Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Copy Cat Mac: OpeniMac

Green Apple
    Thanks

LOL....good luck going after them in Argentina. Not that Dear Leader won't try, I'm sure. Douchebag.

Thumbs down weak.
    Meh. I have built a Hackintosh computer. It's pretty OK, but it does lack a lot of the "it just works" experience that a true Mac has built-in.

Unless you are good at troubleshooting and/or coding drivers you are at the mercy of the hackintosh community --which may, or may not (mostly not) have any desire to help you out.

For 1200 including a monitor, I'd much rather buy a real iMac and forgo the hassle.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default anyone think this could be a scam ?
    just curious even thought it sounds super cool

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firedog341 View Post
    It's part of Apple's License Agreement that OSX be installed on Apple Hardware. Installing it on anything else even with a valid OSX purchase, still breaks the agreement.
    This is accurate, however with any lawyer (or anyone familiar with the word antitrust for that matter) you could give Apple a run for their money...

Quote Originally Posted by bftiedt View Post
    I hate companies like this.. not for the fact that they are trying to compete with apple but for the fact that somewhere out there you have some one who wants to buy an mac. It could be a young kid who doesnt know what he is buying , or a grandmother or parent who isnt computer savvy and is just trying to buy a grandson , son , or daughter a present so they google mac and the site pops up and they actually think they are buying a mac. I am fine with competing with mac. im actually all for it bc it makes apple try and improve continuously . I just feel bad for the uninformed buyer who is misled by what is actually being sold and when they get it is as well built or nearly as nice.
    Anyone who drops 1grand+ on an item and not know what they are buying is an idiot that deserves it. This thing doesn't claim to be a Mac. If the buyer has ever SEEN a Mac they will know it looks nothing like what these people are offering.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 12-07-2008 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Wow I recently bought a mac and honestly that looks so ugly haha loosers just buy a mac

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nmejunkie View Post
    Wow I recently bought a mac and honestly that looks so ugly haha loosers just buy a mac

ITS NOT ABOUT HOW THINGS LOOK ITS WHAT THEY R CAPABLE OF...

i have 3 alien ware desktop in worst conditions lol the desktops have 3 years old desktop tower cases but inside what counts which i have 790i board n quad core 2.8 n 6 gb ram with 2way sli of 8800 gfx

it look crap on out side but i still kick *** in call of duty 4

and when it comes to mac yes they tried to compact their things n made it smaller n slick designs then any one else but in the end their **** sux to begin with... only thing they can go n cry about is media n graphics which now days windows r way better in it as well if u willing to drop the money in ur windows desktop.

overall for 900 a pre configure hackentosh with no hassle to work on it hrs to get the drivers right n all i guess this s a gud deal. not saying ppl r dumb who buy macs :P but thats how life goes.....
    windows = so many things to offer
    mac = only media n graphics to offer rest they suck windows nuts...
    not only that if u look in new macs they using boot camp so u can install windows os this is so ppl can buy Macs n later can install windows this just so ppl think oh ya finally we can do 2 things yet macs sux to b honest not a single mac pc is run as a server in business world lol all using intel or amd cpus n chipsets none using macs... infact now macs r using intel lol b/c they gave up on their stuff lol
    the only thing ppl buy macs b/c of their compressed designs n i also like em but at the price they come at i rather buy a alien ware laptop lolzz then these crappy macs.

PAKIS-RULEZ: i logged in just so i could say...

PLEASE stop posting things on the internet, until you learn how to not sound like a total imbecile. I'm a windows guy, and I'm sick of people like you giving us a bad name.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by planetarian View Post

PLEASE stop posting things on the internet, until you learn how to not sound like a total imbecile. I'm a windows guy, and I'm sick of people like you giving us a bad name.
    lol
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

lol

Thanks

glad to see it

It's good to have competition. Apple should wake up and finally release it's os for any x86 based system. It would eliminate these smaller companies for the most part and increase their market share significantly. The downside is they'd have the problem that microsft has in supporting tens of thousands of hardware configurations, not to mention, who's going to buy one of apples overpriced desktop/laptop units when avearge joe can build/buy one for 1/2 the price

ehhh, I'm content with my hackentosh

Quote Originally Posted by PAKIS-RULEZ View Post
    ITS NOT ABOUT HOW THINGS LOOK ITS WHAT THEY R CAPABLE OF...

i have 3 alien ware desktop in worst conditions lol the desktops have 3 years old desktop tower cases but inside what counts which i have 790i board n quad core 2.8 n 6 gb ram with 2way sli of 8800 gfx

it look crap on out side but i still kick *** in call of duty 4

and when it comes to mac yes they tried to compact their things n made it smaller n slick designs then any one else but in the end their **** sux to begin with... only thing they can go n cry about is media n graphics which now days windows r way better in it as well if u willing to drop the money in ur windows desktop.

overall for 900 a pre configure hackentosh with no hassle to work on it hrs to get the drivers right n all i guess this s a gud deal. not saying ppl r dumb who buy macs :P but thats how life goes.....
    windows = so many things to offer
    mac = only media n graphics to offer rest they suck windows nuts...
    not only that if u look in new macs they using boot camp so u can install windows os this is so ppl can buy Macs n later can install windows this just so ppl think oh ya finally we can do 2 things yet macs sux to b honest not a single mac pc is run as a server in business world lol all using intel or amd cpus n chipsets none using macs... infact now macs r using intel lol b/c they gave up on their stuff lol
    the only thing ppl buy macs b/c of their compressed designs n i also like em but at the price they come at i rather buy a alien ware laptop lolzz then these crappy macs.
    Yeah My Mac kicks **** On COD4 too it just isnt hooked to a freckin huge tower that has fans louder than ur speakers lol. Sorry apple just makes better computers. And I use windows too all the time and trust me they do crash a lot more

I use windows too but it really does suck macs flow a lot better and i work like three times faster
    Last edited by nmejunkie; 12-08-2008 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nmejunkie View Post
    Yeah My Mac kicks **** On COD4 too it just isnt hooked to a freckin huge tower that has fans louder than ur speakers lol. Sorry apple just makes better computers. And I use windows too all the time and trust me they do crash a lot more
    Nice exaggeration. Too bad that the only decent game you can play is COD4. And too bad that most serious gaming PC's have liquid cooling which isn't louder than anyone's speakers. Don't try and compare laptops to desktops in terms of size, because it makes no sense. You can get a gaming laptop the same size as a macbook. Don't put all PC's under a blanket, saying that Apple make better computers than all of them, because you can easily tear that blanket apart if you build your own PC with top quality components.
    You know, the people who make components for Apple also make components for PC's; you don't hear of an Apple branded graphics card, or Apple RAM, do you?
    Last edited by dale1v; 12-08-2008 at 09:39 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

PAKIS-RULEZ (12-13-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Nice exaggeration. Too bad that the only decent game you can play is COD4. And too bad that most serious gaming PC's have liquid cooling which isn't louder than anyone's speakers. Don't try and compare laptops to desktops in terms of size, because it makes no sense. You can get a gaming laptop the same size as a macbook. Don't put all PC's under a blanket, saying that Apple make better computers than all of them, because you can easily tear that blanket apart if you build your own PC with top quality components.
    You know, the people who make components for Apple also make components for PC's; you don't hear of an Apple branded graphics card, or Apple RAM, do you?

x10202123407234702478

Their cases might "look" nicer (which is pretty objective anyway, different strokes for different folks), but under all that plastic, they're all [pc's and macs] the same... just using a different motherboard.

seriously, if I hear that argument one more time I'm going to kick a kitten in the stomach ("they're built better"...... better than what? a 200.00 emachine?) Stop repeating everything apple spoon feeds you... and it doesn't "just work". Is there an Apple system running a GTX200 series GPU yet? thought so

edit: and with that said, I'm not a mac humper, nor am I a PC humper. I enjoy messing with computers in general as a hobby. I like apple enough to have bought an iphone when they were first released (and now a 3G) as well as taken the time to figure out how to run osx along side vista on my PC. But when people spout advertising slogans as fact, not only is it annoying, but it's also embarrassing as a geek lol
    Last edited by dr.stevil; 12-08-2008 at 11:49 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dr.stevil For This Useful Post:

dale1v (12-08-2008)

I consider myself a windows guy mainly because that's where all my work and gaming gets done. I have something like six windows PCs, one of which dual-boots as a hackintosh, and four laptops, one of which is a macbook air. It's not really that I think Windows is better; but simply, that's where all the applications I need to use are. I might prefer Windows' UI and whatnot, but that's objective to begin with.

I use the macbook air more than my other notebooks because it's the smallest of the bunch (the others being two somewhat heavy 15" systems and a 13" tabletPC which gets almost as much use) and have it set up with vista/OSX in boot camp. I tend to only boot into OSX for working with my iPhone, and occasionally play with garageband (I do a lot of audio work, and while my primary tools are in windows, GB is nice to play with every now and then).

in the meantime, all my real work is done between three windows desktop PCs. one system is dedicated to gaming (having three GTX280s), another dedicated to audio production (with appropriate hardware) and my main PC being general-purpose, with a QX6850, areca RAID controller, 9800GTX... those systems run Vista x64 Ultimate, XP Pro SP3, and Windows 7 x64 build 6801, respectively.

None of my desktops are pre-built. I wouldn't be caught dead buying a prebuilt desktop system, and that goes for macs too. Macs are simply too expensive, and last time I checked their upgradability was somewhat limited. I can easily build a better system for less. That said, I'm glad more companies are starting to release 'unofficial' mac systems, since it gives apple a headache while at the same time helping expand their market share by making it available to people who can't quite afford it as easily (thus giving windows more competition, making MS work harder at improving it). In the meantime, I'd never buy a prebuilt Windows desktop either. Some of the faults with mac hardware tend to apply for Windows systems as well, and often I can built a system that's more attractive, quieter, and more powerful, for less money.

As far as the "It just works" junk goes, sure. Totally. So long as you're playing by Apple's rules, using only Apple-approved hardware, it's *probably* guaranteed that you'll have no issues. Outside of that, you're on your own and chances are It Won't Just Work.

As for reliability, I can't say with absolute certainty, but in my experience the windows machines I've used have been more reliable in general than the Macs I've used. Granted, my Mac exposure is somewhat limited (my hackintosh and Air, and the G5s and G3s that we had when I was in college) but I'd say it's a good-enough selection given how few systems they offer to begin with. In all cases, I've had more crashes and freezes on mac systems than with windows PCs. I'll even go one step further and say that the issues I HAVE had with windows PCs have been due to either bad drivers or faulty hardware, in the majority of cases. A windows-induced failure is a very rare and unusual event.

All that said, I think it goes without saying that if you want a computer for gaming, you won't be buying a mac. Outside that, it's pretty much open for mud-slinging in both directions.

It goes without saying that this is all based on personal experience, and obviously not everyones' experiences have been the same. After all, if they were, we'd all just agree with each other. While I've found Windows PCs to be overall more reliable than the Macs I've used, neither one has been especially troublesome. They both have acceptable reliability, both have their uses, and there's certainly not much ammunition for a debate regarding which is "better".

Just use what you like and stop throwing mud. Chances are, if you have to come up with absurd rationale to justify your choice of computer/OS, then deep down you're not actually confident with your choice to begin with.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to planetarian For This Useful Post:

dale1v (12-08-2008)

Thanks

I consider myself a windows guy mainly because that's where all my work and gaming gets done. I have something like six windows PCs, one of which dual-boots as a hackintosh, and four laptops, one of which is a macbook air. It's not really that I think Windows is better; but simply, that's where all the applications I need to use are. I might prefer Windows' UI and whatnot, but that's objective to begin with.

I use the macbook air more than my other notebooks because it's the smallest of the bunch (the others being two somewhat heavy 15" systems and a 13" tabletPC which gets almost as much use) and have it set up with vista/OSX in boot camp. I tend to only boot into OSX for working with my iPhone, and occasionally play with garageband (I do a lot of audio work, and while my primary tools are in windows, GB is nice to play with every now and then).

in the meantime, all my real work is done between three windows desktop PCs. one system is dedicated to gaming (having three GTX280s), another dedicated to audio production (with appropriate hardware) and my main PC being general-purpose, with a QX6850, areca RAID controller, 9800GTX... those systems run Vista x64 Ultimate, XP Pro SP3, and Windows 7 x64 build 6801, respectively.

None of my desktops are pre-built. I wouldn't be caught dead buying a prebuilt desktop system, and that goes for macs too. Macs are simply too expensive, and last time I checked their upgradability was somewhat limited. I can easily build a better system for less. That said, I'm glad more companies are starting to release 'unofficial' mac systems, since it gives apple a headache while at the same time helping expand their market share by making it available to people who can't quite afford it as easily (thus giving windows more competition, making MS work harder at improving it). In the meantime, I'd never buy a prebuilt Windows desktop either. Some of the faults with mac hardware tend to apply for Windows systems as well, and often I can built a system that's more attractive, quieter, and more powerful, for less money.

As far as the "It just works" junk goes, sure. Totally. So long as you're playing by Apple's rules, using only Apple-approved hardware, it's *probably* guaranteed that you'll have no issues. Outside of that, you're on your own and chances are It Won't Just Work.

As for reliability, I can't say with absolute certainty, but in my experience the windows machines I've used have been more reliable in general than the Macs I've used. Granted, my Mac exposure is somewhat limited (my hackintosh and Air, and the G5s and G3s that we had when I was in college) but I'd say it's a good-enough selection given how few systems they offer to begin with. In all cases, I've had more crashes and freezes on mac systems than with windows PCs. I'll even go one step further and say that the issues I HAVE had with windows PCs have been due to either bad drivers or faulty hardware, in the majority of cases. A windows-induced failure is a very rare and unusual event.

All that said, I think it goes without saying that if you want a computer for gaming, you won't be buying a mac. Outside that, it's pretty much open for mud-slinging in both directions.

It goes without saying that this is all based on personal experience, and obviously not everyones' experiences have been the same. After all, if they were, we'd all just agree with each other. While I've found Windows PCs to be overall more reliable than the Macs I've used, neither one has been especially troublesome. They both have acceptable reliability, both have their uses, and there's certainly not much ammunition for a debate regarding which is "better".

Just use what you like and stop throwing mud. Chances are, if you have to come up with absurd rationale to justify your choice of computer/OS, then deep down you're not actually confident with your choice to begin with.

cheers :tup:

BTW, for a mod that might read this, the OP has a typo. Psystar never made macbook clones AFAIK

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    finally some one understand making own top gaming desktops
    i have 4 fans in my desktop to keep is cool and they don't make too m uch of a noise...

yet now even new alienware laptops are coming small up to 15inch and 1.25 to 1.5 inch thick.... smaller then that its not gud to play game on..
    and they have core 2 extreme cpus in it that puts mac laptops to ZerOOO in price and n slick looks
    mac= only compress
    alienware = small n power n looks n dual gfx now

i just like my facts not saying mac r lamers n will never beat windows.. but ppl who only doing works like Microsoft office or not that much heavy duty work mac is gud for them(but they come at heavy price lol ) but windows hardware rocks baby n cheap price now days toshiba has v thing laptop just like macs i will post the links later i don't have it atm

PAKIS-RULEZ: You're obviously not listening. Where's a cluebat when you need one...

This thing is build in Argentina! Now wonder. I am not surprise at all seeing this kind of thing coming out from this country. These guys will do anything to duplicate anything!
    They even robed the purses to the twin-Bush when they went down there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12