View Poll Results: What do you think about the ridiculous tiny keyboard?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • It is awesome

23 32.86%
  • It is stupid

47 67.14%
+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iMac (2009) Released, Unboxed, and Disassembled

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
We have been waiting on this new iMac for months and yesterday Apple announced some updates to it. While visually it looks the same as the previous generation the processor
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Default New iMac (2009) Released, Unboxed, and Disassembled

We have been waiting on this new iMac for months and yesterday Apple announced some updates to it. While visually it looks the same as the previous generation the processor has received a minor update with a 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo available and the graphics have been updated to NVIDIA architecture with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 512MB. These minor upgrades do not lend to a major performance bump for processor performance but the NVIDIA graphics should give a nice boost for gfx performance.

Other Updates include the FireWire 400 being replaced by an extra USB (booooo) and a ridiculous keyboard. Where did the number pad go? Stupid or smart take our poll!

Pricing is around the same as the old version and you have four basic configurations which you can add features to when purchasing.

Engadget and iFixit got their hands on a couple new iMacs and have provided a ton of nice pictures of the exterior/interior:
    <IFRAME src="http://www.zumodrive.com/photo/embed/1URZjM0YT" frameBorder=0 width=500 height=400></IFRAME>

[via apple]

Green Apple
    Thanks

whaaat!! the new keyboard... it looks like crap..
    two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i'm not sure about the the universe.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Great too much price

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

When are they going to stop beating around the bush and make one of these touch screen? They cant claim that they don't have the technology to do so, and with the price they are charging...well, they ought to already be outfitted with it. I would use that for virtually everything (except gaming).
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad I bought mine a little while ago... would not want the keyboard any smaller! What in the world are they thinking of? And take away Firewire to replace it with another usb?

I love my IMac..... bought it right before my neck surgery got to try it out for a couple of weeks and can't get on it yet due to my neck.... ( But someday when my neck can handle setting at it I will enjoy it! Pricey yes! But worth it? If I could have got it cheaper I would have... but would buy one again.....

I bought my Macbook also right before my surgery.... thank god I have this or no computer experience for me.... and love it as well..... matter of fact I never thought I would enjoy a laptop as much as I am....

Love my Apple products!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

Stefanradev2v (03-04-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmasta View Post
    When are they going to stop beating around the bush and make one of these touch screen? They cant claim that they don't have the technology to do so, and with the price they are charging...well, they ought to already be outfitted with it. I would use that for virtually everything (except gaming).
    well, if the keyboard gets any smaller there going to have to go touch screen lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone r1994augusto's Avatar
    Thanks

great!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Glad I bought mine a little while ago... would not want the keyboard any smaller! What in the world are they thinking of?
    I think everyone is misunderstanding. This new keyboard is optional! And besides it's not "new" either, its just the wireless version, with a usb wire.

If you actually go on their site to buy the machine, under the configuration, you can choose "apple keyboard with numeric keypad"...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HKiller9123 View Post
    whaaat!! the new keyboard... it looks like crap..
    Looks like a lap top key board, I've had that one wireless for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by royalnewjersey View Post
    I think everyone is misunderstanding. This new keyboard is optional! And besides it's not "new" either, its just the wireless version, with a usb wire.

If you actually go on their site to buy the machine, under the configuration, you can choose "apple keyboard with numeric keypad"...
    Last edited by Broomhead; 03-04-2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I want an iMac soo bad but if I bought one, my mum would kill me, literally.
    I just spent 2000 on an Omega Seamaster 007 watch, coulda got a really decent Mac for that much.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Green Apple
    Thanks

^can your omega run OS X? At that price, you should be able to use it as a cellphone underwater while you wrestle sharks

Thanks

Well if the keyboard is only the laptop size its not so bad, but it does seem pricey. We could get the new macbooks for similar prices. On a brighter note... i am digging the hard drive size and pre-installed ram. SWEET!!!

Thanks

I like the keyboard, you guys are not accustomed to it yet.
    If anybody could verify the HDMI to me, i will literally get off my *** and go buy it. (i have to go and get my credit card from the wallet which is in the car, thats why)

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

i am soooo happy i bought the 20" 2.66 last month. i still get the dedicated ATI HD 2600 Pro. the 2 low end models with intergrated graphics are a joke. when the benchmarks come out and show the mid range systems from last year outperform the mid range systems from this year, people should be outraged.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

A desktop with no firewire?

Part of my job is editing videos and as far as I know i need the firewire to transfer hd video from the camera to the computer so what now? this a joke I can't offered a macpro this is a total rip off

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    A desktop with no firewire?

Part of my job is editing videos and as far as I know i need the firewire to transfer hd video from the camera to the computer so what now? this a joke I can't offered a macpro this is a total rip off
    Ummm... Just to clarify, there IS a firewire port... 1 firewire 800 port to be exact... If you are using a firewire 400 device, there are cheap (around $9) adapters that you can buy to use your 400 device... just an alternative.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i debating to get the 24 imac or 15 macbookpro the 17 is too big

Thanks

I would seriously like to see the Core i7 on a Mac someday.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Stupid little keyboard....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

God I <3 Mac

But I would never take it apart like they did rofl.

Oh and I agree with
    [Royalnewjersey]
    "I think everyone is misunderstanding. This new keyboard is optional! And besides it's not "new" either, its just the wireless version, with a usb wire.

If you actually go on their site to buy the machine, under the configuration, you can choose "apple keyboard with numeric keypad"..."

Every 1 is freaking out seeing that new keyboard.

Secondly, how many people ACTUALLY? use the firewire?? If we take a poll you will find out.
    And another thing, you guys really think apple is THAT stupid to take out a firewire? Guess what they didnt, and if they did the adapted is around $9-10.
    More people have a need for USB then firewire..

Think about it..
    Last edited by eZStaR; 06-30-2009 at 08:14 AM.