Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Photo Leaked of Possible Brick Casing!

Default New Photo Leaked of Possible Brick Casing!

There supposedly has been a new picture of the speculated brick casing for the new MacBooks leaked! The picture was originally posted on a Chinese forum. The brick casing of course refers to the new MacBooks potentially being carved out of one big piece of Aluminum. It has been acknowledged that if the new MacBooks were to have this brick casing, Apple would have a definitive competitive and technical advantage over other notebook manufacturers.

However, this is of course all just speculation. After all just days ago, 9to5Mac, finally put an end to all the brick casing rumors citing the statements of Peter Oppenheimer. They said that the brick casing is simply the new manufacturing process and not casing on MacBooks carved out of a single piece of metal using lasers and water jets.

Still, this new photo sure does have the appearance of being carved out of one large piece of Aluminum. It looks like the casing on a MacBook Pro, but without the welding of the parts…although it is pretty difficult to tell exactly what we are looking at. I guess well all just have to make our own judgments about whether the photo is legitimate or not. Oh well, less than a week to go until everyone will hopefully know exactly what Apple has up its sleeve for the new MacBooks!

Source: macrumors.com, originally from Chinese website: http://www.elesson.com.cn/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleChic For This Useful Post:

enjoi4586 (10-09-2008)

Thanks

they never are.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

i wish there were more pics

Speaker holes are not in keeping with usual make style so I call fake

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i dont know about the macbook, but Apple Chic is pretty hot

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iMacMar For This Useful Post:

Revenger92 (10-09-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

they are coming in 6 days... why are we drooling over blurry pictures?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Who cares? My macbook pro pwns

......epic

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mtwiford For This Useful Post:

Revenger92 (10-09-2008)

I just don't get how mac fans ge so giddy over the most trivial parts of the machine. Form ALWAYS comes after function. Even with a shiny new case you're still stuck with the most illogical operating system ever designed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fuckitunes View Post
    I just don't get how mac fans ge so giddy over the most trivial parts of the machine. Form ALWAYS comes after function. Even with a shiny new case you're still stuck with the most illogical operating system ever designed.
    Very, very, very bad move. Brace yourself for a whole world of flame.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Wait, whats so illogical about the OSX? Being a PC user for like 10 years, and finally getting a macbook, I already favor my macbook over my PC with its quad core 3ghz... If you ask me, windows is illogical. Such as why should you have to pay for an upgrade in the operating system? Apple users dont have to pay for operating system upgrades. And all the messy commands and prompts to uninstall a program? Also the fact that windows can only use 3.3 gigs of ram at most, even if you have 4 gigs of ram, if you have windows you can kiss the other .7 gigs of ram good bye... sounds more illogical to have windows then osx. Anyways, i know someone is going to probably end up responding a defence to windows like always and itll go on and on. So to cut to the chase of the topic:

Pic seems fake, like previously stated, it would cost more for the production to have a solid brick of aluminum carved for every macbook. "Brick" is just the technology used for the production of the new macbooks. Studying for an engineer and learning about a life cycle assessment, aluminum costs a ridiculous amount to manufacture. The only benefit you get from it is that it can be almost entirely recycled. So the product itself would be higher in price, but apple's objective is to lower the price of the macbook not increase it, therefore that pick is probably a fake and the "brick" is most likely just a technological advancement.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've never understood this. If you decided you were going to leak a picture, why the hell would you pick the worst angle possible, showing hardly anything useful. It almost looks like someone just bumped their camera phone and emailed to someone by accident.

I say fake just because of the sheer impracticality of the photo.

Oh, and Fear1508, I would save your breath. He obviously just said that to prod us "fanbois" and see what kind of reaction he could get. No sense trying to 'prove' how much better os x actually is, just ignore him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fear1508 View Post
    If you ask me, windows is illogical. Such as why should you have to pay for an upgrade in the operating system? Apple users dont have to pay for operating system upgrades. And all the messy commands and prompts to uninstall a program? Also the fact that windows can only use 3.3 gigs of ram at most, even if you have 4 gigs of ram, if you have windows you can kiss the other .7 gigs of ram good bye... sounds more illogical to have windows then osx.
    You have your facts slightly mixed up...
    1.) When have you EVER had to pay for a Windows Update? (I assume you meant UPDATE and NOT UPGRADE becaus eyou most certainly have to pay to UPGRADE OSX too such as going from OS 10.5 to 10.6) AND I will point out that the difference between OSX upgrades PALES in comparison to Windows upgrades. I have never had to pay (I am a REALLY AWESOME person so MS might just realize I am THAT special)

2.) Command prompts to uninstall programs? Control panel > Programs and Features > click on program name and then click uninstall. Please explain what programs you need command prompts for...

3.) 3.3 gigs of ram when you have 4 gigs? Get Vista 64 bit... you will no longer have an issue (it will support 128 gigs)

For a guy who claims to have a 3ghz quad (I assume it is overclocked since a 3ghz quad isn't even on the market) you SURE know very little about PCs (judging strictly by your posts here). Quite frankly almost nothing you said was relevant at all... sounded like it came straight from a Mac ad... Macs are great, I love mine. But I love my PC too. As a man who has been using PCs for 10+ years I would expect you to get your facts straight
    Last edited by sziklassy; 10-09-2008 at 02:16 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

You don't use command prompts to uninstall programs on OS X. You either drag them into appzapper and press ONE button, or you just drag them into trash.

Vista x64 has about as much support for programs as Hitler did from the Allies.
    Last edited by dale1v; 10-09-2008 at 04:15 AM.
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    You don't use command prompts to uninstall programs on OS X. You either drag them into appzapper and press ONE button, or you just drag them into trash.

Vista x64 has about as much support for programs as Hitler did from the Allies.
    oh? What issues have you had? I am running Vista 64 with no problems... In fact it is my gaming rig that I run Vista x64 on. Either way it is the PROGRAM made for the OS not the OS made for the program. And nobody said you use command prompts to install/delete on OSX... you need to read more clearly Mr. mod

Thanks

Not my fault I'm trying to sneak some MMi hours in at school and not reading and studying like I should
    Last edited by dale1v; 10-09-2008 at 04:28 AM.
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

SSSSTTTUUUUDDDYYYYYY it's good for you

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Very, very, very bad move. Brace yourself for a whole world of flame.
    LOL I just snorted frosted mini wheats through my nose. Funny, but painful. hehehe
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

Perhaps Vista 64 users dont need support, perhaps they just man up and fix the problem themselves before crying to tech support?

........... lol, dont take that seriously, but you all know nobody's going to win this battle. To each his own, leave it at that and lets all chill out, k?
    Lets get back on topic please, applechic is totally hawt rite guyzz?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    Lets get back on topic please, applechic is totally hawt rite guyzz?
    Errrr... ther eis a guy in the picture with her, don;t want him to think I am hitting on her or anything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast