+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Accuses Psystar of Withholding Information

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
In the latest twist of the Apple vs . Psystar battle Apple has accused Pystar of withholding information. Apple wants to know where Psystar's money has been coming from and
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Default Apple Accuses Psystar of Withholding Information

In the latest twist of the Apple vs. Psystar battle Apple has accused Pystar of withholding information. Apple wants to know where Psystar's money has been coming from and going since they have been doing business selling computers running Apple's OS X operating system. AS part of the discovery phase of the lawsuit Apple has the right to request documentation like balance sheets, monthly statements and other financial documents. According to Apple attorney James Gilliland:
    at the deposition regarding Psystar’s revenues, profits, assets and liabilities...Psystar’s CEO and founder Rudy Pedraza, the person designated by Psystar to testify on this topic, would not answer basic questions about Psystar’s financials.
    How many times did Psystar CEO Pedraza claim/refuse to answer these basic questions during the deposition? Approximately 90. He either doesn't know (doubtfull) or doesn't want to tell and his actions seem to support the previous conspiracy theory that Psystar has some of powerful backers.

Psystar responded to Apple's accusations saying that
    Apple’s filing serves no other purpose than to serve as fodder for a blogosphere otherwise rabid for new details on this litigation or to incur unnecessary expense on behalf of Psystar.
    and then going further to say
    systar has produced the financial projections related to its products that exist and that are in its possession or control. Despite Apple’s assumption to the contrary, drafts of the financial projection document that Psystar created to obtain funding do not exist. The document ultimately sent to possible venture capital investors was a work in progress; Psystar did not print and save a hard copy whenever a change to the document was made. Because Apple wants a document to exist does not make it so.
    No documents exist anywhere on what Psystar has been doing so far? They don't exist or is it that they have been shredded and deleted? Isn't destroying evidence some sort of crime? It is hard to believe that a company doesn't keep important documentation like that on file. If things keep traveling in the direction they are going then tragically Psystar probably doesn't stand a chance (if they ever had one) in court.

Latest Apple Filing
    Psystar Response

[via worldofapple]

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

NHSKayak (05-05-2009), shabz_de_don (05-05-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

most probably a delay tactic or it could simply be that they run a cash-in-hand business and really don't have any paper records. I doubt there is some major financial backer (M$?) since it would be all to easy for it to leak out and damage the sponsor.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple is too paranoid they think everyone is out to get them. I can only imagine how much apple pays there attornies
    every year. It seems that all apple has been doing is suing every chance they get.
    Last edited by carlos.michell; 05-05-2009 at 06:00 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shabz_de_don's Avatar
    Thanks

i wonder who they are gonna sue next? microsoft for beings owned by bill gates?

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shabz_de_don For This Useful Post:

carlos.michell (05-05-2009)

Thanks
    Wow, that is a dapper comment. Thanks for contributing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Still Formulating My Opinion
    I haven't yet formulated my opinion on this subject but perhaps someone could expand a little on my thoughts so far... whether I'm thinking logically or not. Forgive me if this may not be the correct forum for this post but oh well.

What if Microsoft said, "You can only install Windows on Microsoft hardware." Would that be legal? Now as far as I know, MS isn't in the business of building PCs, but if they did, could they sue Dell for copyright infringement?

Regards,
    Kayaker

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NHSKayak View Post
    I haven't yet formulated my opinion on this subject but perhaps someone could expand a little on my thoughts so far... whether I'm thinking logically or not. Forgive me if this may not be the correct forum for this post but oh well.

What if Microsoft said, "You can only install Windows on Microsoft hardware." Would that be legal? Now as far as I know, MS isn't in the business of building PCs, but if they did, could they sue Dell for copyright infringement?

Regards,
    Kayaker
    If Apple were as big as Microsoft and continued its current hardware/software lock there is no doubt that antitrust violations would be brought up against Apple. Apple effectively does what AT&T did back in the day with phones before they were broken up into separate companies.

Thanks

Apple's operating systems should be allowed to run on all computers. Apple would make so much money at the same time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shabz_de_don's Avatar
    Thanks

now how can i install osx on my pc?...

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"