Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Admits Poor Health | Will Remain CEO

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,278 Times in 652 Posts

Default Steve Jobs Admits Poor Health | Will Remain CEO

Well there has been speculation that Steve has been sick and that is the reason he wont be attending Macworld 09. In classic Apple style no one at Apple has said one thing or the other about Steve's health until today when one of Steve's rare open letters was posted on Apple.com

"Dear Apple Community,

For the first time in a decade, I'm getting to spend the holiday season with my family, rather than intensely preparing for a Macworld keynote.

Unfortunately, my decision to have Phil deliver the Macworld keynote set off another flurry of rumors about my health, with some even publishing stories of me on my deathbed.

I've decided to share something very personal with the Apple community so that we can all relax and enjoy the show tomorrow.

As many of you know, I have been losing weight throughout 2008. The reason has been a mystery to me and my doctors. A few weeks ago, I decided that getting to the root cause of this and reversing it needed to become my #1 priority.

Fortunately, after further testing, my doctors think they have found the cause—a hormone imbalance that has been "robbing" me of the proteins my body needs to be healthy. Sophisticated blood tests have confirmed this diagnosis.

The remedy for this nutritional problem is relatively simple and straightforward, and I've already begun treatment. But, just like I didn't lose this much weight and body mass in a week or a month, my doctors expect it will take me until late this Spring to regain it. I will continue as Apple's CEO during my recovery.

I have given more than my all to Apple for the past 11 years now. I will be the first one to step up and tell our Board of Directors if I can no longer continue to fulfill my duties as Apple's CEO. I hope the Apple community will support me in my recovery and know that I will always put what is best for Apple first.

So now I've said more than I wanted to say, and all that I am going to say, about this.

Steve"

Steve wont be going anywhere and has backing of the Apple Board of Directors which have said that

"As we have said before, if there ever comes a day when Steve wants to retire or for other reasons cannot continue to fulfill his duties as Apple's CEO, you will know it . . . He deserves our complete and unwavering support during his recuperation. He most certainly has that from Apple and its board."

thx for tip hybirdd

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

spacebar75 (01-06-2009), verse (01-05-2009)

Wow, at least its not very serious;from what it seems

......epic

Hopefully Steve recovers well. On to macworld....

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    thx for tip hybirdd
    man, i never get any credit around here.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/member-...emain-ceo.html

press the tips button and shoot us an email and tell us if you have a tip -- cash
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

6. The Following User Says Thank You to billchase2 For This Useful Post:

acascio05 (01-08-2009)

Thanks

sounds like what i got. i eat sooooo much...NEVER gain weight...lol anyways get well steve

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post

im sure cash will change it if he sees that cheers! thanks for posting!
    i hope steve gets better though

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope he gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    sounds like what i got. i eat sooooo much...NEVER gain weight...lol anyways get well steve
    Lucky you, I put on weight like crazy.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 01-05-2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

At least it isn't cancer, that's a good thing.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

This sounds a little hoky to me, but hopefully for his sake this is really what's wrong and he has an easy recovery.

An apple a day, keeps the doctor away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bioshocked View Post
    An apple a day, keeps the doctor away.
    Haha, the irony is great. However, I also hope that for his sake this is real, and that he have an easy recovery.

press the tips button and shoot us an email and tell us if you have a tip -- cash
    you deserve all credit for showing us this =P
    Last edited by ultimatexpka; 01-05-2009 at 05:55 PM.

So then is there really a point in posting anything in the "Member Written iPhone News" forum? I thought the point of that forum was to post news that hadn't made it to the front page yet.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

So then is there really a point in posting anything in the "Member Written iPhone News" forum? I thought the point of that forum was to post news that hadn't made it to the front page yet.
    If you are posting news just to "get credit" maybe you should start your own Apple news site...

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    At least it isn't cancer, that's a good thing.
    Not necessarily... plenty of things worse than some forms of cancer, and vice versa...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 01-05-2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Can't help myself... I just love Steve... LOL there is just something about his style..... hope he recovers quickly and I hope he gains the weight that he needs to... can't wait to see what he looks like when he is over this all....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

cubanoenvegas (01-11-2009)

Default Steves The Best
    Thank god steves the best

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I reckon we should buy him a few large pizzas. Hope he gets better soon

I've always wondered; do you guys reckon Jobs has jailbroken his iPhone? Surely he's at least tried it for himself
    Last edited by UiK; 01-06-2009 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

very sad. steven hope you get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by spizzoof View Post
    Haha, the irony is great. However, I also hope that for his sake this is real, and that he have an easy recovery.
    Well hopefully he has a DFU mode

Green Apple
    Thanks

LOL OMG epic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast