Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safari Beta 4 Released OS X + Windows. Awesome so far ...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can anyone supply a direct link? I'm not able to download it with Firefox or Safari 3.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ddfilms For This Useful Post:

ima80baby (02-24-2009)

Default 4 my iphone?
    what are the chances of us ever seeing this on our phones anytime soon? iphone safari functions nicely,but due for an update

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Now I'm in Windows 7 and I can download it, but I can only get the Windows version. I'll just wait for the Mac version to hit the torrents.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

^Erm...never lol

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

psss better than IE7
    EVERYTHING IS BETTER!!!!

tabs on top is SO chrome :P

which i love (chrome)

chrome crashes A LOT while browsing mmi tho, when opeinng multiple tabs, ALL OF THEM CRASH IF ONE CRASHES, i would like to know why... chrome or mmi fault ?

that aside, i love this new safari, and makes my switches between osx and windows much les painfull (since there is no chrome on osx, and most of what i do with computers, is internet browsing)

Downloaded today, I have to say I really like it. One feature I really like is the top sites piece, I wish it was a little easier to set instead of it using your history. BUt I'm sure in time I will figure it out more so. The other is the browsing history coverflow, I always asked myself is this the site I was at when I found this... now I can easily tell by viewing the coverflow. Instead of picking one, then having to go back to my history find where I was then try the next one. Kudos to Apple on this release.

EEHHHH.....Dont like it, to slow. Man, Apple trys to hard to be pretty sometimes and forgets about speed and functionability.

I will stick with Advant for sure!

"TIP JAR" = thanks

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Shuuweeet just finished downloading ^_^
    EDIT: NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!! I lost my baby blue loading bar! Now it's just a spinner... :'( *sob*
    Last edited by bteamer; 02-24-2009 at 07:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

this completely sucks!!!

i installed it but it wont even launch!!

it just asks me to send a report

I think this is really nice, however customize toolbar is missing a reload icon, which sucks as I use reload quite a lot! wonder why they've left it out? I know you can us apple+r for it but I always forget that in everyday use! plus I like clicking buttons!
    Last edited by gasmasks; 02-24-2009 at 07:36 PM.

The reload button is to the right of the website in the text entry bar. I tried to find it in customize toolbar option too, and was scared for a second until I found it.

Is it just me, or does Apple appear to be taking a few ideas from Google? I'm about to download and test Safari Beat 4, but from the photos in this post alone, Safari 4 resembles Chrome. The tabs being located at the top of the windows and the default homepage are taken almost exactly from Chrome.

Also, does anyone know if Safari 4 has the same security bug as Safari 3 had? I can't remember what exactly it was, but I remember reading about it on MMi. Does anyone know if Safari 4 will support plug-ins or addons? I use Firefox's AdBlock and I'd really like to see it on the new Safari.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

^^^Its definitely got some Chrome shine to it. But its got even more; and from what I can tell so far, its more stable than chrome (cant say for sure, only been using since this afternoon).
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

Amazing! I used to use Firefox and Google Chrome and I do have to admit the start-up speed it a little slow for me but both my previous browsers would take forever and a day to load any page on modmyi.com (which is my 2nd most visited site, next to youtube) but Safari loads right up! But for some reason when I open a new tab it doesn't show my most viewed sites, its not in preferences either...hmm. Still a great browser though!

it's looking pretty cool. the cover flow has been a bit overdone, if you ask me. i don't even use it in itunes. however, i do like the new tab location, zoom, and top sites!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

well I love the cover flow in iTunes and I enjoy the feature in this safari update...I think its awesome I really like the adaptive reaction of safari determining which are your favorite websites.
    Dont be that guy..!!!

I Love Safari 4 it actaully is pretty fast apples just cant stop outdoing themselfs can they...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast