Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Macbook Pro Updated. More Power. Better Graphics.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

Default Macbook Pro Updated. More Power. Better Graphics.

A new Macbook Pro is now available bringing some nice updates to the top-of-the-line Apple notebook. It is made with the same "Brick" manufacturing process as it's younger brother the Macbook. Other updates include some GPU upgrades via NVIDIA and the awesome LED backlit display allowing you to go from off to full brightness clarity as soon as you turn on the computer. The processor recieved a minor update in the top 15" version putting it at 2.53 GHz.

Base 15"
    -Price $1999
    -Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
    -15-inch widescreen (LED)
    -2GB Memory
    -250GB hard drive1
    -NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 256MB

[B]Loaded 15"[B]
    -Price $2499
    -Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz
    -15-inch widescreen (LED)
    -4GB Memory
    -320GB hard drive1
    -NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB

[via apple]

too expensive for me >.<

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

two expense for anyone

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

The best deal (even though it is still REALLY expensive) is the "loaded" version of the Macbook (not pro)... you get the same as the base verion of the Macbook pro (minus the graphics card, but honestly who cares, that card isn't worth 400 bucks LOL) Yeah I guess the screen is bigger too, but it is WAY more portable to go with a 13 inch screen. I just wish I could get the 2.4ghz processor without the added hard drive space and RAM because I could buy all that other stuff and upgrade myself for under what they charge (300 bucks extra)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I hate the new MacBooks. Black and silver ... wtf.

I AM NOT DIGGING THE NEW DESIGN.. you know what it looks like? Sony's macbook wanna be.. the N series

Quote Originally Posted by xjuliephanx View Post
    i am not digging the new design.. You know what it looks like? Sony's macbook wanna be.. The n series

haha! Very true!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

oh noes! Apple is straying from white? LOL
    And what makes the n series a macbook wannabe? If it was out before the new macbook shouldn;t it be the other way around? LOL
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I really like the way it looks. Lately i was considering to buy a Mac to replace my old PC, but honestly im not sure if i will, prices for laptops and full size computes from Apple are just way tooooooo steep. ahhh we'll see what happens

Not much difference. I'd rather stay with my "old" 2.4 Macbook pro.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ckybam69's Avatar
    Thanks

way tooooo expensive. i got a hp with 2.26 duo and the 9600 mgt 512 for 1k. mac is way to steep but i love their stuff. their comps just need to come down in price before i buy one. until then ill stick with vista

I would be so interested in this, if i was rich but again like many others have stated the price is so high. The laptop i just bought last week cost me $1100 with the same specs as apples $2500 macbook cost. I would need for them to justify the $1400 premium for there laptop.

i realllllly need to upgrade, as i'm still on a 17" 1.67 ghz powerbook g4. i'm a photographer, video editor, and designer... so this thing just isn't cutting it anymore. unfortunately, these prices are a bit steep for me (i'm finishing up grad school)... so i've got to start making some decisions.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Wow......... am kinda disappointed in the prices.... can't believe it myself... I thought they would go down at bit.......wonder how many they will sell at those prices in times like this? As what someone else stated in a different thread... people will buy the other brand laptops that they can afford.....

I dont know if there's a Sony Computer which looks like the Macbook or if it came first...The subliminal messages from Apple hit me harder and that's what I will buy..LOL..Also, Even if it looks like another computer, Apple will give their personal touch to make the design UNIQUE!!..

UPDATE it's not 2.53ghz anymore, its 2.8ghz now at $2499

The only way that this MacBook would be great is if it doesn't cause so much heat so that I could use it on my lap. No need to upgrade from my MacBook Pro that I already have.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

come on people stop complaining about the price
    it's only $2k which is the same as the previous version of the MB Pro
    My question is, could those that just bought a MB Pro, turn in the one bought for the new one?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungHustla View Post
    come on people stop complaining about the price
    it's only $2k which is the same as the previous version of the MB Pro
    My question is, could those that just bought a MB Pro, turn in the one bought for the new one?
    Of course not
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

ahhhhhhh i know this is just how technology progresses but i would KILL for 4 gigs of ram in my mbp, something that isn't even possible now. twice as much memory, twice as much HD space and a great graphics chipset? damn...

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

its time to take the plunge from windows to mac. I went to an apple store the other day and looked at the macs there and i was blown away, i think its time to get one. I guess i know where my tax return money is going lol
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast