Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BEWARE! Safari Vulnerability Discovered in OS X and Windows

[irrelevant]
    Last edited by tonycortes; 06-09-2010 at 01:17 AM. Reason: added

Thanks

I am really not trying to be a douche. And I'm not trying to slate Windows.

All I'm saying is that in the amount of years that I've owned a Mac (Bondi Blue iMac to current MacBook and quite a few others in between) I've never come across a virus. If there is one I'll apologise like I've already said.

Quote Originally Posted by iGuy View Post
    I am really not trying to be a douche. And I'm not trying to slate Windows.

All I'm saying is that in the amount of years that I've owned a Mac (Bondi Blue iMac to current MacBook and quite a few others in between) I've never come across a virus. If there is one I'll apologise like I've already said.
    See above.

Also in my 15 years using PC's I have yet to have a computer infected by a virus.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
    Also in my 15 years using PC's I have yet to have a computer infected by a virus.
    I have never had to use any sort of anti-virus software. (Even Sziklassy admits the same). Whether that continues I don't know.... However, I'm just trying to say that this "vulnerability" is not a virus. Why people want to make such a hoo-har over this compared to the vulnerability of Windows is beyond me. I don't believe Apple is "God-Like", I just like their products. iPhone included!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

lol @ all of you arguing about viruses in OS X vs. Windows in a thread about a vulnerability that is on OS X and Windows

Haha, firefox for the win. Never used safari in my whole mac life.

Thanks

Ha! Ha! All these people who want to slag off anything to do with Apple have suddenly gone quiet. Maybe that's because they own an Apple product? Hmmm.

Thanks

Ha! Ha! All these people who want to slag off anything to do with Apple have suddenly gone quiet. Maybe that's because they own an Apple product? Hmmm.
    Well seeing as everyone on this site does own an apple product of some sort, I doubt they are trying to slag everything off. They've probably moved on.
    I believe that people make a hoo-har when something is wrong with OS X, because of such "confident" slogans Apple distribute, examples include:
    • "A Mac does everything a PC does, but better"
    • "It just works"
    • The PC vs Mac adverts which get off on demeaning and stereotyping the PC user.

Apple repeat this over, and over... and over.... I guess it's getting to the point where people think that Apple and their customers are just plain cocky (may not be true, but I have seen a lot of cocky mac owners).
    Now, if something with Apple goes terribly wrong, people will gloat;
    honestly, wouldn't you find it funnier if you saw a pompous fool trip over and land in mud, compared to an average Joe?
    Last edited by dale1v; 01-14-2009 at 04:44 PM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Hopefully they'll support Steve Coppell as much as they do Steve Jobs then Dale.

Thanks

Hopefully they'll support Steve Coppell as much as they do Steve Jobs then Dale.
    lawl
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

I'm not going into the "Mac vs PC" either. If there have been viruses for OSX I'd just like to see the proof........

Still waiting.
    Let me google that for you: mac virus.
    Last edited by fparedesg; 01-14-2009 at 05:13 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

so firefox, safari or opera

votes?

Thanks

I Wasn't Built on a Mac, Honest!

Sorry, I'm going so off-topic here.

But what would happen if you did the same for Windows fparedesg?

That is my point, I'm not knocking Windows - I'm just saying I've never had a virus problem with OSX. Windows people seem to be jumping for joy when they hear about a problem with Apple. Why is that? If you don't like Apple send your phone to me please.
    Last edited by iGuy; 01-14-2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have never had to use any sort of anti-virus software. (Even Sziklassy admits the same). Whether that continues I don't know.... However, I'm just trying to say that this "vulnerability" is not a virus. Why people want to make such a hoo-har over this compared to the vulnerability of Windows is beyond me. I don't believe Apple is "God-Like", I just like their products. iPhone included!
    ***DUDE---ALL THIS TOOL STEVEN B DOES....is go around and post rediculous comments!...he needs to find something else productive to do----> JUST IGNORE THE LITTLE BOI!..

But what would happen if you did the same for Windows fparedesg?
    You would get a lot more results. I am not supporting Windows, in fact, I hate Windows. I prefer OS X by far. My favorite OS has to be Linux, that's the one I use the most, which is also "virus free", but that's not the point here, is it?

You are saying that you aren't bashing Windows, but with that comment, looks like you're contradicting yourself. What I'm trying to prove here is that there are viruses for OS X, opposed to what you previously stated.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Noob here

Does this affect or effect my iphone browser?
    (slightly off topic but i gotta try) how come everytime i download firefox from cydia it crashes? Is that not availble anymore?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeproks77 View Post
    Noob here

Does this affect or effect my iphone browser?
    (slightly off topic but i gotta try) how come everytime i download firefox from cydia it crashes? Is that not availble anymore?
    nope doesn't effect safari on iphone

Quote Originally Posted by jrmiller007 View Post
    ***dude---all this tool steven b does....is go around and post rediculous comments!...he needs to find something else productive to do----> just ignore the little boi!..
    aren't you the guy that kept caps lock on in the "perfect storm 1.0" thread? Most people would notice 3 seconds into typing a response that they're typing all in caps and would go back to retype the response or take off caps lock.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    so firefox, safari or opera

votes?
    I'm wondering the same thing. I primary use safari because it seems to be smoother and faster than firefox. Is opera a better browser than firefox and safari?! Does anyone else find that safari is faster than firefox or am I trippin?!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blueslate View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. I primary use safari because it seems to be smoother and faster than firefox. Is opera a better browser than firefox and safari?! Does anyone else find that safari is faster than firefox or am I trippin?!
    safari is quicker

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast