Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 56 of 56

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Palm Pre to sync with iTunes, "Flawlessly"

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by nick.ftw View Post
    I have had a PRE since yesterday.


    My roommate works for sprint and service manager etc they gave him one for free to play with. The phone isnt bad at all. It has a really cheap feel too it once you slide it out for keyboard. Feels like it would break easily. The touch isnt as good as the iphone but isnt bad at all. The browsing is nice but the screen isnt as big as the iphone and the detail isnt as great. Has some nice options. Its pretty light. I would rather have the iphone tho...
    Great, and I like my iPhone too! But I need push-everything. That unfortunately means I will continue with blackberry as my primary on the side of iPhone. Music, video and games iPhone is the Cod of them all! But I am interested in the multi-network integration for messaging and socializing of the WebOS. That really appeals to me. I have ICQ, GTalk, MSN, BB messenger, Facebook, email, & SMS/. And instead of different apps being opened and closed all the time, have all those service integrate? Wow, that is really cool! And anyone who can't see that appealing to at least some people is just beligerant.

    And I do have my storm because in my home town CDMA rules. So if I can sync my iPhone and Pre to the same source? That would make my life much easier! And would not have to rely on Google sync and hope that contacts dont get duplicated or mismatched.

  2. #42
    Default ignorance
    Wow there are some un-educated ignorant ppl on this forum! First off, I have a long-time iPhone user and love it and cant live without it. BUT with that said ... I am in no way going to bash a phone that is just as good if not better in the Pre. First off, it still has some features that the iPhone lacks. But on the same note, the Pre lacks features the iPhone has too. So, thats a wash depending on the users preferences one might prefer one over the other. Second, ATT is NOT the best service provider on the planet. Ppl may end up choosing the pre just for the sake of paying less. I have four lines on my account and pay about $175/mo. for 1500 min and unlimited txting and I only have the iPhone (data plan). With sprint, i could technically have four Palm pre's with unlimited family data/txting and 1500min/mo. for the same price ... THATS A BIG SELLING POINT!!!! ... $30/mo for an iPhone plan is a RIP OFF and no one can argue it ... we all just love the iPhone so much that we dont care!

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnBoard View Post
    Come on guys, stop saying how terrible the Pre is. It's not even out yet! You haven't come within a mile of on, let alone used one. Maybe it's good, maybe it's not. We'll have to wait and see.
    As for the syncing with iTunes, that's actually pretty awesome. Who cares if Apple doesn't like it? Tough **** for them. It'll be another way to give the iPhone some competition. Competition is good for the consumer. I, for one, look forward to seeing how the Pre turns out.

    Argument goes both ways I think. If you want people to stop dissing the pre, then tell pre people to stop putting down the iPhone. It's not out yet, so who knows/cares. This much hype is bad, especially when you're challenging a company like apple, with 2 years reigning supreme in this category. Just wait, and see. Also, I don't see apple supporting the pre. I don't think they'll get enough sales from music to justify a major competitor using their technology.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by nick.ftw View Post
    I have had a PRE since yesterday.


    My roommate works for sprint and service manager etc they gave him one for free to play with. The phone isnt bad at all. It has a really cheap feel too it once you slide it out for keyboard. Feels like it would break easily. The touch isnt as good as the iphone but isnt bad at all. The browsing is nice but the screen isnt as big as the iphone and the detail isnt as great. Has some nice options. Its pretty light. I would rather have the iphone tho...
    REALLY? i thought i read a memo saying limted supplies will restrict employees from getting a pre for at least the frist week?!?

    As for everyone putting the pre down i think you'll be surprised. It may not be an iphone killer, but i hear from people that have seen it in person, it's user interface is very slick. But the bigger point is the pre has revived palm as a company. When a carier like verizon decides to take on palm handsets again because of the Pre, that's huge. And from the looks of it, Palm was able to demand verizon carry 2 of their models. (probalby the palm pro as well).
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!

  5. #45
    Not enough sales out of an untouched (outside iPods) CDMA Market? 100 Million + in the US. Another 3-4 here in canada and the billions in china, bermuda, india etc... CDMA may make up for maybe 15% of the world market, but that is a BIG 15%! They have pretty much given up on the CDMA iPhone, so why not get some revenue for something you don't even have to support. It's like: Here is a business. You make profit, while we take care of the overhead in R&D for hardware and network. Sounds like a good deal to me. Lets face it, v3.0 will refresh the iPhone when it comes out. And the final version is yet to be determined. Pre launches next week. So why don't we wait and see, I for one am excited being in cellular retail at a multi carrier outlet! I'll be getting all of these devices in my store and I will, as always, put them through the ringer.

    One thing I really want to see in action is the touchstone charging system! No more plugs! If that can be worked into a car mount, that alone is worth a look. Bluetooth sync and wireless charging. Just pointing out there is some good stuff coming, wether you agree that it's the future or not. It'll be neat to see how it's implemented.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    california
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by brianturney View Post
    I've heard of muscle memory. I use it everyday when I type on my iphone. my fingers know exactly how far to move now without the crutch of hitting a button. Back when I got my 2G I spent two weeks getting used to the way to type on the iphone. now when I type people look at me in amazement that I can type faster than they can on their keyboard phones. several of them switched to iphone after they saw me typing, because they 'thought they would never be able to learn' to type fast enough. now they do. It's just a matter of letting go of the security blanket of the tactile keyboard. muscle memory works just as well on the iphone.
    i couldn't agree more! not that i recommend it, but i have no problems typing without looking or in my car. my muscle memory for the iphone keyboard is just the same for the WM6 phone that i use for work.

    I type twice as fast as i can on a slide out keyboard. plus i've had to replace my xv68000 twice for keyboard problems. i've never had my iphone keys go bad on me! ever heard of the less moving parts you have, the better? why do you think solid state HD's are more dependable? and faster and better?

    people who claim that they can't adapt are just plain lazy! or maybe just dumb?

  7. #47
    Or just simply prefer physical keyboard. My parents hated that I would as a child run around pressing everybotton I coud get my hands on. And I still prefer the positive feed back. Thats why my most favorite jailbroken app is haptic-pro. I prefer that conirmation that a button has been pressed. I'm quick on my iPhone, no big deal! But I prefer, that. It's simply a matter of preference. I mean, thank jebus we are different.

  8. #48
    What's Jailbreak? AutumnBoard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by brianturney View Post
    I didnt write that with a snotty attitude I wrote it with a pullout keyboards are lame attitude. I hope they never make one. its going backwards and catering to people who refuse to learn new methods of input. Companies who cater to old technology to appease those that dont like change keep the technology from advancing. Kudos to Apple for holding their ground. the onscreen keyboard may take up screen space, but only temporarily while input is made. The keyboard under the screen doubles the thickness of the phone, makes is fat and bulky, and thats permanent. it doesnt get thinner when you're done using it. I've heard of muscle memory. I use it everyday when I type on my iphone. my fingers know exactly how far to move now without the crutch of hitting a button. Back when I got my 2G I spent two weeks getting used to the way to type on the iphone. now when I type people look at me in amazement that I can type faster than they can on their keyboard phones. several of them switched to iphone after they saw me typing, because they 'thought they would never be able to learn' to type fast enough. now they do. It's just a matter of letting go of the security blanket of the tactile keyboard. muscle memory works just as well on the iphone.
    True, you didn't write your post with a snotty attitude. I overreacted. Sorry. But I digress. But, once again, I must make say that (in my opinion) the on-screen keyboard is not for everyone. The people who don't like the on-screen keyboard just don't like it, just like you don't like physical keyboards. There's nothing wrong with that. But the onscreen-keyboard-only approach does have some disadvantages. The biggest of which would have to be screen space. The iPhone only has a 2.5 inch screen, and the keyboard takes up half of the entire screen (and almost all of it in landscape mode), and often I'd like to be able to see something on the screen, but the enormous keyboard covers it up! Of course, the physical qwerty keyboard approach also has it's disadvantages, like the fact that it can't change for a different situation, you're stuck with a constant set of buttons. And just because something is new doesn't mean it's automatically better. Take the Kindle, for instance. It's good, it has some potential, but it shouldn't replace books just because it's new. New≠Better. As I said previously, if there was one iPhone with a physical qwerty keyboard (landscape like the G1, or vertical like the Pre?), and one with an on-screen screen keyboard, the same one as usual. And about muscle memory, it is true you can use it with the iPhone's on-screen keyboard. You are right. It does take a long time to get, though there's nothing wrong with that. You are right about that. I would love to see 2 different Phones, one with and one without a physical qwerty keyboard. That would come pretty close to satisfying everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by brianturney View Post
    I probably wouldnt be so against slide out keyboards if they could actually make them super thin and strong rather than flimsy plastic making the device twice as thick like the Pre.
    This is true, slide-out keyboards do make the phone considerably thicker (*cough cough, G1, cough cough*) and that is a major drawback. But once again, I'll advocate for two iPhone models. The one with the physical qwerty keyboard would be thicker, and the one without would be thiner. But hey, let's not forget that we're talking about apple here/ They could probably find I way to make a physical qwerty keyboard that didn't make give the phone the look of a brick.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeDude View Post
    Argument goes both ways I think. If you want people to stop dissing the pre, then tell pre people to stop putting down the iPhone. It's not out yet, so who knows/cares. This much hype is bad, especially when you're challenging a company like apple, with 2 years reigning supreme in this category. Just wait, and see. Also, I don't see apple supporting the pre. I don't think they'll get enough sales from music to justify a major competitor using their technology.
    You do make a good point. In my opinion, the Pre people shouldn't be constantly insulting the iPhone, and likewise iPhone fans shouldn't be putting the Pre down. The Pre hasn't even been released. Lets wait and see. But what do you mean when you say too much hype is bad? Do you realize the enormous amount of hype surrounding the iPhone gave it momentum? Hype isn't all bad. These are two companies, Palm and Apple, and both of them have been around for a while and have tons of experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by aekhamsouk View Post
    people who claim that they can't adapt are just plain lazy! or maybe just dumb?
    .
    What is your problem? People who happen to prefer the tactile feel of a physical qwerty keyboard over an on-screen keyboard are NOT lazy, okay? And the are not dumb. I hope you realize that you're just making a fool of yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by doan_1 View Post
    Or just simply prefer physical keyboard. My parents hated that I would as a child run around pressing everybotton I coud get my hands on. And I still prefer the positive feed back. Thats why my most favorite jailbroken app is haptic-pro. I prefer that conirmation that a button has been pressed. I'm quick on my iPhone, no big deal! But I prefer, that. It's simply a matter of preference. I mean, thank jebus we are different.
    Exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself.
    Last edited by AutumnBoard; 05-29-2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: just a minor grammar correction.

  9. #49
    Good **** apple I hope palm pre blows the iphone away and steals all there **** and gets away with it. I also hope apple goes bankrupt again. I'm sick of apples fake phony marketing to college kids and high school kids ********. Hey all apple retail managers I have years of retail experience under my belt but never any call back for an interview. Well I can tell you this all apple store managers very proudly GO **** yourself take your employees and shove them up your mother ******* ***.

    Update I am not prejudice or racist but it seems most people who work at apple stores are immigrant or of Jewish decent can someone please verify? I think we should start a class action lawsuit on there *** for unequal employment.

    Update I am not prejudice or racist but it seems most people who work at apple stores are immigrant or of Jewish decent can someone please verify? I think we should start a class action lawsuit on there *** for unequal employment.
    Last edited by iphonetech122; 05-29-2009 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by brianturney View Post
    ANY phone with a slide out keyboard is garbage in IMO..... The Pre supports only pop and imap, no exchange sync or mobileme type file sync either....
    There is nothing stopping an app developer from creating an on screen keyboard for the Pre. That would give Pre users a choice. That is something Apple hasn't been very good at, as only they know best what is good for you.

    The Pre not only supports Exchange Active Sync, but it allows syncing with multiple Exchange accounts. Something the iPhone can't do. It also merges all email accounts of all types into a consolidated email app. The iPhone requires going into and out of your multiple email accounts to view your current mail.

    Apple fan boys can bad mouth the Pre and other contenders, but the reality is competition is good. Why do you think some of the those iPhone 3.0 features are coming out now? It couldn't be an attempt to stay one step ahead of the Pre, could it? The interesting thing is 3.0 is just now adding features that are in the initial Pre release (copy & paste and others).

    I won't be rushing out to get a Pre next month, I'll be keeping my iPhone 3G for the foreseeable future. But I'm glad the Pre is coming out, and I wish it and Palm well.

  11. #51
    Update it seems most of there workers are of Jewish decent can someone please verify if they think thus is true.

    Thank you

  12. #52
    What's Jailbreak? AutumnBoard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iphonetech122 View Post
    Good **** apple I hope palm pre blows the iphone away and steals all there **** and gets away with it. I also hope apple goes bankrupt again. I'm sick of apples fake phony marketing to college kids and high school kids ********. Hey all apple retail managers I have years of retail experience under my belt but never any call back for an interview. Well I can tell you this all apple store managers very proudly GO **** yourself take your employees and shove them up your mother ******* ***.

    Update I am not prejudice or racist but it seems most people who work at apple stores are immigrant or of Jewish decent can someone please verify? I think we should start a class action lawsuit on there *** for unequal employment.

    Update I am not prejudice or racist but it seems most people who work at apple stores are immigrant or of Jewish decent can someone please verify? I think we should start a class action lawsuit on there *** for unequal employment.
    What on earth is wrong with you? For one thing, you are going well off of the subject at hand. Yeah, I did too, but at least my posts were about the Palm Pre, whereas you're post is just you bittching. Please, find some other place to spew your crap, because we don't want it. Let me be blunt: No one gives a flying **** about your irrational bull-****.

  13. #53
    Im gonna ditch my iPhone 3G for the Palm Pre, the OS looks so sweet.

  14. #54
    My question at hand was not answered this person must be an Apple Mole.

    The definition of An Apple Mole- One who is hired by apple and gets payed god only knows how much to keep all the talk on the streets and online blogs clean from the truth from the corruption of apples evil company.They post comments defending apples company or changing the subject when someone brings across a valid fact or point. They shelter stupid people and mac customers from the truth. They are also known as Mac Moles. The company hires them to keep everything on a hush hush basis.

    So now to all non Mac Moles... Did you notice if there was any unequal employment methods going on with Apple when you applied for a job? Also does anybody want to start a class action lawsuit against them for that reason let me know.

    Thanks

  15. #55
    iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hopedale, IL
    Posts
    234
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    I agree with iMacMar. If the iPhone had no competition at all then we would never get anything amazing on the updates for firmware. But since phones like the Pre are coming out then its forcing Apple to be innovative and come up with new, fresh ideas and no one else would think of, like we know they can .

  16. #56
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX.
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iphonetech122 View Post
    My question at hand was not answered this person must be an Apple Mole.

    The definition of An Apple Mole- One who is hired by apple and gets payed god only knows how much to keep all the talk on the streets and online blogs clean from the truth from the corruption of apples evil company.They post comments defending apples company or changing the subject when someone brings across a valid fact or point. They shelter stupid people and mac customers from the truth. They are also known as Mac Moles. The company hires them to keep everything on a hush hush basis.

    So now to all non Mac Moles... Did you notice if there was any unequal employment methods going on with Apple when you applied for a job? Also does anybody want to start a class action lawsuit against them for that reason let me know.

    Thanks
    Dude seriously shut the hell up. You're mad because you didn't get a job with Apple, grow up and get over it. I hope you get banned from this board for spewing your unwanted crap here.

    Also back on topic, I hope the Pre does well because it will really force Apple to step up there game and keep them from taking so long (iPhone 3.0) to give the people what they really want such as a2dp, tethering, cut and freakin paste, system wide landscape keyboard, etc..In the end competition is healthy for the consumer, as it forces all companies at hand to keep it up with the innovation.
    Last edited by XChrisX; 05-31-2009 at 08:54 PM.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to XChrisX For This Useful Post:

    AutumnBoard (05-31-2009)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •