Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Photo Leaked of Possible Brick Casing!

Thanks

lol when I meant support I meant compatibility, never mind now
    Last edited by dale1v; 10-09-2008 at 06:27 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fear1508 View Post
    Wait, whats so illogical about the OSX? Being a PC user for like 10 years, and finally getting a macbook, I already favor my macbook over my PC with its quad core 3ghz... If you ask me, windows is illogical. Such as why should you have to pay for an upgrade in the operating system? Apple users dont have to pay for operating system upgrades. And all the messy commands and prompts to uninstall a program? Also the fact that windows can only use 3.3 gigs of ram at most, even if you have 4 gigs of ram, if you have windows you can kiss the other .7 gigs of ram good bye... sounds more illogical to have windows then osx. Anyways, i know someone is going to probably end up responding a defence to windows like always and itll go on and on. So to cut to the chase of the topic:

Pic seems fake, like previously stated, it would cost more for the production to have a solid brick of aluminum carved for every macbook. "Brick" is just the technology used for the production of the new macbooks. Studying for an engineer and learning about a life cycle assessment, aluminum costs a ridiculous amount to manufacture. The only benefit you get from it is that it can be almost entirely recycled. So the product itself would be higher in price, but apple's objective is to lower the price of the macbook not increase it, therefore that pick is probably a fake and the "brick" is most likely just a technological advancement.
    U ARE WRONG...IF YOU HAVE A 64-Bit system with a 64-Bit VISTA OS like i do...u can use all 4gb of RAM(I DO)...they both have there fatal error...however WINDOWS is BETTER...depending on what your doing and your COMPUTER KNowledge...its safe to SAY that if you're on this site...you have an ABOVE AVERAGE UNDERSTANDING of COMPUTERS....MAC OSX is like AOL is WAS to INTERNET...They hide the secrets...keep it basic & Allow u to see what is necessary that is why for the most part...in terms of MEDIA...MAC OS is more reliable n stable...there are really kno UN-NECESSARY processes running while CREATING...hoWEVER...POUND FOR POUND...NO MAC HAS BEATEN a PC on SPEED & SPECS & YET....I HAVE Both a PC & A MAC BOOK PRO in my studio & the MAC BOOK WUZ initially PURCHASED because i was told i needed it & for PROTOOLS....Lets not loose our heads...MAC BOOKS are "PRETTY"...n the OSX is "CUTE"..& VISTA windows ATTEMPT to MOCK THEM hasnt been exactly full proof but lets not get ahead of OURSELVES...PC's STILL PACK THE POWER...that is WHY APPLE has been GRADUALLY incorporating more PC-STANDARD PARTS...(INTEL DUO & QUAD CORES)...MAC IS OVER-PRICED for the basic HARDWARE U PAY FOR...YOU ARE PAYING for the OSX which shouldnt be worth that MUCH

Thanks

dude, the caps lock, lol!
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

this is fun to watch.. i'm biased cuz i only own a PC, but i must say that everything about the macs and OSX seem enticing.. i think the main difference is primarily gaming?

am i way off on that? - i dont even know. but what i had heard, perhaps it was even posted here, was that: those windows attack ads at mac (the mimicking of the stereotypes and whatnot) were made using a mac :]

PC - game
    MAC - editing software

obviously it boils down to a lot more than that, but being as i'm not gonna argue for either side, that's what it looks like to me..

just my .02 :]

quick thing- this isn't to say macs can't game, or PCs can't edit videos, so chutta.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

first their is a seam between the keyboard part and the side where the ports are. second this is gloss white. it does not support the idea that it is aluminum or all one piece.

not news.

also, macs PWN pc's.

owned both.
    still do.

pc owners will always support and love pc, until they switch.
    mac owners would never switch, and if they did, they would switch back.
    i have used pc for 13 years.
    took me half of that to really feel "comfortable" working with a pc (maintanance, upgrading hardware/software, troubleshooting, optimizing) its a huge pain.
    got a mac, took me less than 3 hours to:
    set up the mac,
    connect to the net,
    download and install ALL the same apps i used on pc,(with very few exceptions)
    become completely comfortable with the os enough to move my users folder, change icons, setup remote connections, etc.

I WILL NEVER GO BACK!!!
    Last edited by tattoojack; 10-09-2008 at 09:29 AM.

More pics that look just like the pic we saw in the 1st post...

Flame I can easily take being content that I use a far more customizable and functional operating system. Love my iPhone, loathe Apple/OSX with a passion. iTunes especially makes absolutely no sense and doesn't go by any of the standards as far as ID3 tagging and what not. OSX is the only operating system I've seen where dragging files to a folder icon actually instead copies them to the folder that icon is in. Drag and drop always works much more efficently and logically in windows for me. Oh and I'm a gamer, but no, I don't use windows for gaming, linux only for that.

Quote Originally Posted by teflon252 View Post
    U ARE WRONG...IF YOU HAVE A 64-Bit system with a 64-Bit VISTA OS like i do...u can use all 4gb of RAM(I DO)...they both have there fatal error...however WINDOWS is BETTER...depending on what your doing and your COMPUTER KNowledge...its safe to SAY that if you're on this site...you have an ABOVE AVERAGE UNDERSTANDING of COMPUTERS....MAC OSX is like AOL is WAS to INTERNET...They hide the secrets...keep it basic & Allow u to see what is necessary that is why for the most part...in terms of MEDIA...MAC OS is more reliable n stable...there are really kno UN-NECESSARY processes running while CREATING...hoWEVER...POUND FOR POUND...NO MAC HAS BEATEN a PC on SPEED & SPECS & YET....I HAVE Both a PC & A MAC BOOK PRO in my studio & the MAC BOOK WUZ initially PURCHASED because i was told i needed it & for PROTOOLS....Lets not loose our heads...MAC BOOKS are "PRETTY"...n the OSX is "CUTE"..& VISTA windows ATTEMPT to MOCK THEM hasnt been exactly full proof but lets not get ahead of OURSELVES...PC's STILL PACK THE POWER...that is WHY APPLE has been GRADUALLY incorporating more PC-STANDARD PARTS...(INTEL DUO & QUAD CORES)...MAC IS OVER-PRICED for the basic HARDWARE U PAY FOR...YOU ARE PAYING for the OSX which shouldnt be worth that MUCH
    Thank you, I've been trying to get those FACTS to all my mac fanboy friends for years. OSX is exactly what you said it is, the AOL of operating systems. Apple keeps to much stuff hidden, the error messages are absolutely meaningless. If you use OSX in the one specific way apple designed and wants you too it is fine. If you want to make it more personal or don't think in the way it works you get ******. Windows offers a far more personal and customizable computing experience than OSX does.

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    first their is a seam between the keyboard part and the side where the ports are. second this is gloss white. it does not support the idea that it is aluminum or all one piece.

not news.

also, macs PWN pc's.

owned both.
    still do.

pc owners will always support and love pc, until they switch.
    mac owners would never switch, and if they did, they would switch back.
    i have used pc for 13 years.
    took me half of that to really feel "comfortable" working with a pc (maintanance, upgrading hardware/software, troubleshooting, optimizing) its a huge pain.
    got a mac, took me less than 3 hours to:
    set up the mac,
    connect to the net,
    download and install ALL the same apps i used on pc,(with very few exceptions)
    become completely comfortable with the os enough to move my users folder, change icons, setup remote connections, etc.

I WILL NEVER GO BACK!!!
    Sounds like you just need to have things done for you too much. PC maintence is much easier than on a Mac because it is down to the base level. Macs do far to much for you behind the scenes. If something goes wrong on my machine I want to know where and with what so I can fix it. Macs don't let loose that info very easily. Fact still remains everything you do on your mac I can do on my PC and much faster. CS3 runs perfect on my XP machine, AVID still runs supperior on PC hardware, screw final cut, noobie video software. Ableton Live is still PC standard, along with Sony Acid.

It's just the custimization capabilities in the end though. If I wanted too, I could easily install a new shell over XP/Vista that would make my desktop look/act/feel exactly like OSX, but I would never want too, opportunity is still there though.

Apple just never gives enough control to the end user, if I'm spending over 2/3k on a machine (which is just stupid, apple's hardware is terribly overpriced) I want to be able to make it look, feel, act and do what I want it too in the way I want it too. OSX lacks an insane amount of control and functionality.
    Last edited by f_itunes; 10-09-2008 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Should we just make a massive Mac vs PC thread and sticky it?
    Last edited by dale1v; 10-09-2008 at 10:13 AM.
    [/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Very, very, very bad move. Brace yourself for a whole world of flame.
    +1

And mods I know if the pic I had in my signature had to be changed, some one is going to to something about this f*ckitunes name....
    Last edited by mtwiford; 10-09-2008 at 10:15 AM.

......epic

Back to what I said originally Functionality always comes before form. Apple always forgets this, it's the main reason they still only take up less than 10 percent of the computer market.

Quote Originally Posted by mtwiford View Post
    +1

And mods I know if the pic I had in my signature had to be changed, some one is going to to something about this f*ckitunes name....
    My name is just the truth, iTunes has given me far more headaches and problems than any other piece of software I've used. Every little bit about it's concept and design is just completely *** backwards compared to any other media library software there is. It's the main reason I'm so stoked for the PwnPlayer. Finally being able to use the iPod touch iTunes free, just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The possibilty of plugins too??? Oh boy, now I'll be able to use more than just 1/3 of my collection of music on my portable device. YAAAAYYYY.
    Last edited by f_itunes; 10-09-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Windows sucks, I have never had the problems with my mac (functionality for you) that I had with a pc. I will never buy a pc again, but that being said, why dont we try to keep the thread on topic

Quote Originally Posted by fuckitunes View Post
    Back to what I said originally Functionality always comes before form. Apple always forgets this, it's the main reason they still only take up less than 10 percent of the computer market.

My name is just the truth, iTunes has given me far more headaches and problems than any other piece of software I've used. Every little bit about it's concept and design is just completely *** backwards compared to any other media library software there is. It's the main reason I'm so stoked for the PwnPlayer. Finally being able to use the iPod touch iTunes free, just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The possibilty of plugins too??? Oh boy, now I'll be able to use more than just 1/3 of my collection of music on my portable device. YAAAAYYYY.
    Thats great but your name is vulgar and the last time I checked, cash does not put up with it. FYI
    Last edited by mtwiford; 10-09-2008 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

......epic

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

a: Peoples that switch from PC to mac will love it .

b: Peoples don't like mac is a gamer

c: Peoples bashing at mac cause they don't have the $$ to buy it. PC is cheap .You get what you paid for.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kevin36 For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (10-09-2008)

applechic is that you in the photo? You're hot

Quote Originally Posted by Fear1508 View Post
    Wait, whats so illogical about the OSX? Being a PC user for like 10 years, and finally getting a macbook, I already favor my macbook over my PC with its quad core 3ghz... If you ask me, windows is illogical. Such as why should you have to pay for an upgrade in the operating system? Apple users dont have to pay for operating system upgrades. And all the messy commands and prompts to uninstall a program? Also the fact that windows can only use 3.3 gigs of ram at most, even if you have 4 gigs of ram, if you have windows you can kiss the other .7 gigs of ram good bye... sounds more illogical to have windows then osx. Anyways, i know someone is going to probably end up responding a defence to windows like always and itll go on and on. So to cut to the chase of the topic:

Pic seems fake, like previously stated, it would cost more for the production to have a solid brick of aluminum carved for every macbook. "Brick" is just the technology used for the production of the new macbooks. Studying for an engineer and learning about a life cycle assessment, aluminum costs a ridiculous amount to manufacture. The only benefit you get from it is that it can be almost entirely recycled. So the product itself would be higher in price, but apple's objective is to lower the price of the macbook not increase it, therefore that pick is probably a fake and the "brick" is most likely just a technological advancement.
    So far your the dumbest mother ****** I have seen on MMi, I congradulate you on that. If you were a 10+ year PC year you would know that you DO NOT pay for updates and you DO NOT go through command prompt to uninstall a program. If you want to know how to uninstall a program PM me I'll show you, don't worry its not advanced...

Quote Originally Posted by kevin36 View Post
    a: Peoples that switch from PC to mac will love it .

b: Peoples don't like mac is a gamer

c: Peoples bashing at mac cause they don't have the $$ to buy it. PC is cheap .You get what you paid for.

People use PC over Mac for a reason, PC is more compatible with everything. As much as I love a Mac, I would choose PC because of its compatability.

Seriously you all are retards. What good will come out of a Mac vs. PC fight?
    PC owners, do you really think you will convince mac owners you are right? Mac owners, same question. Its like you dont remember from the last 86 times you've argued this same point over the internet that the other party is in fact NOT any less stubborn than you are in your ways.

I've owned both, built both, had fun with both, been frustrated with both... it comes comes down to personal opinion, and if people arent allowed their personal opinions, then I think we all have more problems than simply how much ram our computers support.

So stop moaning about who's E-Cock is bigger.... because you will never convince me or anyone else that yours is bigger than mine or theirs, thats just how forums and blogs are... unless you pm me a picture ;P Totally kidding, please dont. gross.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is getting ridiculous. I do not come to this website to listen to constant mac vs. pc b*tching - that's what slashdot and youtube are for. If you guys are too close-minded and arrogant to just STFU and accept that nobody is going to agree with you then just leave!

Thanks

Ouch, getting a bit to hostile in here. I guess it's time to end this
    [/RIGHT]

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (10-09-2008)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12