View Poll Results: What do you think "The Brick" is?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Mac Tablet

84 45.41%
  • A New Mac mini

29 15.68%
  • A Wireless USB Hub

8 4.32%
  • Some awesome product line

20 10.81%
  • None of the above (tell us what you think below)

17 9.19%
  • Nothing. There is no brick.

27 14.59%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple "The Brick" Roundup

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elr0y7 View Post
    That's a good theory, being able to download OSX on a pc would definitely put a "brick" to Windows, but I don't see them doing something so suddenly, especially now that they are selling even more of their computers now more than ever and would probably try to stick with their own. They would also have to thoroughly revamp their security to handle the "open-ness" of a pc platform. I could definitely see this happening somewhere down the line, I just don't think now's the time.
    I agree that would be a great idea. I also have to agree that the "brick" doesn't sound like a very cool code name. But maybe they don't want to draw to much attention to it? Sneaky sneaky.

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    i hope its a new mac mini.

i totally agree with the gap between the mini and the G5

I think it would be cool if Apple released a new Mac mini, they need to have a really inexpensive, better performing machine for people who have all the peripherals. But in all honesty I'll believe it when I see it.

That being said... the gap between the mini and the G5 (Mac Pro)... is called an iMac. Where has everyone been the last few years? iMacs now days are amazing machines. There is no "gap"... there's just the iMac that fits nicely between the Mac Mini and the Mac Pro....

Anyway, I'm saying tablet IF there is a brick at all. Apple could take all of their "thinnovation" and new technology from the Macbook air, flip the screen around and have a completely new machine with very little work. Especially considering the time frame between Mac Air, iPhone 3g, Nanos/touches, and now "the Brick".

It's gotta be something pretty easy.

Best code name for anything ever........"The Blue Harvest"

Thanks

there is no brick. there will never be a brick. the brick is a figment of your imagination. you can't pass figments of imagination to other beings. if you could, you already would have passed your little figment to the almighty steve. but because you cannot, the imagination figment can not be passed through his brain; converting it into a working physical product.

... sorry about that
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hmm, I'm guessing "the brick" is an attachment for the Macbook Air. Think about it... somthing the size of a brick that has all the things that is needed that the Macbook Air doesnt have, DVDR, CDR, extra plug-ins, ect....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Mac Brick
    I hope its a new mac mini it has been a long time since they were updated.The touchscreen book looks pretty cool too.I think I read they might have some updates to the macbooks also.Lots of possibilities!

that tablet is sweet. when that comes out i'll be first in line!

Quote Originally Posted by technominds View Post

Yes please.
    Yes I agree. Using the proven working touchscreen from the iPhone, a top selling laptop in macbook, with the stand to make it double as your home workstation that would ELIMINATE having BOTH laptop and a desktop. Kinda like Lord of the Rings, "1 ring to rule them all" a powerful tablet with touchscreen. Just have peripheral ports and you got a solid selling machine to take on BOTH laptop and desktop markets with the sexyness of touchscreen interactions. Id bite for sure!!!
    Last edited by MiSTRFiNGA; 09-24-2008 at 11:32 PM.

in the photo its oviously not a tablet mac but one of those sure would be popular, and with the availability of low power oled screens and vastly reduced and higher capacity memory, I'm sure the possibility isnt far away, lets see who gets one out first !!!!!
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

I don't think it's a device at all. That doesn't make sense. A new computer wouldn't eat into MS's market share as Microsoft doesn't make hardware. New laptops would eat into Dell's and other manufacturers market share but it wouldn't even touch Microsoft. The only way to eat into Microsoft's' market share would be with software that rivals theirs... Maybe built in support for Microsoft applications without the need for VM? Or maybe an amazing new server architecture seeing as Microsoft's real market share stems from Enterprise usage.

If you watch the beginning of this video, he talks about a blank square. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdpRSj7tLiY&feature=related]YouTube - Macworld NY 1999-The First iBook Introduction[/ame]
    Maybe 'brick' is a code name for the new 'blank square' for their product line. If this is true, then they are making something, and it could be a whole new product. Or it could be an update to an older one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12