Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 8.0.1 Out

Quote Originally Posted by Nightkeeper62 View Post
    Ok, I have tried everything I know to do and still don't have signal after jailbreak. If anyone finds a solution then I sure would like to know.
    How are you jailbreaking your phone? Did you create a package with Pwnage Tool? Are you a legit AT&T customer? If you are, did you select "Activate" in the Pwnage options for your package? If so, create a new package and do NOT have Pwnage activate your phone. Allow iTunes to do it for you. If you are not a legit AT&T customer, perhaps try creating a new package regardless. I ran into problems with it originally and it was always because i'd accidentally select "Activate".

I have never had to do that before so I had to find that option in the general settings. I am trying it now and will let you know. Thank you.

Sure enough that did the trick. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Nightkeeper62; 10-04-2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by felacio View Post
    Not sure if anyone else had the BSoD as soon as you plug in your iphone with iTunes 8. but it seems that 8.0.1 fixed this problem for me. I can now have my HP printer plugged in when I dock my iPhone!
    I wasted 2 hours trying to fix that problem myself the other night (after I bought a new HP printer) before I found a faq from Apple stating there was a problem and work around. Good to know 8.0.1 permanently fixes it. Guess I bought my printer 3 days too soon. lol

Quote Originally Posted by NiteStar View Post
    I wasted 2 hours trying to fix that problem myself the other night (after I bought a new HP printer) before I found a faq from Apple stating there was a problem and work around. Good to know 8.0.1 permanently fixes it. Guess I bought my printer 3 days too soon. lol
    I would count you "lucky".. I spent 2 days and over an hour on the phone with Apple tech support who barely spoke english only to tell me "everyone else is fine, try reinstalling again." I was livid.

Hey, my iphone is coming up in iTunes as having too much "other" space taken up.
    Its ridiculous. Because it was working fine, but after the update, THE SECOND i plugged it in all my music dissapeared (didn't even sync it) and changed from the blue "music" bar to "other".

I really don't want to restore, but is anybody else having thios problem?

16gb 3G Jailbroken 2.1 iphone....

Quote Originally Posted by aries_green_monkey View Post
    Hey, my iphone is coming up in iTunes as having too much "other" space taken up.
    Its ridiculous. Because it was working fine, but after the update, THE SECOND i plugged it in all my music dissapeared (didn't even sync it) and changed from the blue "music" bar to "other".

I really don't want to restore, but is anybody else having thios problem?

16gb 3G Jailbroken 2.1 iphone....
    Never had that problem before mate. Unfortunately if i was in your shoes, i'd just get anxious and restore. Same applies to almost everything for me though. Sometimes I say screw digging for solutions and just... reboot. Restore. Reformat. Computers and phones alike. :P

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

so i assume if i'm still on firmware 1.1.4 i SHOULD NOT upgrade to 8.0.1?

Default 8.0.1 issue as well
    i first upgraded to 8.0.1 itunes and had no problem. After unplugging my 1st gen jailbroken iphone, i cannot seem to get itunes to sync with my iphone anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeDude View Post
    Never had that problem before mate. Unfortunately if i was in your shoes, i'd just get anxious and restore. Same applies to almost everything for me though. Sometimes I say screw digging for solutions and just... reboot. Restore. Reformat. Computers and phones alike. :P
    almost did it, but decided to investigate first.
    FOUND THE FIX!!

It seems all my music was recopied over, out of the iTunes folder and into a false directory or corrupted themselves.

i went into /var/mobile/media/itunes_control and deleted the "Music" Folder entirely. After resync, the "other" section is 100% gone and its all back to normal, jailbreak and all.

dunno what caused it or why, but it worked!!

heres a screenie of where i deleted the file from.

*note, you must have open ssh and a client program such as win scp (thats what i use) to connect.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to aries_green_monkey For This Useful Post:

LeeDude (10-05-2008)

Sweet deal man. If I ever have a problem like that, I'll know how to fix it. Good job. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post
    so i assume if i'm still on firmware 1.1.4 i SHOULD NOT upgrade to 8.0.1?
    I'm not even sure how 1.1.4 worked on iTunes prior to 8.0.1. I've never had a reason not to upgrade, so I never did. Tomorrow i'll try and get my broken iphone up and running with 1.1.4 and see how it goes on this new version. I can't see how they would render it useless just for using an older firmware. Updates aren't mandatory in any way, to my knowledge. And all itunes updates, to my knowledge, haven't caused major issues with jailbroken phones.

Quote Originally Posted by allister362 View Post
    i first upgraded to 8.0.1 itunes and had no problem. After unplugging my 1st gen jailbroken iphone, i cannot seem to get itunes to sync with my iphone anymore.
    I don't have my 1st gen one up and running, due to a cracked screen. Did you try rebooting, quitting and rebooting iTunes, rebooting your phone, etc? Which OS are you using? Even after mine working properly after a reboot, I did get the 13014 error message a SECOND time, at which point I rebooted my entire macbook and that (supposedly) solved the issue. Haven't had any problems since.

EDIT:
    Still kept getting the 13014 error on some occasions that required me to restart iTunes. Deleted com.apple.iTunes.plist files (all of them pertaining to iTunes), and the com.apple.iPod.plist file from my /Users/*username*/Library/Preferences folder, and giving that a whirl. I'll keep you updated.
    Last edited by LeeDude; 10-05-2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Added Stuff

Has anyone had any problems with Album art on itunes 8.0 and now 8.0.1?

When I updated, it removed loads of my album art that I had manually put on there as itunes is too dump to put it on. Yet, when I tried to manually add it back on, it didn't do it. It let me go thought the whole ball ache of a process but still didn't display it!

Anyone had this problem, or know if its fixed in 8.0.1 as I went back to 7!!! I'm a bit anal ya see when it comes to my album art! so I'm still running 2.0.2 jailbroken but want to go to 2.1!

after the update i finally backup my iphone 2.0.2 then after some work with pwnage tool...my iphone is perfectly working with a 2.1 frw.
    It took some hours to make itunes work on my phone since it was seen by the program as an ipod. I had to try for quite a long time but since is 2.1 my iphone is perfect.
    ciao from milan italy
    I solve the arrows problem with a command line on itunes 8.0.and i still have n arrows on this new 8.0.1
    ps my mac is a hack
    Last edited by 115; 10-06-2008 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeesRiK View Post

When I updated, it removed loads of my album art that I had manually put on there as itunes is too dump to put it on. Yet, when I tried to manually add it back on, it didn't do it. It let me go thought the whole ball ache of a process but still didn't display it!

Anyone had this problem, or know if its fixed in 8.0.1 as I went back to 7!!! I'm a bit anal ya see when it comes to my album art! so I'm still running 2.0.2 jailbroken but want to go to 2.1!
    Although i didn't have this problem, i feel you on the album art. i mean, seriously, WTF? I think that EVERY SONG/ALBUM should have it.

I went through the same thing as you when i restored my computer, but thats another story. Its just bull how long it takes to do. They should make it 100000x easier, and they could...

Quote Originally Posted by GeesRiK View Post

I've never personally had this problem, but i'm anal about album art also. Have you tried control-clicking (or right click on PC) and go to clear album artwork, and then have it re-search? If that doesn't work, I think you can manually delete the artwork in the info settings for a song (or group of songs [control+i mac, whtvr on windows]). Maybe after you revert to nothing.... it'll fix itself. If not, perhaps delete the album artwork folder in the itunes directory?

Thanks

was wondering if this update will screw me b/c of the phone being jailbroken, or does it seem to work fine? when i first jailbroke ( 3 months ago ) i got an error message trying to sync and it seemed to work itself out

I am haveing a issue with itunes 8.0. my pc isn't allowing me to update to itunes 8.0 nor un installl the old itunes to install the new one from the apple website. can anyone help? this all started bcuz i purchased 2 apps frm itunes 2 games but they werent syncing to my ipod touch bcuz i was told i needed the new itunes 8.0 so i can have a 2.1 firmware then it would sync then i would have to jailbreak my ipod touch frm 2.0.2 to 2.1 which i am prepared to do bcuz i already have the firmware and i have quickpwn downloaded. jus need itunes 8.o so if anyone can help right right now im me on aim my sn is cillipso410 thx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12