Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Rumor] OS X 10.5.7 Friday - Last Stop to Snow Leopard!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

Default [Rumor] OS X 10.5.7 Friday - Last Stop to Snow Leopard!

Mac|Life reports via "a source" that OS X 10.5.7 will be seeded to everyone's Software Update on friday. With the development of OS X 10.5.7 seemingly winding down we're hoping that Snow Leopard 10.6.* in all its Grand-Central-multi-core-optimization-OpenGL-tons-of-RAM-make-everything-fly goodness is right around the corner (perhaps at WWDC in June).
    If you've been champing at the bit for the magic of 10.5.7, according to a super-secret Apple source, your champing can cease on Friday. The newest version of Leopard is slated to fix a slew of networking, syncing and bluetooth issues.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Long with the new iPhone....

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hope the wifi is improved !!! Mine is so sketchy :-/ I have to turn off and back on the airport every 20 min some days.. I think it's the upnp or whatever that I have open on the router but it makes torrents so much faster.. I think it's just some auto mappin of ports but when I turned it off I still had some issues and alot less speed. any one else have these problems? I have a white plastic macbook 10.5.6 I think? any input would be helpfull I have done some googlin and found it's not that uncommon so there's gonna be some people who share my hopes of a better OSX. let me know what works if u have had any luck

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't had any issue with my new airport extreme & macbook pro. I had some issue with it and my two window's machine's...but all is fine now.

i cant wait for the new iphone whos gunna wait inline this year?

Thanks
    Im sleeping in front of store

Thanks

I will be inline if the new phone is thinner.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Sounds great. The current build is buggy as hell. I am glad I just have it on a usb drive and not as my main os.

wWuld i be able to use osx on my pc ? other then a apple certified computer?

im thinking of using it, never actually tired but have been interester init...

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shabz_de_don View Post
    wWuld i be able to use osx on my pc ? other then a apple certified computer?

im thinking of using it, never actually tired but have been interester init...
    Start with the following link to check your hardware compatibility. If you have no clue what hardware you're running that's a bad sign.

Main Page - OSx86

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

shabz_de_don (05-06-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Start with the following link to check your hardware compatibility. If you have no clue what hardware you're running that's a bad sign.

Main Page - OSx86
    im at work now so i cant give specifs, but i know

Cpu : core 2 duo 2.0ghz
    Ram : 3gb ddr2 1033
    Motherboard: gigabyte
    Graphics: geforce 8600GT 512 ddr2
    Hard Drive: 250gb, 160gb, 80gb

is there any other specs needed?

I'm with the guy on the WIFI thing. Thats kinda the only problems i have with my Macbook.

i have heard that it is not going to be 10.5.7 and it will be 10.6

although it doesnt make any sense to release it at such a weird time and we have seen the need for 10.5.7 for notes syncing... i have just heard things :P

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    i have heard that it is not going to be 10.5.7 and it will be 10.6

although it doesnt make any sense to release it at such a weird time and we have seen the need for 10.5.7 for notes syncing... i have just heard things :P
    Hey man Banhammr Immune? HAHA. Well if anyone deserves it, it is you. I agree, it is weird timing.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0ws View Post
    I hope the wifi is improved !!! Mine is so sketchy :-/ I have to turn off and back on the airport every 20 min some days.. I think it's the upnp or whatever that I have open on the router but it makes torrents so much faster.. I think it's just some auto mappin of ports but when I turned it off I still had some issues and alot less speed. any one else have these problems? I have a white plastic macbook 10.5.6 I think? any input would be helpfull I have done some googlin and found it's not that uncommon so there's gonna be some people who share my hopes of a better OSX. let me know what works if u have had any luck
    If you installed the update (I think 7.4.1, but not at home to confirm) for airport, revert back to before the update. I installed the update and had to restart mine all the time, too. Once going back to before the update I have not had to restart my airport at all. I will wait for the next update to fix whatever bug is causing the problems before updating again.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shabz_de_don View Post
    im at work now so i cant give specifs, but i know

Cpu : core 2 duo 2.0ghz
    Ram : 3gb ddr2 1033
    Motherboard: gigabyte
    Graphics: geforce 8600GT 512 ddr2
    Hard Drive: 250gb, 160gb, 80gb

is there any other specs needed?
    Most gigabyte motherboards can run vanilla mac os using any of the commonly available distributions... That's all I'll say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0ws View Post
    Try turning off IPv6 in the airport by setting it to "Link Local" once I did this, stability returned. Not certain, but I think may be related to PC's on my home network. I've got a mix of mac os and XP
    Last edited by imode; 05-06-2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following User Says Thank You to imode For This Useful Post:

shabz_de_don (05-07-2009)

thanks imode!!!,

another question this is abit of a long shot but im going to run leopard on vmware workstation (didnt work on virtual machine - keeps crashing) i was wondering would i be able to update it? like when snows leopard when if does start getting somewhere?

i think macs are kool but for some reason not alot of people agree with me, the funniest one yet
    - "you bettter not use mac ill knock you out better yet ill disown you"

ROFL

now thats dedication to microsoft

I use a wireless dongle 802.11n on my macmini as the built in wirelss is soooo slooow problem is OS X seems tempramental in recognising or playing along with it. I hope the update fixes that, any chance?
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

I doubt its gonna be here friday...

Thanks

well, I'm starting to wonder about that source... still no update

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast