Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhoto Recognizes Cat Faces

Default iPhoto Recognizes Cat Faces

One of the biggest disappointments at this year's MacWorld was that iPhoto's newest feature, Faces, couldn't recognize animals faces, at least according to Apple employees on the show floor.

Well for all you pet lovers, the folks over at MacLife did some more testing and got iPhoto to successfully recognize cat faces. They explain, "Like adding people to faces, the key is to train the software to recognize a person, or animal in this case, by tagging a few images manually."

Once you have your furbaby's base face is established, iPhoto begins finding the animal on its own. After this all you have to do is confirm the animal's face in the Faces' "Confirm Name" menu.

They also report that the success rate is as good for cat faces as it is for human faces once it's established. Cute!

Source: iPhoto's Faces Recognizes Cats | Mac|Life
    AppleChic

thats sweet! too bad i dont have it upgraded just yet and dont really have any pets.

OLD INFO I forgot where to get this again. Link?

damn thats a fat cat

who cares.
    two lame *** posts in a row?

not cool..
    Last edited by huntor; 01-28-2009 at 04:09 PM. Reason: you can't say ***, but you can say badass? wtf mmi? kill the censors alright. it's ****** 2009 for christs sake.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is cool. It's the only reason I want ilife 09 (the iphoto improvements) but I don;t really want to fork out the 75 bucks. Granted its a huge upgrade, but I wouldn't be using all of the other differences.

Quote Originally Posted by huntor View Post
    who cares.
    two lame *** posts in a row?

not cool..
    and you just made the third....
    Last edited by sziklassy; 01-29-2009 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings