Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 8.1 to be Released Shortly

yeah thats what i did

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Ive had this message a few times on iTunes 8.0 as well. I just say "no" to sending info.
    WOW!!! When did they start sneaking that in? What does it mean for the future of Jailbreaking?

Do jailbroken phones update fine with itunes 8.1 ?

I have an unlocked iPhone 2G on FW2.2. Before I upgraded from iTunes 8.0 to 8.1, I checked the box in the Preferences, Devices which disables automatic syncing for iPhones and iPods. Don't know if that makes a difference, since my iPhone never auto-syncs when I plug it in. After upgrade, iTunes didn't do anything on its own. So, my upgrade was successful. I am able to sync my iPhone to iTunes 8.1.

Thanks
    To those of you who have been asking if there were any problems with updating the iPhone with iTunes 8.1;

I had no problems updating to iTunes 8.1 with my 8GB 2.2.1 JB iPhone 3G.

Seems safe.

JF
    Last edited by jfreezy; 03-16-2009 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Added 3G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

since itunes 8.1 comes out my itunes wont work properly, everytime i sync my iphone it take mor than a hour before it finish.. sometimes syncing do nothing..i think 8.1 is useless coz i never thought the new 8.1 is not that good..thats why im asking you who can help me with this problem..thank you!

It seems like nobody has answered the original question, does using iTunes 8.1 interfere with jailbreaking an iPhone?

No, iTunes 8.1 does not interfere with jailbreaking an iPhone or iTouch. I've jailbroken my dad's iTouch 1G, my brothers iTouch 2G and my friends iPhone 3G using PwnageTool and iTunes 8.1.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

So you would suggest upgrading to iTunes 8.1?

I would say to upgrade. I haven't had any problems with it and I haven't heard of any major problems with it.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lightmaster For This Useful Post:

k9srkool (03-31-2009)

Thanks

Since my last post I have upgraded to 8.1
    and jailbreak works just fine.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234