Results 1 to 18 of 18

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How Much Do You Love Macs?

  1. #1
    Default How Much Do You Love Macs?


    …Enough to call yourself a MacHead? Well there is a whole group who do and they made a documentary about it.

    It's called "MacHeads" and is now for rent on iTunes and Amazon.

    I am quite an Apple fan, but some of these folks go wayyyyyyyyy overboard.

    Source: amazon
    AppleChic


  2. #2
    I like the guy that said "it's kept me from dating, a girlfriend, a wife, etc etc..." He said it the best.'nough said. Weirdos.

  3. #3
    FIRST ONE!

    Anywho, this almost looks like a remake of a movie called "Revolution OS", it was about the Linux crowd, and they basically all said the same thing.

    My thoughts, Macs have their place. PC's have their place. Macs are user friendly and stupid proof. PC's require that you have a bit of intelligence. A long time ago, if I were to get into music editing, and art, hands down I would have chosen a Mac.

    Garage Band alone, being Logic Pro Lite, is a fantastic music creation software.

    Today however, the line that seperated Macs and PC's is considerably more fuzzy.

    In many cases, I could do way more on my PC, then I could accomplish on my wife's G4 notebook. And it had nothing to do with hardware as they were both spec'd pretty closely.

    However, I had much more ease of customization as well as access to a considerably larger library of choices of things to do.

    For example, maybe I like GOM player, maybe I like VLC, maybe I like windows media player 11 (or classic, or both). I have my choice. Different software for different purposes.

    Apple's mentality is to look at you cross eyed when you say you don't want to use iTunes. "Why anyone would want to use anything else is beyond us..." is the general reply.

    And that is fine...

    My however, I like choice and customization. I like to tweak, and I like to do a fresh boot of an OS without it asking me 20 questions so that I can "register" it with it's makers.

    I liken most computer users that I come in contact with, to be expecting a computer to operate like a pocket calculator. Most just want to add, subtract, and multiply, while totally disregarding the other functions on their tool.

    Most people turn on a computer, and never take an hour to actually learn something new.

    "Oh boy! I can check my email, surf the web, and download music". Which is the main mentality of people buying computers.

    Which is why MACs are nice, cause you can do that without thought. However, that comes with a 2000 dollar price tag.

    A PC, which is 500 dollars, can do all that, but you need to take the time to learn, and i think the biggest problem is that most PC users who complain about "the vista", don't even have a clue as to what they are doing. They blindly point and click, and install every little toolbar, add-on, and program that pops up saying click okay, without reading it, and then come crying to people like me (and most of you) cause their computer slowed up.

    Either way, those are my thoughts on the matter. PC users tend to be dumb about it, MAC users tend to be elitist about it. In the end, both do the same thing.
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

  4. #4
    ^^ Not first

    LOL The Walt Disney of technology

  5. #5
    Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Independence, LA
    Posts
    5,641
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 765 Times in 592 Posts

    I like the Girl in black, with ink on her leg (and she said that she had never slept wit a PC person)....LOL

    BTW....I LOVE MY MAC!!

  6. #6
    one of the better explainations i've seen (boe_dye - 3 posts above)

    i'm all about customization, both in apps and hardware. apple doesn't like/allow/support/enourage/accept that. therefore i hate them and their computers. if people had taken to hacking osx they way they hack the iphone os to allow me to do whatever i want with it (like a pc) i might actually have a use for macs.
    Last edited by Broomhead; 01-27-2009 at 09:51 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    one of the better explainations i've seen (boe_dye - 3 posts above)

    i'm all about customization, both in apps and hardware. apple doesn't like/allow/support/enourage/accept that. therefore i hate them and their computers. if people had taken to hacking osx they way they hack the iphone os to allow me to do whatever i want with it (like a pc) i might actually have a use for macs.
    Well, looking at the OSX86 community, I'm pretty sure people have taken to hardware customization. The only thing is, there aren't as many nice themes available as there is on Windows... but iLeopard is a nice one.

    Anyways, I like Apple products- but not that much. O.o

  8. #8
    that video made me laugh.

    i grew up with mac's long before we got our first PC. but owning an iPhone is the closest I've come to apple products this century. For the majority of people, owning a mac seems to be more a fashion statement that anything else! (que lots of flaming from the fanboys )

    Quote Originally Posted by boe_dye View Post
    Either way, those are my thoughts on the matter. PC users tend to be dumb about it, MAC users tend to be elitist about it. In the end, both do the same thing.
    great post, and summed up well with that quote

  9. #9
    Its one thing to be a fanboy, its another to be them. This movie looks to be a pretty good comedy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Near Worcester MA
    Posts
    329
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    I like the Girl in black, with ink on her leg (and she said that she had never slept wit a PC person)....LOL

    BTW....I LOVE MY MAC!!
    didn't hear her say I thing I was focusing on the cleavage.
    Last edited by bruinsrme; 01-28-2009 at 12:13 PM.

  11. #11
    Talking I love my mac
    yeah there pretty epic


    btw if you 4chan it up
    I lose

  12. #12
    Super Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,786
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 394 Times in 268 Posts

    ...I got a headache watching this.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

  13. #13
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    I can;t stop laughing at those idiots. LOL
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by killermike View Post
    yeah there pretty epic


    btw if you 4chan it up
    I lose
    thou has forgotten RULE 1 of the internetz...

    buuut...

    would that chick in black constitute rule 34?

    Oh, and thank everyone who liked what i had to say :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    ^^ Not first

    LOL The Walt Disney of technology
    Yeah, when I first click on the post, there was no one who had replied, and when I write I tend to go on tangents, so by the time I had hit submit, he beat me to the punch!

    ...

    So i'll settle for 1.5 :-P
    Last edited by boe_dye; 01-28-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

  15. #15
    Lets Start The War!!!

    This is PEE CEEE!!!!

  16. #16
    wow lol nice you stole one lol hahahahahaha

  17. #17
    i never knowingly slept with a windows user. lmao

  18. #18
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,318
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by boe_dye View Post

    Yeah, when I first click on the post, there was no one who had replied, and when I write I tend to go on tangents, so by the time I had hit submit, he beat me to the punch!

    ...

    So i'll settle for 1.5 :-P
    You obviously do not know, it never gets good until the end. You're the furtherest away from the cool part.

    RE: the video..... This is not exactly positive endorsement.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •