opened this page and saw this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apple releases list of incompatible and "restricted" software-screenshot.png  

  19. #59
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,318
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    My Snow's finder crashed twice in 10 minutes...

    *Ahem*
    At the moment it doesn't respond to a british accent.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

  20. #60
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Cyberduck doesnt work. And I can't get the beta to unzip

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts