+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Snow Leopard UI Tweaks Emerge (Build 10A261)

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
The leaked screenies of the latest build of Snow Leopard (build 10A261) show some interesting but fairly minor changes to the user interface. Put Back From Trash Probably the largest
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

Default Snow Leopard UI Tweaks Emerge (Build 10A261)
    The leaked screenies of the latest build of Snow Leopard (build 10A261) show some interesting but fairly minor changes to the user interface.

Put Back From Trash

Probably the largest of the changes there is now more options in the Trash. "Put Back" returns the highlighted item(s) to the locations they were before you deleted them. Simple feature but very useful if you (like me) have a habit of digging in the Trash bin from some files you didn't really want to delete.

Stacks Folder Navigation

Stacks on the Dock was introduced with Leopard and is a great way to quickly view a folder of items from the dock. Grid view now has some extra nifty folder navigation. When you navigate to a folder from Grid View the Parent Folder is minimized up to the left hand corner -- reminiscent of cover flow.

Keyboard Shortcuts Preference Pane

The shortcuts are now organized in a more Finder-ish manner with the commands organized into various categories.

That's about all for now. There is also a video of all of this in action here.

[worldofapple via appleinsider]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice ! ! !

Thanks

Wierd... not many replys/views... Am I the only one who is excited/curious about Snow Leopard?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh, not that exciting if you ask me. Only thing that I care remotely about is the new trash change. Hopefully they bring some more tweaks on the UI level for us
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

No news = Bad news... at least we are getting somewhere... It's better than the "maybe yes... maybe no" on it being seeded to developers... At least we know that Apple did make some revisions (as minor as they may be) to the UI and it's not all "under the hood" as it were.

Thanks

i guess with that being said spending $100 for this upgrade as it stands would be beneficial how?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Where's the video?

Thanks

very exciting

i hope they put a temporary folder like in path finder so you can drop it there and go back a couple folders and drop it in

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoHartt View Post
    i guess with that being said spending $100 for this upgrade as it stands would be beneficial how?
    snow leopards changes are mostly in the background. better performance etc etc

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

installing now to test it out and see how it goes. i have an older macbook 13.3. 2.0GHz, 2gb RAM and duo core.. not the core "2" and i am finding it is freezing, locking and i have to hold the power button to shut it off. not too sure what the issues are, but i am going to see if this version fixes that.

update:

reverting to Leopard 10.5.5 (maybe .6) right now. only reason is that i have a stupid usb to dvi converter i have to use until i get my mini dvi to dvi cable in the mail. the converter i have, snow leopard wont install the software for it. so, being at work, i have a 24inch monitor i got spoiled with and will NOT work on 13.3 while here. hah. anyways, does anyone see any problems with installing the 10.5.6 update? i had it installed. but as my post says above, i keep getting freezing problems and the spinning wheel all the time. kinda agravating
    Last edited by tha5150; 02-26-2009 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can't wait for true 64bit support and fuller utilization of ddr3 ram spec! Snowleopard may rock (backend not so many frontend changes)!
    Search Google for "Custom Firmware 3.1.2" if you don't have a Mac and are using Windows!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

simple, but useful nonetheless

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts