+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 8.1.1 Seeded

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Default iTunes 8.1.1 Seeded

iTunes 8.1.1 is out via software update. The major improvements include better speed and stability while browsing your library, visiting the store, and SYNCING your iPod and iPhone. Another feature that many will be interested in is the ability to rent movies in HD, a feature that was previously Apple TV only. Also those folks with 3rd gen iPod Shuffles can celebrate with iTunes support.

We have received no reports about this iTunes update causing any unusual issues for jailbroken iPhones and iPod Touches -- if you have issues please tell us!

Quote Originally Posted by apple
    iTunes 8.1 is now faster and more responsive. You will enjoy noticeable improvements when working with large libraries, browsing the iTunes Store, preparing to sync with iPod or iPhone, and optimizing photos for syncing.

In addition, iTunes 8.1 provides many other improvements and bug fixes, including:

Supports syncing with iPod shuffle (3rd generation).
    Allows friends to request songs for iTunes DJ.
    Adds Genius sidebar for your Movies and TV Shows.
    Improves performance when downloading iTunes Plus songs.
    Provides AutoFill for manually managed iPods.
    Allows CDs to be imported at the same sound quality as iTunes Plus.
    Includes many accessibility improvements.
    Allows iTunes U and the iTunes Store to be disabled separately using Parental Controls.

iTunes 8.1.1 adds support for renting HD movies and provides a number of bug fixes, including addressing issues with VoiceOver and syncing with iPhone or iPod touch.
    edit: thanks James for the tip!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

skb875 (04-06-2009), ~Steve Jobs~ (04-29-2009)

Thanks

Installing now.. We'll see what happens. Thanks!
    wwjd

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Still can't upgrade.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks
    Installing on Windows now. I'll Report back after Instalation.

Edit. Don't see alot difference in speed, Still Pretty laggy. Not much changed. Still the old iTunes.
    Last edited by GuThanDuDe; 04-06-2009 at 04:31 PM.
    Apple iPhone by Apple

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GuThanDuDe For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (04-06-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GuThanDuDe View Post

Edit. Don't see alot difference in speed, Still Pretty laggy. Not much changed. Still the old iTunes.
    Any trouble with jailbreaking? Syncing issues? No "ZOMG JAILBROKEN I BRICK DEVICE NAO!!!"?

Thanks

This.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

at 3:12 PM today, I posted this -
    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Apple Updates iTunes to 8.1.1:

Apple has released a new version update for iTunes today that brings the application up to version 8.1.1.
    iTunes 8.1.1 adds support for renting HD movies and provides a number of bug fixes, including addressing issues with VoiceOver and syncing with iPhone or iPod touch.

iTunes 8.1 was released in early March and added a number of new features.

The update should be available in your Mac OS X Software Update.

Apple Updates iTunes to 8.1.1 - Mac Rumors

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unfortunately after 8.1.1 installation im getting an error from itunes

I already uninstall itunes and reinstall again with no luck.....

Operating system winXP SP2
    Firmware 2.2.1
    Factory Unlocked iphone 3G jailbraked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I installed it on my Mac OSX 10.5.6 and it seems to be fine.

Sure enough under Import CD options "ACC" you can rip CD's as iTunes Quality plus now. That's interesting.

I can't test the Genuis for movies and shows though seeing as I have few movies and shows that I bought from the iTunes store and I haven't updated Genuis yet.

Doesn't seem to be much faster either. But no problems with my jailbroke phone.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    at 3:12 PM today, I posted this -
    If you were to have posted with an original write up with some basic pictures in the member written news section most likely cash would just move your thread to the main page. Next time be a little more comprehensive and include pictures and I'm sure you'll reap the glory you are obviously striving for.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 04-07-2009 at 12:21 PM.

Thanks

lol. I don't care about any "glory". Just pointing out that I had already reported this news.

iphone_dev has just tweeted that "iTunes 8.1.1 is safe to install...no new jailbreak or unlock monkey wrenches"
    Last edited by tsatryan; 04-07-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tsatryan For This Useful Post:

rickyscivic (04-07-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Well obviously you do care or you wouldn't have bothered to point out to everyone that you posted it before. And what you posted was basically an exact cut and paste of the link you referenced from macrumors. I just suggested that if you're going to go through the trouble you may as well write something original and eye catching instead of regurgitating something word for word on another forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Well obviously you do care or you wouldn't have bothered to point out to everyone that you posted it before. And what you posted was basically an exact cut and paste of the link you referenced from macrumors. I just suggested that if you're going to go through the trouble you may as well write something original and eye catching instead of regurgitating something word for word on another forum.
    You see, actually I had no intent nor desire to write some self-created paragraph about what was simply a new announcement of the release of a new version of iTunes. I copied and pasted what I received in a tweet, as that was the fastest and most efficient way of quickly sharing the news with this forum. I did this, since I had not seen it shared anywhere on ModMyI yet. And I pointed that out in this thread, simply because my post was some two hours earlier than the "news" that was placed on the home page of this forum.

I am very sorry if my posting has in some way offended you or anyone else. Please accept my apology. Further, please accept my apology for continuing to comment on this rather ridiculous subject within this thread, since this is completely off-topic. Hopefully this will be the end of comments on this, and the thread can actually return to comments on the subject of the title.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Undocumented new feature in iTunes 8.1.1
    I found an interesting new feature of iTunes 8.1.1. In the older versions, when you added a cracked app to iTunes, iTunes wouldn't apply the rounded edges to the icon when you look at it in the Applications section:

After installing iTunes 8.1.1, copy the .ipa file out of iTunes to a folder and then copy it back into iTunes. When iTunes asks if you want to replace the file, click the "Replace" button. iTunes then refreshes the applications' icons and you will see the normal rounded edges:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iTunes 8.1.1 Seeded-no-rounded-edges.png   iTunes 8.1.1 Seeded-rounded-edges.png  
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I installed this update and I don't see any problems... don't see any improvements either.

Thanks

Thanks works great!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Sadly iTunes is a PoS on Windows. Always has been and probably always will be.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

On my crappy netbook iTunes seems to lock for several seconds when changing any selection. It's especially annoying when I first select my iPhone 3G or sync it, so I'm hoping this improves performance for me. Being a wimpy little 8GB netbook, my library is very small.

Thanks

Default Sync malfunction in iTunes 8.1.1
    I have a jailbroken iphone and ever since i updated my itunes to 8.1.1 I've been having problems syncing my calendar from my iphone to my computer. I would get an error saying it could not sync my calendar. If anyone knows why, please let me know. Thanks