Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New MackBooks! Hello, Aluminum.

Green Apple
    Thanks

how long is do you have return your mac book? i bought mine about 2 months ago... ? I'm just fine with this one, but a new one would sure be nice...

Too expensive still. I was hoping for ALL black MBP. They only make laptops for the rich. Apple never thinks about us other people who can't afford.

Thanks

Right now I can't find a job, and I have nothing of great value to sell in order to buy one of these.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

The cheapest new 13 inch MacBook here in UK is 949 which is around $1800
    Toooooooo expensive. Pleaseeee load trial software on it and make it cheap to compete with PC's, I wouldn't mind about the trial crap loaded on it.
    Don't more programs run on Windows anyway! Pretty pointless to buy a Mac to dualboot it to run Windows. For that price you can get top of the range PC with a lot better hardware specs.

Vista is actually good, it doesn't suck!!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

In these tough economic times, Apple needs to be careful in how they market their new notebooks. at $1300 before student discounts, this is not in any way a "value computer". For a guy that just came out of public university last year (graduated ), when I bought my black macbook on my student loan 2 years ago, some saw me as "elitist". As crappy as they are, a $500 laptop is very tempting to people that do not have the money or even no Job, but need to run the internet and office. This laptop is awesome, the improved graphics and construction makes me wish this was out when i was in school. But, the bottom line is in tough economic times, even by "elitist" (saying that in a sarcastic tone) apple standards, this is a medium line notebook and there exists a void in lower cost notebooks by apple. I am proud that apple is at it's largest market share since the 80s. But not having a $800-1000 notebook right now will hurt them in the long run! Ill be falling on the flooor laughing when the next mac mini is 1000$
    Dear iPhone 3.0.
    Please keep me from buying a Palm Pre.

Thanks,
    GLOD!

How common are DV camcorders?
    Well, Apple just prevented that people owing one will buy a new MacBook!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GLOD! View Post
    In these tough economic times, Apple needs to be careful in how they market their new notebooks. at $1300 before student discounts, this is not in any way a "value computer".
    Everyone seems to forget they still have the white macbook which dropped to $1000 and some change. The error here (I think) is in the naming of the product. The "new" macbook is more like the pro (minus the additional graphics card) There is nothing forcing you to get the newer model, they will still continue to ship and produce the older model for you to buy for $1000. If you cannot afford the newer one, buy the older one. The issue you (and many other people are having) is that the older one looks like, well, the OLDER one, and nobody wants that.

Look at the materials used and production process (and the "green" view of production) This is what is costing so much money. Recycling and thinking green costs alot more than just making a bunch of waste to toss in a landfill. I honestly see it as Apple taking the next step (which other companies will have to do) in producing less waste and chemicals. If we keep polutiing and wasting product like we do now... there is trouble in our future.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

im pretty upset cuz i just purchased a MacBook on Sept. 24, 2008 and my 14day return policy just expired not to long ago. Im going down there today to see if i can trade mine in and just pay the 10% restocking fee and the extra $300 for the new one... Hope they do it... It's not like there losing money
    "Search" is your friend

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Everyone seems to forget they still have the white macbook which dropped to $1000 and some change. The error here (I think) is in the naming of the product. The "new" macbook is more like the pro (minus the additional graphics card) There is nothing forcing you to get the newer model, they will still continue to ship and produce the older model for you to buy for $1000. If you cannot afford the newer one, buy the older one. The issue you (and many other people are having) is that the older one looks like, well, the OLDER one, and nobody wants that.

Look at the materials used and production process (and the "green" view of production) This is what is costing so much money. Recycling and thinking green costs alot more than just making a bunch of waste to toss in a landfill. I honestly see it as Apple taking the next step (which other companies will have to do) in producing less waste and chemicals. If we keep polutiing and wasting product like we do now... there is trouble in our future.
    Apple had the eMac available for sale on its website store a few months after they removed it from their flagship apple stores and educational outlets. This is all too familiar.
    Dear iPhone 3.0.
    Please keep me from buying a Palm Pre.

Thanks,
    GLOD!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple had the eMac available for sale on its website store a few months after they removed it from their flagship apple stores and educational outlets. This is all too familiar.
    At which point they will either:
    a) release a new $1000-ish notebook
    b) drop the price of their current notebooks
    c) FAIL

My feeling is that Apple employs economists with skill superior to that which we, in these forums, have...
    I doubt they would go and say (out cheapest notebook is $1500+ FOREVER so deal with it) Obviously they are testing the market with a new product here. This product just doesn't happen to be one for those on a strict budget.

For the record I was just as upset as you with these prices, but I highly doubt this is a new trend we will se with Appl, $1300 being their cheapest notebook for good... If so, well, we can laugh at the stupidity of that decision!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Ill be falling on the flooor laughing when the next mac mini is 1000$
    the ONLY reason why this won't be a reality is because instead of insulting their consumers (..MORE that is), they'll just do away with the mini completely. come on. I think we've all seen it coming for a long time. then, a couple years from now, they'll come back out with something like the mini, but it will be the size of an ipod. thats just my theory.

and also, am the ONLY one thinking it:
    "wait wait, let me get this straight. multitouch glass trackpads, with no button. but its NOT a tiny touch LCD??" infinite sad faces for that one
    Last edited by b3nny; 10-16-2008 at 10:32 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12