Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Mac Pro Released: Still Expensive

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Default New Mac Pro Released: Still Expensive

Stuck without internet for a few days an Apple goes and releases updates to their entire line of desktops on me . . . .
    . . . lets start with the Mac Pro. Updated specs same expensive price. If you have a boatload of cash laying around and want to spend it on the most Powerful mac you can buy then the "Fastest Mac Ever" is for you (pm me for my paypal account -- I gladly help you spend your many many thousands).

"Apple today introduced the new Mac Pro. Featuring Intel “Nehalem” Xeon processors running at speeds up to 2.93 GHz and a next-generation system architecture, the new Mac Pro delivers up to twice the performance of the previous generation Mac Pro. It also features the latest graphics technology and an updated interior that makes expansion even easier than before. Available next week, the new Mac Pro starts at just $2,499."

Starting Prices/Specs

Quad-Core: One 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon "Nehalem" processor, 3GB memory, 640GB hard drive, 18x double-layer SuperDrive, NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 with 512MB - $2,499.00

8-Core: Two 2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon "Nehalem" processor, 6GB memory, 640GB hard drive, 18x double-layer SuperDrive, NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 with 512MB - $3,299.00

If you really actually do have that extra cash floating around you can upgrade the 8-core machine to 2.93GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 5500 series processors, 32GB memory, 4TB internal storage, RAID, 4x NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512, and Two 18x SuperDrives without displays, keyboard and mouse for a grand total of $14,249.00

[via apple -- thx to all who sent this in]

4 TB and 32GB of memory sold me

i always wanted to get one but never wanted to shell out the cash

Thanks

^Yeah, that's a sick machine. I made a thread with one customized to my specs a while back in the Mac forum and it came to about $22,000 or something...

I lol'ed at the title, by the way.
    Respect your elders.

^

22,000 dollars?

you pay that much for a car

EDIT: i just built my dream mac and it turned out to be $17,000
    Last edited by JStraitiff; 03-04-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Thanks

^^Noticed that you just configured and didn't buy it
    Last edited by sayam; 03-04-2009 at 02:54 PM.

^^^ lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL! @ $14,000.00 - The wife would beat me into my future lives if I spent that kinda money on a computer... 3 or 4 thousand I would just get “The eye of death” I got just “the look” when I spent 2G on her laptop for X-mas Not to mention the “I didn’t need this” ROFL She’s been using it EVERY day since X-mas
    Last edited by E-Dragon; 03-04-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Completely out of this world.... to much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"Always remember your special and unique!"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

Stefanradev2v (03-04-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    ^

22,000 dollars?

you pay that much for a car

EDIT: i just built my dream mac and it turned out to be $17,000
    yes u are right
    eventhough i dont support pC's running Mac OSX I think tath u can have all that the 22,000 Mac has on a pc running mac osx
    (btw im not an expert thats my opinion)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

And people wonder why Microsoft is thrashing Apple........

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

That has got to be a real beast!!! ... Show my the competition.... any takers?.lol

^^agreed!
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

ya

i gladly spent that much for a mac

as long as it is a pure mac

we dont pay this much money for a pc that would fall apart in a week

we pay this much for a mac... plus i would love to see windows handle 32GB of memory

Thanks

My boss/father bought one for $20,000 on company's expenses ofcourse, i.e. his money.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    ya

i gladly spent that much for a mac

What the hell?
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

"Still expensive"

Was there really ever any doubt? REALLY? Everything Apple puts to market is expensive, at least when compared to any competitor...

That being said these aren't here for the average Joe. I mean sure, the average Joe can buy them, but mostly people that buy these things use them for a business like making hit movies, rendering video and the likes. Picking off a few of these 22 grand machines and in turn producing a movie that grosses millions of dollars isn't such a bad deal...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 03-05-2009 at 03:17 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    By all means if you are this stupid then please put all that money back into the economy with your horrendously overpriced mac.

By the way, Windows XP x64, Vista x64, and Windows 7 x64 will all support 32GB of RAM.
    honestly i could give 2 craps about the economy rite now

macs aren't really overpriced. they are high quality peices of equipment and apple has one of the best customer service departments of any company

thus we are paying for the fact that they will replace the machine even after your warranty is up (most of the time)

honestly pc's are overpriced because i cant for the life of me figure out why you would pay more than 300 dollars for a piece of ****machine ;oaded up with a s****y OS

You know what, you can go **** yourself

i don't care what you say about me, it really is not relevant

any "well" built custom machine will work great with osx but most people dont know how to build a good machine

we arent talking about that, we are talking about why people would spend money on somthing that will work for what you want and does not require any extra work

we are not here to talk about the economy, i dont care about it rite now. if you want to completely worry yourself up until you puke or some stupid **** be my guest, but dont bring everyone else down

this wasnt an issue until someone like you decided to take offense to the fact that someone disagrees with you

if you want to build your own pc go ahead. no one is stopping you.

if you want to fight about how much better a pc is then you shouldnt be here. we do not have a pc section for a reason

now we are not here to fight with insecure little kids who cant even have an argument while staying on topic. bringing things like age into this and trying insult someone because of what computer they like is exactly what kind behavior turns posts upside down.

its obvious that by your aggressive social skills you are going to post again and say something to further embarrass yourself, but i am done dragging down this thread with useless bull ****.
    Last edited by JStraitiff; 03-05-2009 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks

I think we're done here.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Hey if a guy wants to buy a Mac let him be. Hes got the cash and the will, i applaud to that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast