+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Steps Down

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
image by xkcd.com EDIT: Comic is merely to soften the harshness of the story - a few folks have been offended, its not our purpose to tick folks off. We
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Default Steve Jobs Steps Down

image by xkcd.com EDIT: Comic is merely to soften the harshness of the story - a few folks have been offended, its not our purpose to tick folks off. We wish Steve well and hope for the best for he and his family same as you. The pic stays.

Until June, for now, that is. The mighty Steve has been sick for a while, and notably didn't even appear at this year's Macworld keynote, having Phil Schiller stand in to deliver the lack-luster news for the hungry Apple-enthusiasts attending.

Steve had previously stated he'd be standing fast at the helm during his recovery, but apparently that's no longer doable.

In an email to employees, El Jobs wrote

...during the past week I have learned that my health-related issues are more complex than I originally thought. In order to take myself out of the limelight and focus on my health, and to allow everyone at Apple to focus on delivering extraordinary products, I have decided to take a medical leave of absence until the end of June.
    Tim Cook, the company's chief operating officer, will be steering the rudder until Steve is back.

I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for Apple’s day to day operations, and I know he and the rest of the executive management team will do a great job. As CEO, I plan to remain involved in major strategic decisions while I am out. Our board of directors fully supports this plan.
    Get well soon, Steve. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your fam.

MSNBC Apple 2.0 Blog

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hope he gets better.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Oh man, I hope this isnt the end of an era.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can't believe Steve Jobs is stepping down! I hope it isn't permanent.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Holy ****... Get well!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

maybe prices will begin dropping? haha jk hope u get better steve-o

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Biznotch View Post
    maybe prices will begin dropping? haha jk hope u get better steve-o
    stocks might O_o
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Despite mouthpiece denials of anything serious, speculation is rising that his pancreatic cancer has returned. Hope he gets through whatever it is that's ailling him.

Thanks

I know its just a temporary leave of absence, but this could actually be pretty serious...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KelvinalF
    Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    I know its just a temporary leave of absence, but this could actually be pretty serious...
    exactly how they stated there was no health problems now this hopefully this is the truth Steve:[

Banned
    Thanks

that illustrations not funny at all.

..im sure something big will be presented/released the day he comes back just to make it that much more memorable.

Thanks

I know I don't actually know Mr Jobs but I feel like he's a member of my family.

Wishing you all the best Steve and I hope you're back where you belong soon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cjgonzales1900's Avatar
    Thanks

steve makes apple who it is, without him apple will lose a lot of its supporters. Steve is the only reason i still like apple. I mean their products are great, he just makes apple more friendlier. from all the jailbreakers get well steve.

Quote Originally Posted by huntor View Post
    that illustrations not funny at all.

..im sure something big will be presented/released the day he comes back just to make it that much more memorable.

i have to agree steve is a hero in the apple world no matter if you are a jailbreaker/modder or just a apple fan we all respect Steve Jobs, for what he has brought us through the years.
    Last edited by cjgonzales1900; 01-14-2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Answering 1 Question at a Time."

iPhone 4: 32GB iOS 4.1 JB
    MacBook Pro 13.3": 2.26ghz/4GB/160GB SL 10.6.5
    iMac 21.5": 3.06ghz/4GB/500GB SL 10.6.5

Green Apple
    Thanks
    he'll be fine, no worries people. i have the inside hookups. they claim if magic can beat AIDS, steveo's got this puny illness crushed. money beats everything.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As a physician, I can tell you that Jobs looks like a textbook case of a person eaten up with cancer. Also, the 5 year survival rate of pancreatic cancer is less than 5%. I wish him all the best, but I don't buy the "hormonal imbalance" bit for a second.
    Last edited by A418t81; 01-14-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A418t81 View Post
    As a physician, I can tell you that Jobs looks like a textbook case of a person eaten up with cancer. Also, the 5 year survival rate of pancreatic cancer is less than 5%. I wish him all the best, but I don't buy the "hormonal imbalance" bit for a second.
    Oh this is so depressing if this is true.... I hope he gets better but this all doesn't sound good at all.....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Green Apple
    Thanks

just spoke with him on the phone, said many he's taking many trips to mcdonalds and drinks a lot of starbucks to get him in shape.

good jobb

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Stocks will free fall

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A418t81 View Post
    well then u must be a pretty shiiity dr. cuz even i've read up on the type of cancer he had and the fact that it was a very rare form of pancreatic cancer that is curable by what was a very new surgery when stevie had it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
    well then u must be a pretty shiiity dr. cuz even i've read up on the type of cancer he had and the fact that it was a very rare form of pancreatic cancer that is curable by what was a very new surgery when stevie had it.
    You can't even spell small words correctly and you are going to instruct me on cancer? Ok Jobs had a neuroendocrine tumor of his pancreas and he underwent the EXACT same surgery you would if you had cancer in your pancreas...its hardly a new surgery. Also, just because the tumor was removed doesn't mean its gone. A fair amount of people have the whipple procedure after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and their survival rate is basically the same, 5% at 5 years. Anyway, I wish the guy all the best, and I hope that his weight loss is due to the loss of a large amount of his small intestine, but the numbers aren't on his side. Hope never hurt anybody, so lets hope...but I'm done commenting on the matter.