Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google CEO Eric Schmidt Resigns from Apple's Board

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,227 Posts

Default Google CEO Eric Schmidt Resigns from Apple's Board
    Citing "conflicts of interest," Google's Eric Schmidt has resigned from the Apple board of directors. I suppose its been a while coming - Google just keeps getting their hands in the pots Apple has theirs in. Chrome OS and Android are stepping on Apple's tightly guarded toes, and the fruity giant and un-evil search engine's part was undoubtedly imminent.

Of course, this couldn't have anything to do with all Google Voice apps pulled from the AppStore, a move even the FCC is investigating, could it? Nah, of course not.

Dr. Eric Schmidt Resigns from Apple's Board of Directors

CUPERTINO, California-August 3, 2009-Apple today announced that Dr. Eric Schmidt, chief executive officer of Google, is resigning from Apple's Board of Directors, a position he has held since August 2006.

"Eric has been an excellent Board member for Apple, investing his valuable time, talent, passion and wisdom to help make Apple successful," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "Unfortunately, as Google enters more of Apple's core businesses, with Android and now Chrome OS, Eric's effectiveness as an Apple Board member will be significantly diminished, since he will have to recuse himself from even larger portions of our meetings due to potential conflicts of interest. Therefore, we have mutually decided that now is the right time for Eric to resign his position on Apple's Board."
    Engadget | Apple

thanks, JazJon

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

ZOMG! Not Eric! Apple is going to go down the drain now

No surprise here.

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheWang View Post
    No surprise here.
    This poses no relevance to the post but your avatar makes me super happy for some reason. Lol...

Wow, apple is just pushing everyone away. Talk about being the greedy kid in the sandbox

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hon900rx2 View Post
    Wow, apple is just pushing everyone away. Talk about being the greedy kid in the sandbox
    So very true....

Thanks

Yeah but why would you sit down in a meeting discussing Operating Systems with the same guy who's going to be making a rival Operating System from another company? lol

Thanks

What a panzy.
    EDM

Android has no chance of becoming populair os the Os from iphone. We are already seeing it since the beginning and launched of the Google Phone.
    We can also see that they are using very similair strategies as from Apple and similair interfaces also and Application Stores. Not to forget the stupid BlackBerry is also coming now with their idiot appstore since their how many long time ago blackberry on the market.

There you see that most of all company are using same strategy as Apple is using. NOT TO MENTION MICRO$UCKT.

Any way to make it simple..Nothing is going to stand in the way of Apple. They may have some big policiesin the Appstore,,, but hey.. Its their Appstore and lets trust them...They know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Yeah but why would you sit down in a meeting discussing Operating Systems with the same guy who's going to be making a rival Operating System from another company? lol
    Like the statement says....

"Eric's effectiveness as an Apple Board member will be significantly diminished, since he will have to recuse himself from even larger portions of our meetings due to potential conflicts of interest"

but i still agree. why would u have the potential enemy inside your batcave? Guess it sounded like a good idea at the time.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    Any way to make it simple. Nothing is going to stand in the way of Apple. They may have some big policies in the Appstore. But hey, its their Appstore and lets trust them... They know what they are doing.

Grammar and Punctuation Edited By: Grassmasta
    Yes, let us blindly submit to the forceful will of a company that even rejects one of its board member's apps. Forgive me for stepping on your toes, but this is the attitude that allows Apple's big brother control tactics to reign supreme. Apple, the line must be drawn between provider and customer. You have done a fantastic job of making us forget that we maintain the demand part of the supply and demand model!

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

Now on a relevant note: I hope this parting of partners results in a large spike in technology. Don't forget that competition drives innovation, and that without competition we are slowly fed outdated pieces of technology so that the providing company can milk us for all we're worth!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

No surprise here...

Still, it's disappointing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm... Interesting. Google having to seperate from Apple? Conflict of interest? I dont get it... LOL
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ lol

HAHAHA Oh Apple. All this over some silly iPhone apps!
    I hope the FCC does something about this because GOOGLE VOICE IS COOL!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spittips101 View Post
    HAHAHA Oh Apple. All this over some silly iPhone apps!
    I hope the FCC does something about this because GOOGLE VOICE IS COOL!!
    +1