Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: Snow Leopard Due in Q1 2009?

Default Rumor: Snow Leopard Due in Q1 2009?

Jordan Hubbard, Apple's Director of Engineering of Unix Technologies, spoke at LISA 08 (Large Installation System Administration conference) and revealed what could be a target date for Apple to release Snow Leopard in the first quarter of 2009.

The LISA conference is tailored to engineers and system administrators. Hubbard was invited to talk about the evolution of Mac OS X from large servers to embedded platforms. However, one slide of his presentation seems to surprisingly reveal that Snow Leopard (10.6) will be released in Q1 of 2009.

Apple first previewed Snow Leopard at the Worldwide Developers Conference in 2008, and said that Snow Leopard would be available "in about a year." Apple has said that they intend to improve support for multi-core processors and GPU processing in Snow Leopard allowing developers more effectively use them.

Source: Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) Due in Q1 2009? - Mac Forums
    AppleChic

So that means that I should wait a few more months and purchase the new macbook when snow leopard is released, i don't want to have to buy the new OS X, if i can instead by the macbook with snow leopard already installed. SHOULD I or SHOULD I NOT wait?

Thanks

It doesn't cost a lot to upgrade anyway, don't see why this should influence your decision to buy that much
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Around how much does it cost? I don't know because I bought my iMac and even though it had Tiger installed on it, Leopard was just released, so it came with the Leopard installation DVD.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

about $100

Leopard to Snow Leopard.... are they running out of felines? How bout Liger?

cougar is next...maybe...although liger would be the best name.

hope they made it nicer I'm getting bored of the leopard look wonder what snow leopard would look like

LIGER is a must for the future!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ihawk0789 View Post
    hope they made it nicer I'm getting bored of the leopard look wonder what snow leopard would look like
    it will look the same
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Lion, Cougar, Lynx, Liger, Tigon, Bobcat?......

Wonder what they'll invent for Mac OS XI

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

*sigh* clearly not many people actually watched the keynote back in June. Snow Leopard is simply meant to enhance Leopard, and increase its overall stability. It will look the same, but it will run better. That's why it doesn't have a new name.

And just to set the record straight it's Puma, Jaguar, Panther, Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard (10.0 didn't have a codename AFAIK)

EDIT: Oh, and generally OS X updates are $120. Perfectly reasonable if you ask me, unlike certain other software that might be competing with os x...

Quote Originally Posted by WillyDavidK View Post
    *sigh* clearly not many people actually watched the keynote back in June. Snow Leopard is simply meant to enhance Leopard, and increase its overall stability. It will look the same, but it will run better. That's why it doesn't have a new name.

And just to set the record straight it's Puma, Jaguar, Panther, Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard (10.0 didn't have a codename AFAIK)

EDIT: Oh, and generally OS X updates are $120. Perfectly reasonable if you ask me, unlike certain other software that might be competing with os x...
    the origional osx did have a name (public beta) not a feline but still a name

Edit: they were just naming off cats they havent used yet not trying to get a list of previous versions
    Last edited by JStraitiff; 11-23-2008 at 08:05 PM.

is there a emulator like virtual pc on then can i install macos?

somebody know that