Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Aiming for $500 to $700 10 in. Tablet in 2010?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

Default Apple Aiming for $500 to $700 10 in. Tablet in 2010?

The infamous Apple tablet may reach consumers as early as 2010 if Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster has analyzed things correctly. It is predicted that the tablet might appear in the first half of 2010, have a 7-10 inch screen (remember the 9 in. iPod rumor), have 3g capability, and cost $500 - $700 thanks to cellular carrier subsidization.

In a research note to clients Munster and his team wrote "Between indications from our component contacts in Asia, recent patents relating to multi-touch sensitivity for more complex computing devices, comments from [chief operating officer] Tim Cook on the April 22nd conference call, and Apple's acquisition of P.A. Semi along with other recent chip-related hires, it is increasingly clear that Apple is investing more in its mobile computing franchise."

Munster then went further talking about the possible tablet's OS similarities and differences to OS X and the iPhone OS. "The device's OS could bear a close resemblance to Apple's iPhone OS and run App Store apps," continuing "Apple could possibly introduce a second screen resolution into the iPhone OS software development kit (SDK), enabling developers to build apps specifically for the larger tablet device," further explaining that "Key apps, like Safari and Mail, could make use of the larger screen resolution, making Apple's tablet appealing for more extended use, but the company could continue to leverage its primary asset in mobile computing, the App Store, in this scenario."

To make 3g connectivity happen and to keep the price down Munster believes that Apple will be partnering with carriers to sell the device at subsidized rates. "[Apple] could include an integrated mobile data feature such as 3G wireless into the device and partner with AT&T or Verizon to subsidize the device together with a contract for a wireless data plan."

While much of this is speculation Apple is expected to create a device to take on netbooks in the near future. The market between the $399 iPod/iPhone and the $999 Macbook is an area that Apple has yet to venture into. Rumors concerning tablets have been on the rise recently with reports of Media Pads, and 9" iPods, and other similar tablet devices becoming more and more frequent.

[via silicon alley insider, appleinsider] image is an artists concept via lecentre.net

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

PotatoHead (05-22-2009)

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

I'll buy it, im not gonna lie....

My iPhone is a Part of Me cellmate75's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow
    I would too

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

I would too

awesome concept pic.... except the ipod wheel!

I would lay it down on the bed, and make love to it for two weeks straight. DAMN that picture is sexy

super kool concept i cant wait for the new iphone

Quote Originally Posted by carlos.michell View Post
    I would lay it down on the bed, and make love to it for two weeks straight. DAMN that picture is sexy
    Now thats kinda creepy...... but anyways that is supper SEXY it might convince me to become a Mac!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

one word....SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingBird View Post
    Now thats kinda creepy...... but anyways that is supper SEXY it might convince me to become a Mac!!!

Thank You

Thanks

What would I do with this one?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Looks sweet , but fragile .

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I would buy it in a heartbeat! Looks great

Thanks

get the **** of this site its truly for mac entuist for people here before mac became a complex ideology

posuer

Thanks
    Oh my god.. The wheel.. Get this **** off my monitor.

Also, the Onion predicted this, kind of:

Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I would buy it unless they made me sign a 3g contract... I have no need for another...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eltighty View Post
    get the **** of this site its truly for mac entuist for people here before mac became a complex ideology

posuer
    LOL wut?

If the price is cheap and its worth it, i'd think twice about buying a Apple Tablet.

i'm sorry guys but based on what i'm looking at, i'm gonna have to say No.

Thanks

That tablet would be awesome with a rubber casing or leather incipio like for the iphone and I would rock that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast