Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 8.1 to be Released Shortly

Does anyone know yet if it has any negative features, such as breaking jailbreaking or preventing you from installing cracked apps?
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

eh just test it out,u can always get a older version of itunes back anyway

I just tested it out on my jailbroken iPhone 3G, tried to sync some new songs and I got this message when I plugged in my iPhone: "An iPhone has been detected. but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPhone, then try again."

Anyone else get this message?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I was running jailbroken 2.2 and it prompted me to update to 2.2.1 but I declined. a few seconds later it put my phone in restore mode and started trying to update it.

So...I am stuck in restore mode now. I am going to try to build a 2.2.1 restore ipsw and see if I have better luck.

Does anyone know what these "updated carrier settings" are?
    Last edited by StevenSimpson; 03-12-2009 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSimpson View Post
    I was running jailbroken 2.2 and it prompted me to update to 2.2.1 but I declined. a few seconds later it put my phone in DFU mode and started trying to update it.
    That's very odd that iTunes put your iPhone into DFU mode. In the Mac OS X 10.5.6 update, Apple prevented Macs from being able to recognize DFU mode. I've never heard of iTunes putting any iPhone or iTouch into DFU mode even before the OS X 10.5.6 update.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

genius for movies? who the hell makes a movies playlist?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Seem like there's also some improvement in the App Store review system.
    Now each review is refer to specific version that reviewer use.

Also, it will not show average rating for the app that has too little reviews.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I was just thinking that. Who the hell plays movies in iTunes?
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    That's very odd that iTunes put your iPhone into DFU mode. In the Mac OS X 10.5.6 update, Apple prevented Macs from being able to recognize DFU mode. I've never heard of iTunes putting any iPhone or iTouch into DFU mode even before the OS X 10.5.6 update.
    Sorry, my fault, I meant restore mode...that is what I get for trying to fix the thing while posting...

I will have to go back and change that.

I'm betting that the "genius for movies" feature probably wasn't added with the intent for people to use to make playlists. The "genius for music" has a sidebar that shows related music and recommendations, so Apple is probably hoping that people will buy more movies through iTunes if they are shown a sidebar with recommendations. Its most likely just a marketing scheme.

That is a good point, though. Who the hell does make playlists for movies?

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

I have iPhone 3G on 2.2.1 jailbroke.
    Ok to upgrade to iTunes 8.1 ??
    Thanks.

I have a 3G on 2.2.1JB and i'm using 8.1 on a Macbook Pro as I'm typing this. I've synced and i'm adding media to my phone(music/audio book), No problems so far... Hope that helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 24trepid View Post
    I have iPhone 3G on 2.2.1 jailbroke.
    Ok to upgrade to iTunes 8.1 ??
    Thanks.
    now that I have updated 2.2 jailbroken to 2.2.1 jailbroken, I haven't had any issues...just cant get the remote app to work with iTunes anymore for some reason

14. The Following User Says Thank You to StevenSimpson For This Useful Post:

24trepid (03-12-2009)

Has anyone successfully jailbroken their iPhone/iTouch with iTunes 8.1?

I agree... however, if they were to somehow integrate Netflix into the mix (which they never would), then we may have something.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    Has anyone successfully jailbroken their iPhone/iTouch with iTunes 8.1?
    THAT is the question that needs to be answered. Nothing else in this thread really matters at all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=billchase2;3561861]It's been released:

iTunes 8.1 is now faster and more responsive. You will enjoy noticeable improvements when working with large libraries, browsing the iTunes Store, preparing to sync with iPod or iPhone, and optimizing photos for syncing.

In addition, iTunes 8.1 provides many other improvements and bug fixes, including:

- Allows CDs to be imported at the same sound quality as iTunes Plus

Does this mean I need to re-import all my CDs to get the higher sound quality?

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

Default itunes upgrade
    does anyone know whether it's safe to upgrade yet...for a jailbroken iphone obviously

thanks

alan

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post
    does anyone know whether it's safe to upgrade yet...for a jailbroken iphone obviously

thanks

alan
    no problems syncing my jailbroken and unlocked 2.2.1 2g 16gig iphone
    so i say its safe!
    Last edited by Juar3z; 03-12-2009 at 02:30 PM.

Default Tunes 8.1 Works w/ JB/Unlocked 1st Gen iPhone, Software 2.2.0
    Just synced my 1st generation iPhone with iTunes 8.1. No problems here. iPhone specifics: Software 2.2.0; JB - yes; Unlocked - yes. Sync was as uneventful as it has been with iTunes 8.0.

Please note I am NOT using Software 2.2.1. I don't upgrade software unless there's a very good reason to do so. 2.2.1 didn't give me a reason. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post

thanks

alan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast