Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZumoDrive Updated: PRICING, AAC, iPhone App (Giveaway Inside)

Threaded View

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Default ZumoDrive Updated: PRICING, AAC, iPhone App (Giveaway Inside)

Back in January we covered ZumoDrive Beta cloud storage and then showed a first look of their iPhone App. As of earlier this week ZumoDrive has gone from beta to public and made some major updates to the service while they were at it.

With the beta I had two major issues. The pricing was a concern with 70GB of cloud storage running a whopping $20.99/mo. Many others also voiced their opinions about the pricing and the folks at ZumoDrive listened. While pricing is still slightly higher than their competitors, the ZumoDrive service is also more innovative making it worthwhile (at least for me and my iTunes library).

My other (maybe largest) complaint was that ZumoDrive's awesome "store your iTunes library on the cloud" technology didn't support the most popular iTunes music filetype - AAC. While there hasn't been an official announcement yet, .m4a support has been added and it is now working both on my iPhone via their app and on my desktop via the iTunes "store your library on the cloud" feature

Thirdly ZumoDrive's iPhone application called SuperSize Me is available now on the AppStore. The AppStore version has the exact same functionality as the beta I demoed back in January. Still room for improvement (file editing .etc) but great for the first public version. You can grab it here (free for a limited time only).

Now for the exciting part -- I get to giveaway free stuff to MMi members! The folks behind ZumoDrive have been kind enough to give me three free for a year 25GB accounts which I am giving to you. To enter just reply to this thread with ZumoDrive at the top of your post.

Winners will be randomly selected on March 6th, 2009.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

billchase2 (03-05-2009), cooteruk (03-02-2009), llescaflownell (02-27-2009), MrWHOx (02-27-2009), m_alexandro121 (02-27-2009), pianoman (02-28-2009), rel1215 (03-03-2009), skyhighrocks (02-27-2009), wtfisanIphone (03-02-2009)