Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Mac Newsforums, a part of the
Since the new iPod Shuffle was released today with iTunes 8.1 listed as a requirement you can expect to see iTunes 8.1 seeded in your software updates very soon. According...
03-11-2009, 11:32 AM #1
iTunes 8.1 to be Released Shortly
Since the new iPod Shuffle was released today with iTunes 8.1 listed as a requirement you can expect to see iTunes 8.1 seeded in your software updates very soon. According to the iTunes What's New page iTunes 8.1 comes packed with the following new features:
- Speed boots for library loading, iTunes Store browsing, device syncing.
- Genius feature will include movies.
- Default audio import settings changed to 256kbps AAC
- Parental controls that disable iTunes Store access while allowing iTunes U access.
- Autofill says "new." The changes aren't listed but there is speculation this feature is being updated to work with all iPods
As always please refrain from updating until it is clear whether or not the new iTunes will interfere with Jailbreaking.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:
03-11-2009, 11:42 AM #2
Aye carumba, the only thing I want is for shuffle to be improved; I've really noticed it being repetitive recently...Respect your elders.
03-11-2009, 11:45 AM #3
i still want wireless syncing for iPhone.
03-11-2009, 11:58 AM #4
App store just said i have update to remote for support for itunes 8.1 so im sure itll be out very shortly
03-11-2009, 12:13 PM #5
I want to update but....
How is this going to affect the jailbreaking process?.... You remember how they threw a monkey wrench at a while back right. Do you think iTunes will ever have skins or different colors to use?... Just tossing something around.
03-11-2009, 12:58 PM #6
03-11-2009, 01:05 PM #7
03-11-2009, 01:06 PM #8
03-11-2009, 01:10 PM #9
are you talking about this? Apple - iTunes - Remote ??? i am talking about wireless syncing when i walk into my house or something if i forget to sync it up with a new number or something. i dont see how this app will let me do this. please confirm.
03-11-2009, 01:33 PM #10
MobileME is wireless syncing.
With them trying to get you to purchase a subscription to MobileME, i don't see them ever allowing wireless sync via itunes, so if i were you i wouldnt hold my breath. Although it only syncs contacts, calendar, and bookmarks - it doesnt sync anything else, but i also dont see them wanting you to be able to access your music/movies/apps from any computer - that enables an easier way to share these things and have them lose out on money.
Last edited by wadestock; 03-11-2009 at 01:41 PM.
03-11-2009, 01:46 PM #11
yeah, i want to be able to sync photos and stuff to the iphone wirelessly over Wifi.
03-11-2009, 03:36 PM #12
You guys are all talking about something different. There's no wireless syncing yet. The other guy was talking about how 8.1 was coming soon because the app "Remote" was just updated recently to support iTunes 8.1.
03-11-2009, 04:18 PM #13
nice but sometimes i find some updates useless
03-11-2009, 05:43 PM #14
This update really pisses me off
03-11-2009, 07:15 PM #15
03-11-2009, 07:17 PM #16
Hopefully they fixed that bug in the store. That thing was annoying.
03-11-2009, 08:03 PM #17
does this update effect our 2g or 3g iphone that is jailbrokened???
03-11-2009, 09:11 PM #18-----------------------------------------
Intel Core2 Quad 9300 @ 2.5 Ghz
Nvidia 9800 GT Factory Overclocked
Windows XP,Windows 7 RTM, Ubuntu 9.04, Bactrack 4 Pre-Final USB
03-11-2009, 09:26 PM #19
03-11-2009, 09:31 PM #20
It's been released:
iTunes 8.1 is now faster and more responsive. You will enjoy noticeable improvements when working with large libraries, browsing the iTunes Store, preparing to sync with iPod or iPhone, and optimizing photos for syncing.
In addition, iTunes 8.1 provides many other improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Supports syncing with iPod shuffle (3rd generation)
- Allows friends to request songs for iTunes DJ
- Adds Genius sidebar for your Movies and TV Shows
- Improves performance when downloading iTunes Plus songs
- Provides AutoFill for manually managed iPods
- Allows CDs to be imported at the same sound quality as iTunes Plus
- Includes many accessibility improvements
- Allows iTunes U and the iTunes Store to be disabled separately using Parental Controls21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
iPhone 4 32 GB l TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad