Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Snow Leopard Reaches Gold Master

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Default Snow Leopard Reaches Gold Master

The next OS X Operating system, Snow Leopard, has reached Gold Master meaning it has been developed far enough to be released into production. The timing is about right for it to reach gold master as Snow Leopard is slated to go on sale this September for only $29 -- it takes a bit of time to manufacture and ship all those DVDs after all

Snow Leopard is a major upgrade of Mac OS X mostly in functionality:
    • Improved Speed, especially in Finder, Mail loads 85% faster, Time Machine 50% faster, 64 bit support for nearly everything including Safari 4 (Javascript 50% faster).
    • Improved hardware usage with better multi-core support.
    • Half the install size at 6GB increasing install speed by 45%.
    • MS Exchange Support.
    • Improved stability everywhere.

UI tweaks include:
    • Put Back from Trash lets you undelete things to the locations they were originally.
    • Stacks has folder navigation.
    • Some Preference Panes have been redone like Keyboard Shortcuts, Desktop and Screensaver controls.
    • Couple more, check here and here.

You can pre-order your copy of Snow Leopard via Amazon for $29 (single computer license) or $49 (5 computer license)

via appleinsider, mac4ever
    Last edited by dale1v; 08-12-2009 at 12:35 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (08-12-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

not a whole lot of changes for a major release?

guess we will see the difference in performance?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Not that much more time now

Typo btw "it takes a bit of time to manufacturer and ship all those DVDs after all"

take the r off of manufacture.

And can't wait to get my hands on my copy. For 29 bucks, it's a steal!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    not a whole lot of changes for a major release?

guess we will see the difference in performance?
    How much do you expect for $29? Compare this is the $100+ upgrade fees for Microsoft and their quality has been steadily declining since XP.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 08-12-2009 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks

$29? I'll most definitely be picking this guy up in September...
    Respect your elders.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmmmm I don't know whether to return my MacBook Pro or wait and see if Snow Leopard fixes the 2 dead pixels on screen....

Tbh I'm not sure Apple will replace it even though I only got it about 3 weeks ago.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

uhh. i thought my macbook was a 32-bit, guess i could be wrong

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Hmmmmm I don't know whether to return my MacBook Pro or wait and see if Snow Leopard fixes the 2 dead pixels on screen....
    Uh...nah, not gonna happen
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by byransays View Post
    uhh. i thought my macbook was a 32-bit, guess i could be wrong
    Leopard runs native apps in 32-bit. Snow Leopard upgrades this to 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Leopard runs native apps in 32-bit. Snow Leopard upgrades this to 64-bit.
    Cha-cha-cha

I'm sure we will see the full potential of the hardware performance with the newest MacBook Pro's with the 64-bit Snow Leopard. Trust me, 32-bit and 64-bit is a big jump, and you will see apps loading a lot faster and your machine overall will be a lot smoother. I can't wait.

For $29 it's a no brainer.

Thanks

I'll be getting this for sure
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

Thanks

Steal deal

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    How much do you expect for $29? Compare this is the $100+ upgrade fees for Microsoft and their quality has been steadily declining since XP.
    Joke comment?

Windows 7's $50 program just ended.

Windows 7 is superior to Vista and Windows XP in every way. More stable, more powerful, better search, better taskbar, better UI features, deeper support for touch usage, better driver support out of the box, better everything.

but you know...keep lying to people and telling them Windows 7 is worse than XP. or even that Vista today is worse than XP. better yet? don't.

you'd be better served by reading a Windows 7 review that spouting out mistruths. they're readily available now. Endgadget just posted theirs today. C|Net posted theirs last week.
    Last edited by adrian1480; 08-12-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Cant Wait

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post

Tbh I'm not sure Apple will replace it even though I only got it about 3 weeks ago.
    Call Apple..they will take it back. I am on my 3rd MBP replacement in a month. I purchased the original a month and a half ago. Was experiencing major display issues. I requested one out of the China factory and Apple granted my request....MBP is running great with zero issues...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Default Don't be tricked by Windows 7 Ads
    Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    Joke comment?

Windows 7's $50 program just ended.

Windows 7 is superior to Vista and Windows XP in every way. More stable, more powerful, better search, better taskbar, better UI features, deeper support for touch usage, better driver support out of the box, better everything.

but you know...keep lying to people and telling them Windows 7 is worse than XP. or even that Vista today is worse than XP. better yet? don't.

you'd be better served by reading a Windows 7 review that spouting out mistruths. they're readily available now. Endgadget just posted theirs today. C|Net posted theirs last week.
    I am sure that you are another Windows user who is fooled by the ads. Dude the Windows XP Mode and Compatible [Between 32-bit program to 64-bit] and some GUI change as per CNet review. The 50$ one you are talking about doesn't have the WIN XP mode [Home Premium], not even the 100$ Business Premium support WIN XP mode but it solves the Compatibility problems, Finally the 200$ [After Win 7 Release it is 400$] Ultimate has all the features that I tested out in Beta Build. So, I will conclude that the 50$ has a Security features & New GUI with Preview ... That's all buddy... I am sure you wasted 50$ for some fancy GUI but it still uses more RAM [ Almost from start up 3GB of DDR3 Memory in Beta with no great softwares is a lot ]. Try upgrading it because I was planning to do that but the Beta Build made me get my first Mac [MacBook Pro 2.8Ghz June 2009 Release] on 24th August. Plzzz Don't be fooled by Windows ads as they only use Ultimate version [400$] to convey all the features. All my proof go to Windows Website and search for Windows 7 as all Engadget and Cnet review talks about Beta Build as it uses all features not just Home Premium Plzz Go to this link and look at the official microsoft chart. Link := Compare editions or Go to Microsoft.com --> Windows tab on left corner --> Then Compare edition tab [2nd one]. Enjoy but don't be bad because for 50$ Microsoft can only give new icons but not good features

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Cant Wait

Call Apple..they will take it back. I am on my 3rd MBP replacement in a month. I purchased the original a month and a half ago. Was experiencing major display issues. I requested one out of the China factory and Apple granted my request....MBP is running great with zero issues...
    China factory ones are the only ones that work worth a crap

Out of curiosity, would I be right to guess that it is half the capacity of Leopard because it is only Intel compatible and not universal.

I'm also guessing the 3GB footprint is the OS by itself, no X11, no printer drivers etc?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    China factory ones are the only ones that work worth a crap :
    I know its so sad
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast