+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Had a Liver Transplant

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
photo credit to fanpop.com The WSJ ran a story Saturday stating Jobs' leave of absence has apparently been surrounding a liver transplant. He should be returning to work in a
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Default Steve Jobs Had a Liver Transplant

photo credit to fanpop.com

The WSJ ran a story Saturday stating Jobs' leave of absence has apparently been surrounding a liver transplant.

He should be returning to work in a limited capacity shortly, and seeing how things go. Meanwhile Tim Cook, Apple's COO and Steve's stand-in since January, may be stepping up to the plate even more.

There's also some interesting news as to where he's been at these 6 months (Memphis?) and rumors as to why WSJ hasn't sourced their info (someone told and Steve doesn't know who).

Steve Jobs, who has been on medical leave from Apple Inc. since January to treat an undisclosed medical condition, received a liver transplant in Tennessee about two months ago. The chief executive has been recovering well and is expected to return to work on schedule later this month, though he may work part-time initially.
    WSJ (subscribe for full story)

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Jobs should really just step down. Its not worth it to put a strain on his health

Green Apple
    Thanks

He looks like Ashton Kutcher.

Thanks
    HOLY ****!! Where in tennessee????

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeadGlory View Post
    He looks like Ashton Kutcher.

thats what i thought

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

@DeadGlory
    He kinda does lol

Thanks

Nice to know you can get a liver transplant and not be on a waiting list . Money talks .

Banned
    Thanks
    ah, so this was the cause of his pancreatic cancer. It has started to metastasize and take out some other organs.

Liver transplant, ya, you have to have some serious money to one that fast.

Thanks
    Well I Hope Steve, Gets well Soon. Nice to see him coming back to Apple
    Apple iPhone by Apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

since when did andy samberg grow a beard?

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Poor guy.... hopes he is feeling well... all I know is getting old isucks! (

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    Thanked 9,527 Times in 5,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Poor guy.... hopes he is feeling well... all I know is getting old isucks! (
    I like "isucks" you wrote,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    Nice to know you can get a liver transplant and not be on a waiting list . Money talks .
    We don't know how long he was or was not on the transplant waiting list. If he was sick enough, he goes to the top of the list in a day.

What we DON'T know, however, is why Jobs was able to be placed on the transplant list at all. One of the main disqualifiers for being placed on the transplant list is metastatic cancer; i.e. liver failure caused by pancreatic cancer, etc. Interesting that he was able to get around that fairly-set-in-stone rule.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    He needs to quit the boozin... yeah the iphone/ipod are freakin great and popular but theres a time when one must stop celebrating.. ha.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by designgears View Post
    ah, so this was the cause of his pancreatic cancer. It has started to metastasize and take out some other organs.

Liver transplant, ya, you have to have some serious money to one that fast.
    When you have no clue what you're talking about, you can unwittingly harm seriously a noble therapy like liver transplantation.
    He didn't have pancreatic cancer, or at least the one commonly known as such, but a variant that is relatively controllable and commonly metastasizing to the liver only (not other organs, otherwise the transplant is no longer indicated).
    You don't need any serious money to expedite anything. He was smart enough (nothing new, anyhow) to go to a place with high donor rate and higher chance of getting an organ earlier than in California or NY. Paying to get priority is both immoral and illegal, and I'm sure that Mr. Jobs is neither.
    We wish him a prompt recovery.
    Last edited by chanquete; 06-21-2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snoslicer8 View Post
    We don't know how long he was or was not on the transplant waiting list. If he was sick enough, he goes to the top of the list in a day.

What we DON'T know, however, is why Jobs was able to be placed on the transplant list at all. One of the main disqualifiers for being placed on the transplant list is metastatic cancer; i.e. liver failure caused by pancreatic cancer, etc. Interesting that he was able to get around that fairly-set-in-stone rule.
    PLEASE, stop spreading fallacious rumors regarding what you don't know and be more respectful with the health of others. These comments only throw garbage over an honorable profession and the health of thousands of people in the waiting list for liver transplantation.

The fact that we have in this country a notoriously inequitable organ sharing system for liver transplantation doesn't mean that people are cheating to get those livers. If you can get listed in a transplant center where there are more organs than people awaiting for them, you'll get one way much sooner than if you are listed in a center where the demand for organs greatly surpasses their availability.

Granted that this is an open forum where anybody has the freedom to express their opinion, but please realize that in doing so, you may be causing serious harm to others that might not know better than what they read in forums like this one.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1245637975
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Steve Jobs Had a Liver Transplant-liver.jpg  
    Last edited by chanquete; 06-21-2009 at 08:44 PM.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I like "isucks" you wrote,
    "Stop Laughing You Goof Ball" LOL I hate getting older and it does "isuck" I know you got a kick out of isuck.... yeah I laughed when I typed it as well!

Quote Originally Posted by chanquete View Post
    When you have no f***** clue what you're talking about, you can seriously harm a noble therapy like liver transplantation.
    He didn't have pancreatic cancer, or at least the one commonly known as such, but a variant that is relatively controllable and commonly metastasizing to the liver only (not other organs, otherwise the transplant is no longer indicated).
    You don't need any serious money to expedite anything. He was smart enough (nothing new, anyhow) to go to a place with high donor rate and higher chance of getting an organ earlier than in California or NY. Paying to get priority is both immoral and illegal, and I'm sure that Mr. Jobs is neither.
    We wish him a prompt recovery.

PLEASE, stop spreading fallacious rumors regarding what you don't know and be more respectful with the health of others. These comments only throw garbage over an honorable profession and the health of thousands of people in the waiting list for liver transplantation.

The fact that we have in this country a notoriously inequitable organ sharing system for liver transplantation doesn't mean that people are cheating to get those livers. If you can get listed in a transplant center where there are more organs than people awaiting for them, you'll get one way much sooner than if you are listed in a center where the demand for organs greatly surpasses their availability.

Granted that this is an open forum where anybody has the freedom to express their opinion, but please realize that in doing so, you may be causing serious harm to others that might not know better than what they read in forums like this one.
    Here's some more information you can read.... its just not this forum....
    Steve Jobs had liver transplant ? The Register

And More......
    Jobs Had Liver Transplant - WSJ.com

And Tons More......
    [ame=http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=steve+jobs+liver+transplant&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8]steve jobs liver transplant - Google Search[/ame]
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 06-21-2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well, i guess its proof that no matter how long you are on the liver donor list, money will always get priority. **** jobs...let him die.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mikef's Avatar
    Thanks

its funny that the guy at the apple store who sold me the phone the other day made some mention about steves liver transplant and then wuickly changed subject..of course i continually asked him about it and they had gotten memos from up and up about it a month ago! maybe he was full of **** but i never put that **** past apple!
    3.0 3g *******