Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Most Useless iTunes Accessory Ever

Default Most Useless iTunes Accessory Ever

So I am not sure if you call this an iTunes accessory or "art," but either way I really do not see the point…

It's called iShelf and it's designed by Li Jianye and it takes the iTunes Cover Flow idea and brings it to real life.

Don’t think about it too hard: basically it is a stand with 5 slots in it, that holds 5 CDs upright so that they look just like what you'd see in iTunes cover flow. I guess you then set it on a shelf and show it off to all your friends?

iShelf is still in the "prototype" stages of design because it's oh so complicated…so you cant run out and buy it just yet.

After seeing this I just have one question: What are CDs? :-D

Source: Li Jianye's design brings Cover Flow to life | Crave - CNET
    AppleChic

Default I agree
    Yes i totally agree !!! its totally useless.....no one has CDs anymore !!!
    though it would be pretty practical if they have a mechanism where it can hold like 100 CDs and revolves !!!
    and we can buy some nice jewel cases and print the art work

hey! you can put your 5 favorite cd's of all time :-)

Will it take my records?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

it would be interesting if it was a ipod speaker setup with charging dock cleverly disguised as your favorite 5 cds.. if that were the case i would consider

It looks nice, but i doubt i'd buy it. Maybe I'll get it as a gag gift or something.lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the sad part is that it will probably sell

haha wowww...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

it's for nostalgic reasons :]

kinda like hanging old records on your wall.. (like the old folks say this is what we listened to in the 70s!!! with CORDED HEADPHONES!

we'll be saying.. this is what we listened to in the 90s.. with discmen that took 4aa batteries! lol.

Really? Is his a joke? While I still have CDs and continue to buy CDs I don't have a need to display them. I guess someone might find this useful.

hahaha maybe if it was a electric one that had the cds on a track so you can cycle through them similar to coverflow but unless you have some really fancy cds you wana show of this is trash!

Default cool sound dock
    now what would be cool would to have lcd displays on all 5 and have it be a sound dock fo rthe ipod, iphone and play music and whatever cd/song was playing be the front picture and so on for the rest of the songs it would be more useful and you could see what was playing and what was coming up from some distance away i think that would be a cool sound dock for the ipod, iphone.

this would be great cuz you wouldnt have to have CD's just the album work from you ipod/iphone

i think this would be useful to artist the most so they can put there 5 biggest CD's for show lol
    Last edited by cjgonzales1900; 01-21-2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Answering 1 Question at a Time."

iPhone 4: 32GB iOS 4.1 JB
    MacBook Pro 13.3": 2.26ghz/4GB/160GB SL 10.6.5
    iMac 21.5": 3.06ghz/4GB/500GB SL 10.6.5

That is so cool!:P It is a very cool idea, they should make a working one:P

GREAT!!! Now I have a place to put all my CD's. both of them.

i think its more of an artsy thing.. I could see if i had a more contimparary set up in my house wanting this somewhere on my wall..

But wow the idea of them being digital and having what is being played and stuff would be absolutly awesome

Default Awesome Idea
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgonzales1900 View Post
    now what would be cool would to have lcd displays on all 5 and have it be a sound dock fo rthe ipod, iphone and play music and whatever cd/song was playing be the front picture and so on for the rest of the songs it would be more useful and you could see what was playing and what was coming up from some distance away i think that would be a cool sound dock for the ipod, iphone.

this would be great cuz you wouldnt have to have CD's just the album work from you ipod/iphone

i think this would be useful to artist the most so they can put there 5 biggest CD's for show lol
    That's an awesome Idea! I would so Buy it!

As it is by itself, it's a ridiculously stupid idea.
    Last edited by seandiego; 01-21-2009 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Useless. I will go make a ham sandwich and watch my CDs.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd really like an iShelf for 8-track.

It would be pretty interesting to put some pictures in there. Put the pictures in CD cases and put this on a shelf.

Would look pretty nice I think. For pictures...not actual CDs.

Thanks

WTF man this would be a waste of money come on its only for 5 cds and then what...

I can set up my CD's if I can find any on my glass cabinet and set them up that way..!!!
    Dont be that guy..!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast