Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Apple Ads Attack Microsoft

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple has launched two new TV ads that not only criticize Microsoft for developing a substandard product, but for initiating a 300 million dollar ad campaign to distract from the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone AppleChic's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New Apple Ads Attack Microsoft

Apple has launched two new TV ads that not only criticize Microsoft for developing a substandard product, but for initiating a 300 million dollar ad campaign to distract from the low quality of their operating system.

The two ads began airing this weekend and feature John Hodgman and Justin Long in their regular “I’m a Mac,” and “I’m a PC,” roles, and question Microsoft’s lack of information about their product in their ads.

The first ad, “Bean Counter,” most directly attacks the well-publicized 300 million dollar Microsoft ad campaign. The ad campaign included 10 million just for the ads that featured Jerry Seinfeld.

In the ad the Mac persona accuses the PC persona of putting way more money into advertising their faulty and buggy latest operating system when they should be using that money to fix it.

The second ad “V Word,” attacks Microsoft for not mentioning the word Vista in their pricey ad campaign, as many users have been displeased with it. Rather, Microsoft focuses on building up brand recognition and authority.

It is unknown how these ads directly affect sales, but Microsoft has increasingly accused Apple of successfully convincing the public that Vista is faulty even after Service Pack 1 and other fixes are reported to have fixed many of the problems.

You can watch for yourself [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MimCZikP8cY"]YouTube - Apple "Get a Mac" ad: Bean Counter[/ame] and [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ClenlekME"]YouTube - V Word - NEW Apple get a mac ad[/ame]

The new ads are pretty comical, I have never really used windows at all, so I have no basis to compare faults and attributes of either…I did however catch a few of the Microsoft ads with Jerry Seinfeld in them, one where Seinfeld compared computers to being delicious like cake or something to that tune, to which Gates responded by shaking his rear…yeah all I could say was “Wow,” and had to leave it at that.

Source: AppleInsider | New Apple ads savage Microsoft's $300m Windows campaign
    Last edited by AppleChic; 10-20-2008 at 08:47 PM. Reason: typo
    AppleChic

Green Apple
    Thanks

ive been using vista for almost a year now, and i have yet to see any problems with it.... it flows really easy for me....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alien mars18 For This Useful Post:

evilp8ntballer7 (10-21-2008)

Thanks

will the competition ever end?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Green Apple
    Thanks

these commercials are very low-blow on apples part, it portrays the company to be asshats in my opinion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Otacon132 For This Useful Post:

Emjei (10-22-2008)

Thanks

I thought these commercials were done very well. Its the old I'm a mac, pc ad but it works well. I like a lot of windows products and I have nothing against them I don't really care about vista problems but I just can't stand Steve Ballmer. I was really upset to see Gates hand Microsoft over to him. If the ad upsets Ballmer I'm all for it

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Although Vista is ok now, but Microsoft has horrible quality control... The 360, XP, and Vista come to mind.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon132 View Post
    these commercials are very low-blow on apples part, it portrays the company to be asshats in my opinion.
    I agree totally

10. The Following User Says Thank You to haibane For This Useful Post:

Emjei (10-22-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I love this Ads. There like AT&T Ads.
    Last edited by jibaro3; 10-21-2008 at 06:28 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

Asshats? How long have you been on urban dictionary looking for a word to use? How is it a low-blow? Let me guess, you're a PC and you've been made into a stereotype.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to compton,Tx For This Useful Post:

dale1v (10-21-2008), DiPSET08 (10-20-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

"distract from the low quality of their operating system". LMAO Where do people come up with this *****? Seriously I don't care who ya are, Apple is straight GARBAGE plain and simple, always have always will be. Only reason they are still surviving is because of the ipod and now the iphone! Microsoft has got EVERYTHING locked in! I'm surprised they haven't made a cell phone yet but I guess it's kinda hard to care about making cell phones when they bank roll they way they do. Not like they are hurting for money or anything. I don't know where all this "competition" crap comes from. What's there to compete with? Microsoft dominates the computer world plain and simple. I think that anyone who doesn't know anything about either company and happened to buy an Apple before a PC, they would soon realize what a worthless POS Apple is when they start trying to buy things and realize that NOTHING is compatible with Apple! Just walk into Best Buy, as ****** as best buy is but just take a look at how big the PC section is and then look how tiny the Apple section is.

Look at how stupid some of the ***** apple does. Like what kinda phone these days comes with NO picture messaging capabilities? iPhone anyone? lmao I mean seriously how friggin stupid some of the crap apple does. Yeah XP and Vista might have some issues but are you kidding me, I don't think people even realize the zillion lines of code that even goes into an operating system. Not to mention that the amount of **** that Vista and XP is compatible with. Of course there's gonna be bugs to work out and issues every now and again. That's what Microsoft Update is for! Only reason Mac OSX might be less buggy is because it is barely compatible with ANYTHING! It's like comparing a Vespa Scooter to a NASA Space Shuttle, of course the Vespa is gonna be more reliable cause it doesn't do anything lol!
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 10-20-2008 at 10:24 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DSMKilla For This Useful Post:

Emjei (10-22-2008), isaiahawk (10-21-2008), ron4543 (10-21-2008)

Thanks

and here we are again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok DSMKilla, You make no valid remarks in your entry, therefore we award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to compton,Tx For This Useful Post:

Broomhead (10-21-2008), Poseidon79 (10-20-2008), zoolander369 (10-21-2008)

Thanks

haha, neither did you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

@DSMKilla: They do have a phone. It's called Windows Mobile. They don't make the device, but then again they don't make their computers. So technically they do have a phone.

Awhile I agree Mac does run better than Vista, there aren't that much problems with Vista anymore. It runs pretty smoothly and I like it. I do find these ads funny though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

haha golden. I use both and always will

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

BOTH! I use XP though on my CUSTOM BUILT PC. (A store bought is worthless) I used Vista for 6 months and went back and I am much happier with the stability and most importantly the wireless internet. I used a Macbook for a while and now have the Air and LOVE it. I think both have their strengths.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I use Windows and Mac.

Windows has its flaws.
    Mac has its flaws.

Nothing in this world is PERFECT.

Lot's of Apple's products aren't so hot. They shouldn't be giving low-blow commercials like that towards PC. Come on! A lot of Apple employees use ZUNE players.

Take the brand new Macbooks for example. They aren't SO "PERFECT."

The glass screen is fused with the LCD display: That means if you crack the glass panel, you'll have to replace the actual display, too. Say buh-buy to four or five C-notes.

"Unibody" design means no individual (and thus, replaceable) panels: As we learned on Tuesday, the new MacBook casings are carved out of a single piece of aluminium—great in terms of structural integrity, bad if you happen to dent the thing, which means you'd have to replace the entire assembly.

Tough-to-fix keyboard: As CrunchGear points out, teardown analysis of the new MacBook keypad revealed that it contains a whopping 56-plus screws, taking a good 15 minutes to remove. Don't even think of eating a muffin while you type.

Thanks

uncalled for? There was nothing uncalled for in it, in fact, it wasn't negative at all.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to 461am For This Useful Post:

ron4543 (10-21-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

apple is just like pepsi, pepsi doesnt promote its product it just attacks the competition, apple is such a smug company, lets talk about how safari crashes on the iphone all the time, and how slow it is to open any program, and how the iphone works nothing like the "screen shots" in its ads. people will believe anything thats on TV to be true.

microsoft should come back with and ad that says: did you know that 95% of businesses in the entire world run on windows?
    Last edited by bagek; 10-20-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

27. The Following User Says Thank You to bagek For This Useful Post:

ron4543 (10-21-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dangerousandre's Avatar
    Thanks

This is all pretty dumb... Apple uses Microsoft products and I bet Microsoft uses Apple products for some random things... Why can't apple stop these lame attacks and live happily ever after...