+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Steps Down

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by huntor that illustrations not funny at all. ..im sure something big will be presented/released the day he comes back just to make it that much more memorable.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by huntor View Post
    that illustrations not funny at all.

..im sure something big will be presented/released the day he comes back just to make it that much more memorable.
    I agree. That illustration is horrible. I suggest you take it down. I understand if you didn't make it, but still. You pride yourselves on being an iPhone/apple blog, then post THAT?!? Come on. That's low. That's enough to make me not want to come here. Hate to be "that guy", and I'm sure I'll get backlash but you ought to be ashamed.
    When I try to spell Jedi's on my iPhone, it auto-corrects it to Jesus...

Thanks

Apple will be fine without Steve Jobs. I think it is time for a change anyhow. I think apple has been covertly heading down a wrong path in the past 3-4 years anyhow. With the switch from PPC to Intel, the lock down of the iphone and many other "questionable" business decisions apple has made, I think thinks need to be stirred up. Don't get me wrong, I love Steve jobs and Apple! I have been an Apple fan since i was abut 10 (I am 37 now) so I do wish him the best. But this is not the end of apple. Change is good! Think Different, Remember?

Oh and I thought the Illustration was funny. You people need to laugh at tragedy cus crying about it doesn't make it go away. Plus I rather laugh than cry any day.
    Last edited by seandiego; 01-14-2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is a site that explains the surgery he had done and also others comments as well.... it even has a picture of the type of surgery he had done.

Why does Steve Jobs look so thin? - Apple 2.0

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Am I the only person on this website who doesn't like steve jobs?

Green Apple
    Thanks

>Am I the only person on this website who doesn't like steve jobs?

Maybe. He is responsible for a large part of what we use today. It's amazing how much he was involved with the Macintosh project early on. I wish him well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oliverhart77 View Post
    I agree. That illustration is horrible. I suggest you take it down. I understand if you didn't make it, but still. You pride yourselves on being an iPhone/apple blog, then post THAT?!? Come on. That's low. That's enough to make me not want to come here. Hate to be "that guy", and I'm sure I'll get backlash but you ought to be ashamed.
    Get off your damn soap box and get a sense of humor. Drama queen.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Before I continue, I do wish Steve the best, and hope he gets well soon.

That being said, change is ok. If Apple does fall without Steve, that simply means the necessary measures were not taken to properly replace him in such a time of emergency, which is the sign of a weak company. The country doesn't fall apart when a President dies (we are devastated, but we don't crumble down), and neither should Apple. I don;t know the business structure of Apple, and frankly don't care to go study it, but for a man who everyone seems to think is so genius (speaking of Jobs here), I doubt he is stupid enough to allow the company to go belly up because of his death/leave. This is his baby and, generally speaking, we want our babies to live on and thrive, both figurative and literal, once we pass on.

Will stocks take a hit? Probably initially. Will products stop being "innovative"? I doubt it, unless Steve really sits in his basement all day thinking up new ideas, I doubt anything new is actually his idea, he just ok's it. Sure there will be a slew of people who claim they can't stay with Apple because Steve is gone, Steve is what makes Apple and Apple is not Apple without Steve, yadda, yadda. Personally I would be happy to see people with such mentalities go. Such statements/actions are cult-like in nature and I would like to steer clear of that one...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    get off your damn soap box and get a sense of humor. Drama queen.
    lol

Myself I like what he said in this video about life in general.... the ups and downs.... thought it was a good speech......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R-jKKp3NA&fmt=18]YouTube - Steve Jobs Stanford Commencement Speech 2005[/ame]
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 01-15-2009 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

get well steve-o.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This may be Steve's way of finally producing a successor. Apple without Steve nearly collapsed before. I can only hope they have the momentum to continue if he is truly dying, which I pray he is not.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

Am I the only person on this website who doesn't like jobs? No, a lot of employee's, engineers, and mainly people that sit all day thinking of the new ideas probably dislikes him as well. Jobs is known to micro manage and scrutinize every product by reducing it to the exact "standard". Example; no firewire port on new macbooks, old macbooks has it, new macbookpro also has it.

Will stocks take a hit? yeah but it's been like this ever since apple discontinued the original phone, employees will tell you no contract was ever involved therefor people all around the world wanted an iphone and resellers would buy by the hundreds making apple a lot of revenue.

another reason why stocks fell is..

the old macbooks (white and black) were updated less than a year ago but still all of them came with hardware defects forcing unhappy customers to buy expensive apple care.

The new MB took care of that through the solid structure but it's way too pricey and even students get less of a discount then ever before.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluprint For This Useful Post:

oliverhart77 (01-15-2009)

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oliverhart77 View Post
    I have a great sense of humor, I just don't think making fun of someones health concerns is funny. He had cancer and I have a feeling that this hormone issue is false. I knew id get backlash, but not from a Canada hating prostitute. And before anyone says anything or I get reported, I happen to know for a fact that one1 is in fact a hooker from jersey, so I'm merely stating a fact, not talking trash about someone.
    He was warned, as are you.

As far as the "hooker from Jersey".....I know that to be false, for a fact.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    He was warned, as are you.

As far as the "hooker from Jersey".....I know that to be false, for a fact.
    I apologize
    When I try to spell Jedi's on my iPhone, it auto-corrects it to Jesus...

Thanks

in a business aspect jobs did a great job in his role. it is time for him to step down but he has brough alot to the apple community. although im only a member of the iphone community myself and i hate macs....i have respect for jobs and he was a trooper til the end.
    Last edited by dale1v; 01-16-2009 at 09:12 AM.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^I wish him all the best!!

Thanks

This argument has long since outstayed it's welcome. Enough please.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12