Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OLED Display Coming to New Apple Notebook in June

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Default OLED Display Coming to New Apple Notebook in June

Awhile back a rumor popped up about a LG OLED screen coming to the iPhone/iPod touch or an Apple netbook sometime later this year. It appears this rumor may not have been all hot air. A tippster has revealed some more details about LG and Apples OLED deal.

Sadly it doesn't look like the OLED screen is coming to the iPhone/iPod but instead going to be showcased in June in a brand new Apple notebook (we assume at WWDC). New notebook you say? Could this be the rumored Apple tablet or netbook? We'll see soon.

oled=expensive but expensive oled=efficient

mucho expensive did u see the prices on those sony oled 11" tvs they were like $2000

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ I know but they are soooo nice

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What a beautiful technology for Apple to get into. So excited for June!

I can't wait to see what Apple is going to release this June. I just hope its a notebook or tablet or whatever and has touchscreen Im on the hunt for a new laptop and HP has some nice touchscreens/touchsmarts released.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    Sadly it doesn't look like the OLED screen is coming to the iPhone/iPod but instead going to be showcased in June in a brand new Apple notebook (we assume at WWDC). New notebook you say? Could this be the rumored Apple tablet or netbook? We'll see soon.
    My guess is a refresh of the Macbook Air. Would make sense because it's their premier business laptop so cost is not an issue. Would also dramatically improve battery life.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imode View Post
    My guess is a refresh of the Macbook Air. Would make sense because it's their premier business laptop so cost is not an issue. Would also dramatically improve battery life.
    Not a bad hypothesis. I too think this being in their netbook would be a little ridiculous, unless they are trying to take away the whole "budget" aspect of netbooks.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Macbook air is the only thing that they can refresh now. They just refreshed the whole line of laptop last year.

I don't think I could afford an OLED touchscreen laptop. =S

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbulan View Post
    I don't think I could afford an OLED touchscreen laptop. =S
    Im with ya, thats too much for my price range. Well have to see once or if there released.

combining a amazing looking OLED screen with an incredibly sexy Macbook...
    awesome!