+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Announcement and More Leaked Photos!

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    iPhone? More like MyPhone AppleChic's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Announcement and More Leaked Photos!

Apple just sent out an invite to a media event being held October 14th, at 10 AM PST at their headquarters in Cupertino…The only words on the invite, “The spotlight turns to notebooks.” Vague words, but most definitely indicative of some new and exciting change for MacBooks!

Recently, new photos have leaked that supposedly show possible new brick casing. According to experts familiar with up and coming MacBook designs, an earlier photo of what has been labeled as a MacBook Pro with casing carved out of a single block of Aluminum using a new and revolutionary manufacturing process, does not whatsoever indicate brick casing.

However, three new photos released by Apple.Pro show clearer shots of what may be brick casing. These photos have not yet been authenticated by experts, but they do provide a clearer picture of what looks like may be a MacBook carved out of a single piece of aluminum. But really, who knows? Here are the new photos:

Regardless if these leaked photos show whether or not Apple is going to release MacBook Pros with revolutionary brick casing, experts say the photos that have so far been authenticated suggest that the new MacBook Pros will incorporate elements already in use in the MacBook Air, such as the nicer keyboard that contains individual key containers carved out of an Aluminum sheet. However, this is not new as it has been in use with the manufacturing of MacBook Airs and the 13 inch Plastic MacBooks for a quite some time now.

I do not know what it is Apple has in store, of course I am hoping for some sort of awesome revolutionary brick casing, but don’t have my hopes held too high. I am expecting more MacBook Air components intertwined into the new MacBooks though…either way I will be buying one of these new MacBook Pros as I have been holding out for October 14th for quite sometime, and will be finally getting rid of my incredibly archaic iBook G4! So I am excited no matter what Apple reveals.

Source: AppleInsider.com and Macrumors.com
    AppleChic

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AppleChic For This Useful Post:

ddfilms (10-09-2008), enjoi4586 (10-09-2008), oliverhart77 (10-09-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

no speaker grill?

Green Apple
    Thanks

now let's hope sub-$1,000 is in the cards.
    Face it, everyone wants a mac. If apple would sell a mid-range laptop/netbook closer to $500.00, I think they would take over the market. Apples high priced machines are basically the only thing keeping Dell in business.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to oliverhart77 For This Useful Post:

b3nny (10-10-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure the new (tiny) leaked pics are of the new macbook (not pro). At least the one showing the keyboard and trackpad casing. It looks roughly the same size as the macbook 13" i'm typing this on right now, and as the first poster mentioned, lacks speaker grills like the current macbooks (speaker grills are on the rear of the macbooks, by the lcd hinge). This would potentially confirm the rumor that plastic is out the window!

Green Apple
    Thanks

only a few more days!

Thanks

Awesssome I need a new Mac NOW!
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mars478 For This Useful Post:

OneRing2Rule (10-11-2008)

Thanks

>>>>Visualizes glass video touchpad<<<<<

I really hope Apple has something tricky up their sleeve for the new MBPs. I've been thinking about the possibility of a dynamic iphone-like touchpad for a while now. I hope the new MBPs are updated with more than just cosmetic and incremental hw upgrades. We need something to shake-up the market!!

In any case, my business needs a new laptop soon, so I'll probably end up buying a new MBP regardless. I'm just hoping for something BIG.
    ================================
    Happily hacking my iPhone since 1.0

Don't forget, it is polite to say Thank you!
    ================================

Thanks

Eff yes! I will be in line at the apple store almost immediately! Then I can finally get rid of my MBP I have almost had for a year!

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm so getting one of these.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

Sorry maybe im dumb, what's so special about this laptop? It's running on Mac OS, the keyboard looks just the same as other laptop out in the market, it's not small size, or big size compare to other, function probably the same, and it's probably more expensive.

Take a look at Acer Aspire 6920, it has finger print utility, nice control panel on the side for music and movie control, rich sound, great video card (must have for playing games), and awesome spec.

I am not trying to advertise, that's what my girl friend owned and i think it's awesome for the price (she bought it for $799 + tax). I just want to know what's so superior with this Mac Book Pro?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if its not real , the leaked top view could be macbook air casing (not the side views) the bevel around the keyboard the size of the keypad not having a speaker grill etc i think they disassambled a macbook pro and an air and took these shots (side views from pro and top view from air). also look at the indentation near the edge under the trackpad its the same as macbook airs
    Last edited by zagorzagor; 10-09-2008 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks

Thats a macBook not the pro. Well Im guessing.
    MyPhone is better than yours

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by powa View Post
    Sorry maybe im dumb, what's so special about this laptop? It's running on Mac OS, the keyboard looks just the same as other laptop out in the market, it's not small size, or big size compare to other, function probably the same, and it's probably more expensive.

Take a look at Acer Aspire 6920, it has finger print utility, nice control panel on the side for music and movie control, rich sound, great video card (must have for playing games), and awesome spec.

I am not trying to advertise, that's what my girl friend owned and i think it's awesome for the price (she bought it for $799 + tax). I just want to know what's so superior with this Mac Book Pro?
    if you dont know, then you obviously have never owned a Mac.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kitsune's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryantron View Post
    if you dont know, then you obviously have never owned a Mac.
    This is the first time I have ever been unsure of where to start discussing something... Too many starting points!

Thanks

CNC machining with lathes and water jets is not a "new and revolutionary manufacturing process". They have been used for over a decade.

Hell, people use them to make paintball guns out of blocks of aluminum everday.

Get off Apples nuts.

I mean I LOVE Apple just as much as the next person. I have an iPhone, MacBook and an aluminum iMac... I REALLY love them. But this is far from new technology.

Now Apple might be the first ones to do this, if this is indeed what it is. I will concede to that. And if they use aluminum, that actually opens up more doors. Depended on what grade they use that is. Say they used 4140 or better, they could do a nice anodization job on the casing, and then have it laser engraved with some cool apple effects.

For examples of great ano jobs with laser engravings check this place out ODDguns Gallery: Index

I believe you can actually get the back of a 1st gen iPhone ano'd.

Anyway....end rant/

iPhone? More like MyPhone ckybam69's Avatar
    Thanks

bring the price down on those macs and then they would own much more of the market but until then the average joe personal user will not be buying them unless they have a reason. either way im sure whatever apple unveils it will be sick

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i've always wanted a mac, but the ones that didn't have the POS integrated graphics we're out of my price range (that is considering what you get, and further that i don't need half of the crap in a macbook pro).

hopefully they figure out something good in the little macbooks with even a simple nVidia setup.. i'd be happy.. and in line at my local apple store.

any news on when they'll actually go on the market? or is it supposed to be literally october 14th? b/c it seems like it's just the date of the announcement.

i can see it now:
    "our new macbooks! ... available in november! ............ 2009" <.< SH_T!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oliverhart77 View Post
    Face it, everyone wants a mac. If apple would sell a mid-range laptop/netbook closer to $500.00, I think they would take over the market. Apples high priced machines are basically the only thing keeping Dell in business.
    A LOT of Apple'd pricing has to do with thefact they don;t "sell out" and allow preloaded crap like AOL trials, internet security trials, email trials, etc. from other companies. This is why Dell can afford to sell their systems for so cheap... these companies offset production costs essentially through advertisement. Personally I wish Apple would just do it, thus enabling us to buy cheap systems. I mean how hard is it, really, to load a fresh copy of OSX? First thing any sensible person does with a PC laptop is use the serial number provided and install a fresh copy of Windows to get rid of all this rubbsih.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oliverhart77 View Post
    Sorry can't agree there!

I have had both PC and Mac and my latest laptop , a Dell XPS 1330, is way better then the current Mac alternative.

I do however like my iMac desktop, but I'm now seriously looking at an XPS One. (again the spec way out does the current offerings from Mac).

I was never a Dell fan in the past but they certainly have changed their ways and have a lot to offer right now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jiniej's Avatar
    Thanks

I have had both PC and Mac and my latest laptop , a Dell XPS 1330, is way better then the current Mac alternative.

I do however like my iMac desktop, but I'm now seriously looking at an XPS One. (again the spec way out does the current offerings from Mac).

I was never a Dell fan in the past but they certainly have changed their ways and have a lot to offer right now.
    um....
    no
    "foreign corporations > swedish law"