+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safari Beta 4 Released OS X + Windows. Awesome so far ...

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
after trying it for a few days it seems pretty fine... might also say it was Safari like :P haha, but there are just the little things that im not
    Thanks
    after trying it for a few days it seems pretty fine... might also say it was Safari like :P haha, but there are just the little things that im not keen on yet, like the top bar not loading blue any more, unless mine was being funny. And i would like to see them put in a function which allowed the user to add to the main page what they like instead of most visited !

other than that it looks pretty sweet and runs pretty fast and smooth !

iPhone? More like MyPhone owais123's Avatar
    Thanks

wow, after this post i downloaded it and cant be more happy! safari 4 is awesome! =]

formerly known as arturpokusin playful_cyanide's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Meh, I've tried Firefox and Safari but always end up using Internet Explorer.
    really? Do you know how insecure IE is?

also, looks a bit like Chrome, w/ the top tabs and recently visited pages...
    Last edited by playful_cyanide; 02-25-2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Don't forget to hit
    Get your custom MMi Signature's here!

Join the MMi \/\/AVE experience

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by playful_cyanide View Post
    really? Do you know how insecure IE is?

also, looks a bit like Chrome, w/ the top tabs and recently visited pages...
    No surprise since they are both based on open source WebKit. The javascript engines are different.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bteamer View Post
    (and for anyone who knows about the rm -rf / story, i am CHECKING THIS COMMAND ON GOOGLE)
    Hopefully you've found out they are safe & do exactly what they should do by now my friend.

Another thing I've recently found out.... on the "Top Sites" (which is now my homepage and obviously includes MMI) the stars in the top right hand corner of the "links" mean that the site has been up-dated since you last visited.

Bah, bah, bah, bah..... I'm loving it!

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

When you enter the commands to allow the blue progress bar to return, you also lose the refresh button... any solution?

Green Apple
    Thanks

On a mac : it is good but why is a new link opened in a new window, irritating, reported the same to Apple... when will they get it?
    Search Google for "Custom Firmware 3.1.2" if you don't have a Mac and are using Windows!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmasta View Post
    I already posted on "how to get topsites as your homepage", either open top sites and in your preferences click "set to current page", or just make your homepage "topsites:///"
    I read your post but it seems that it doesn't apply to safari for windows. This is the message I get if I put topsites:/// in the url.
    Safari can’t open “topsites:///” because Microsoft Windows doesn’t recognize Internet addresses starting with “topsites:”.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danramos View Post
    I read your post but it seems that it doesn't apply to safari for windows. This is the message I get if I put topsites:/// in the url.
    Safari can’t open “topsites:///” because Microsoft Windows doesn’t recognize Internet addresses starting with “topsites:”.
    Preferences->New windows open with:->and in the drop-down menu select Top Sites.

Hope it helps.

One thing: In the second update says we have to go to %APPDATA%\Apple Computer\Safari and then edit Preferences.plist, but I can't locate that file. Any suggestions?

Oh by the way, I think the things copied from Chrome are SO shameless that I bet Apple asked Google for permission.
    Last edited by alvareo; 03-02-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is this for Ipod o.O ?

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Safari 4 Beta is for desktop Macs and PCs (or laptops).

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234